Who would you draft in 2004 with the # 5 pick

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:09 pm

I like trading down. I just say, if we have the #5 pick, the 'Skins should go for Taylor (cuz the forum was asking who I would draft, not what would I do with the pick). I don't think there's a D-Lineman in the draft worthy of a Top 5 pick -- but if there was one drafted there, you'd be OVERPAYING for him.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:16 pm

I'm skeptical about Dillon since he bad-mouthed his organization so publically. Are there any D-lineman worth drafting in the top ten?
Gibbs is God

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:27 pm

Are there any D-lineman worth drafting in the top ten?
not really....maybe 11-20, but not top ten.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby skins75 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:35 pm

Sean Taylor is a super stud and should not be passed on with the #5 pick. You can PU a solid DT with our second round pick such as Randy Starks from UMD. I know he hasnt made up his mind about coming out early but if the Skins are interested he will go. I feel that Bowen and Ohalete were just not getting it done. Wouldnt it be nice to have a safety as good if not better than Ed Reed.

As far as Chris Perry is concerned please dont draft a Michigan RB...that is like drafting a Florida receiver. They just dont ever pan out in the NFL. I know that we need a strong RB but has everyone given up on Ladell Betts?

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:44 pm

i won't go so far a sayin "given up" on LB. it's just that he dosen't run with that certain authority you look for in a horse, and is a bit injury prone. he'd make a wonderful change of pace, third down back.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:45 pm

Betts could be the man next year. What's up with Canidate- is he gone? He can't move the pile like Betts. I wish we hadn't gotten rid of Davis- he would've been perfect.
Gibbs is God

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football