Channel 4 special was brilliant

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---------

Channel 4 special was brilliant

Postby redskins56 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:25 pm

While I am not a big George Michaels fan, I adore Michael Wilbon, and repsect Sonny Jurgenson. They did a terriffic job, as the only local D.C station with extra, prime-time coverage, live at Redskins Park.

Their one-on-one with savior Gibbs was marvelous, Joe Bugel was outrageous, witty, and charasmatic as always, and the former and current players they interviewed added greatly to the program.

The opening montage with Gibbs hoisting the trophies in his burgundy mesh hat, with the gold cusive R, and the team dumping gatorade on him made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

It was a marvelous show, and a well produced half hour of informavtive insite, great interviews, and much excitement.

When can we get a game... The Ravens are out, how about we meet half way tommorrow on some school recess ground and play a game for the heck of it...? Any takers?

-Geepz

Re: Channel 4 special was brilliant

Postby Morada » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:06 am

redskins56 wrote:While I am not a big George Michaels fan, I adore Michael Wilbon, and repsect Sonny Jurgenson. They did a terriffic job, as the only local D.C station with extra, prime-time coverage, live at Redskins Park.

UGH...the peril of living too far away. Did anyone happen to tape it? I was able to catch the actual 2-hour conference on CSN, but there was little else. I'll pay postage if anyone is willing to make a copy for me.

Thanks!
Transplanted Born and Bred Reskin Fan.
Click you heels three times and say "There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home" Am I back at RFK Stadium yet?

Hog

Re: Channel 4 special was brilliant

Postby Robert K. » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:53 am

redskins56 wrote:While I am not a big George Michaels fan, I adore Michael Wilbon, and repsect Sonny Jurgenson. They did a terriffic job, as the only local D.C station with extra, prime-time coverage, live at Redskins Park.

Their one-on-one with savior Gibbs was marvelous, Joe Bugel was outrageous, witty, and charasmatic as always, and the former and current players they interviewed added greatly to the program.

The opening montage with Gibbs hoisting the trophies in his burgundy mesh hat, with the gold cusive R, and the team dumping gatorade on him made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

It was a marvelous show, and a well produced half hour of informavtive insite, great interviews, and much excitement.

I agree 100% with everything... today was a great day, starting this morning with all 3 WP columns (Wilbon, Kornheiser, Boswell), then the news conference, then Joe Gibbs live with Sonny and George, then Sonny, George, Wilbon, Bugel. Whew! Next season can't come soon enough :D
Robert :D

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:59 am

I know Boss is working on this one, will be great when we get wideo clips here
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:09 am

DEHog wrote:I know Boss is working on this one, will be great when we get wideo clips here

Definitely! I would love to be able to watch stuff like that over again (and again and again) :D
Robert :D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football