The highlight of today's chat for me

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

The highlight of today's chat for me

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:45 pm

Boss when you talked about Gibbs the man today,
it was the higlight of the chat for me. I wanted
to address the topic myself but got in later after
someone else did. While most have focus on the winning tradition Gibbs will restore to the Redskins. All I
thought about today was how awsome it would have
been to play for a man like Gibbs, notice I said man.
He is a man, role model and mentor first. It translates past the sidelines at FedEx and Redskins Park. Gibbs builds relationships with these yound men. He is as concerned about a players, marriage, family and well being, as he is about them making a run, throw, catch or tackle.You may ask why this is important or what does this have to do with the game of football, because those same guys will run through a brick wall for Gibbs. Think about how that translates in the 4th quarter of a tie football game.Look at his past players who have kept their distance from this organization since he left, those same players are now lining up to be a part of his return

I'm not sure if the 53 men who will play for Gibbs next year fully understand what they are about to embark on, it will be something very special. They'll be enormous pressure for Gibbs to win and win fast, but for me it will be about a great mentor moldng young boys into men. What a great sports role model for my son who has a deep passion for the game of football. Look around the league and notice some coaches who didn't go home, Parcells didn't go back to New York, Verneil didn't go back to Philly, will Levy go back to Buffalo. Can Dallas and KC call Parcells and Vermeil their own? Gibbs is ours and only ours!! It's a true testimony of this city's passion for our beloved coach Joe Gibbs.

Thanks for recognizing that today Boss
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:26 pm

Well I wish i'd said it as well as that!

Thanks man, and I think you are so bang on. He is a special man and anyone who gets to be around him is better for it.

We are going to see more change this offseason than last, and not just in personnel additions, but in the personnel that we have.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby hogline » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:20 pm

Well said DEHog!!!
National Threat Level Set to Burgundy and Gold!!! HTTR

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:53 am

d. green said when i grow up i want to be just like joe gibbs.... :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:01 am

I'm sure a lot of people would like to be like Joe... but there's only one Joe Gibbs.

And he's back!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:15 am

I'm sure a lot of people would like to be like Joe... but there's only one Joe Gibbs.

And he's back!
no doubt. but, just the fact that a 43 yr old RETIRED cornerback said,"when i grow up" had me rollin. :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:23 am

d. green said when i grow up i want to be just like joe gibbs

So my question is, when will DG grow up?

HTTR
tazlah
redskinsmiley
Last edited by tazlah on Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:31 am

Did anyone read David Aldridge's article about Washington DC and Gibbs on espn.com? The link is below.

I grew up in the area but haven't lived there in almost 7 years. This article really sums up what the Redskins and Joe Gibbs mean to our beloved city. I still can't believe he's back. I'm literally still waiting to be woken up from a dream!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1703355

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:54 am

Wow! What a great article! I've read like everything the post and times has and Aldridge's blows them all away! He totally nails what Gibbs means for the area. Thanks for the link!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football