Blast from the past...Tony Kornheiser's Bandwagon columns!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Blast from the past...Tony Kornheiser's Bandwagon columns!

Postby Robert K. » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:10 am

The Washington Post has online reprints of all of Kornheiser's Bandwagon columns from the 1991 season! http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sp ... gnfrnt.htm

I bet he'll finally bring back the Bandwagon this year. Well, if he's EVER going to do it, when could there possibly be a better time? :)
Robert :D

Postby toddlerdurden » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:40 am

I think he'll bring back the Bandwagon in a year or two. He busted it out for a season that started 11-0. So, there's going to need to be something special happening in order for him to bring it out of the garage.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:42 am

toddlerdurden wrote: So, there's going to need to be something special happening in order for him to bring it out of the garage.

Joe Gibbs ruturns is not special enough ??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:44 am

toddlerdurden wrote:So, there's going to need to be something special happening in order for him to bring it out of the garage.

Joe Gibbs is back! It's not necessarily about winning and losing... it's the excitement that this whole season will generate. It is possible (although unlikely IMO) that the 'Skins won't make a serious run at the SB because of Joe Gibbs' comeback. So, unless Kornheiser wants to bank on having an upcoming season where it's a safe bet for a SB run, then now is the time :)

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:47 am

DEHog wrote:
toddlerdurden wrote: So, there's going to need to be something special happening in order for him to bring it out of the garage.

Joe Gibbs ruturns is not special enough ??

lol... that's what I'm talking about! No matter how successful Joe Gibbs' comeback is, it will be difficult to surpass the level of anticipation and interest that this coming season will produce. :D

piggie

Postby tnathan » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:08 pm

i was 10 years old when those skins rolled to 11-0. i cried the night they lost to dallas. could there have been a better age to have your team win the superbowl? maybe; by age 11, i could remember the redskins winning the superbowl twice. i couldn't remember them not contending. seemed obvious. the redskins were the best team in football.
seems like a lifetime ago.

but let's all take the keys out of the bandwagon. we don't need more disappointment. let's say no to the superbowl next year. say yes to 9-7. let's say yes to the nfc divisionals the next year. superbowl 2006, maybe. for now, i'm happy just to feel like i'm 10 years old again.

"rarely does a man have greater heroes than the champions of his youth."

-mike wilbon

piggie

Re: Blast from the past...Tony Kornheiser's Bandwagon column

Postby psummersjr » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:21 pm

Robert K. wrote:The Washington Post has online reprints of all of Kornheiser's Bandwagon columns from the 1991 season! http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sp ... gnfrnt.htm

I bet he'll finally bring back the Bandwagon this year. Well, if he's EVER going to do it, when could there possibly be a better time? :)

Thank you for posting this... these are fantastic!

Hog

Re: Blast from the past...Tony Kornheiser's Bandwagon column

Postby Robert K. » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:02 pm

psummersjr wrote:Thank you for posting this... these are fantastic!

They definitely bring back some great memories! I have always been a huge Kornheiser fan, and I read all of those columns as they were written back then :)

no bandwagon

Postby Sittingbill » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:31 pm

The keys are locked away from Tony, and Wilbon

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football