Does anyone remember...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:23 pm

You're not alone HitDoctor. I popped open a bottle of champagne last night and toasted the end of our misery. I went over to a friend's place to spread the cheer only to be greeted by apathy and equivocality. But I didn't let that stop me from basking in the burgundy and gold glow radiating from Ashburton last night. For those who don't feel the passion rekindled in DC, I pity them, for they will never know what passion is.
Gibbs is God

Postby rickysanders83 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:29 pm

This is my first time loggin' in, but I'm a long-time lurker. Just wanted to give a shout out to all the Skins fans out there on this most glorious of days. To the first poster: I know what its like not having people in your immediate vicinity to talk to about how HUGE this is. My girlfriend doesn't know who "this Biggs guy" is. In time she'll learn. And being out here in Chicago, all they wanna talk about is Rex Grossman and how he's gonna lead da Bears to glory. Doubtful.

But its just nice to have everything back to normal. It's amazing reading the Post these days and seeing names like Gibbs, Bugel, Grimm, Clark, Jacoby, Monk...it's like we stepped back in some time machine and all that junk with Heath Shuler and Jeff George was just an awful nightmare. Which it was.

So now on to see what the old-school coaches think of the new-school players. I can't tell you how many times I've thought, "man, I wonder what kind of player Arrington would be with Gibbs as coach." Now, we all get to see. Amazing.
"Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done." -- TE Donnie Warren

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:41 pm

Welcome aboard.

Retro's back baby!!!

I live in Canada dude, talk about football challenged. I was so lonely up here as a Redskin fan that i had to start a website just to have some coversations.

Arrington will thrive not because of what he is taught about football, but because Joe Gibbs is going to make a man out of him. I bet L.A was sobbing like I was, listening to Gibbs' press conference. I honestly think that Lavar is one of the few who truly understands what this franchise is all about.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby rickysanders83 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:50 pm

Great site, BossHog. Was that you on the Post yesterday?

Anyway, I think you are right about Arrington. He's special, almost old-school in his approach to the NFL. Sure he gets paid a ton, but his desire to remain with one team his whole career doesn't sound like the usual lip service that most of today's athletes give. He's a Redskin through and through and I think his reaction to Gibbs' return, if not outwardly ecstatic, was probably a huge sigh of relief that FINALLY, FINALLY, he gets to have a coach that will lead him to the Super Bowl. And really, a competitor like Arrington, that's all he wants. To win.

There are a few others I can see being Gibbs-type guys right off the bat. Ramsey, Jansen, Samuels for one. I think Gibbs will take a liking to McCants, Coles and Gardner too. And for some odd reason, I think Smoot will fit right into Gibbs' mentality.
"Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done." -- TE Donnie Warren

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:52 pm

Lavar has said from day one that he wanted to live up to the tradition of the franchise. When they won a couple in the beginning of the season, he strugged off the acceptance of congratulations from post-game interviewers and instead pledged to keep improving. well, he wasn't exactly able to keep the promise, but you could tell his heart was in the right place. I met him out about a month ago at Jerry Stackhouse's birthday party at a nightclub called 1223. He told me then that he was probably the most disappointed player on the team and that he was looking forward to signing a new contract (boy did he ever!) and starting over in training camp. He was very congenial and sounded very sincere. The conversation lasted less than three minutes, but I definitely got a very disappointed vibe from him. He's a winner.
Gibbs is God

Hog

Postby skins75 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:43 pm

I am interested in seeing the development of Derrick Dockery. I believe with the improvements he mad under KH and now having Bugel there we could have 4 Pro Bowlers on our OL next year.

Also, does everyone think that Armstead will be back next year?

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:44 pm

Anyway you could rip those to a divx, mpeg format...??? I'm sure it wouldn't be perfectly legal, but my vhs tapes are about to snap.

:)

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:56 pm

rickysanders83 wrote:Great site, BossHog. Was that you on the Post yesterday?

It was indeed, hands and eyes are still recovering but I had a blast and we've also attracted a lot of great new fans it seems that like us, just like to talk hardcore Redskins.

rickysanders83 wrote:There are a few others I can see being Gibbs-type guys right off the bat. Ramsey, Jansen, Samuels for one. I think Gibbs will take a liking to McCants, Coles and Gardner too. And for some odd reason, I think Smoot will fit right into Gibbs' mentality.

I think Jansen will continue to emerge as the leader of this team but with Gibbs, I think he will be a lot more vocal. The fortitude created by having a Hogs coaching staff can only help the linemen and as I have stated repeatedly, the line was much maligned last year and far better suited to the run as well. These guys are going to be a force under the new regime, and I think thehogs.net will be prouder than ever as the Hogs III emerges.

Smoot was bread and butter this year man. He may never be as good a CB as Champ Bailey is, but he's twice the leader and at such a young age. Fred's mouth is misconstrued. At practice, he's the life of the party, everybody loves the guy, and this year he showed how much heart he had playing through injuries.

That's pure Gibbs. I'm sure he'll love Freddy.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:58 pm

skins75 wrote:we could have 4 Pro Bowlers on our OL next year. Also, does everyone think that Armstead will be back next year?

That's very ambitious, but not too far fetched considering the depth of the OL. I still can't believe that with that talent Ramsey was getting pummelled like that.

Armstead acted like he was coming back last night after the press conference. Oh wait, that may have been Trotter that was answering questions. I'm not sure now, sorry.
Gibbs is God

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:03 pm

That's very ambitious, but not too far fetched considering the depth of the OL. I still can't believe that with that talent Ramsey was getting pummelled like that.
what are the "experts" gonna say about the "sorry line" that we have, when the same guys come out next year and hold the sacks down to under 1 per game..... :hmm:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:38 pm

They're going to credit Bugel, of course. Collingsworthless has already set the precedent.
Gibbs is God

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:40 pm

Colinworthless is very replacable
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Hog

Postby Philly is an Armpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:44 pm

Great sig, Redskinscity
Gibbs is God

Hog

Postby redskincity » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:53 pm

Thanks P.I.A.A!!! HTTR
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:48 pm

I'm speechless....what a wonderful thread...I'm just happy to be reading such good news for our beloved club!

Hugs all around!

Here's to the new HOGS!

HTTR
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football