Sour Apples

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

Sour Apples

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:10 am

I am sick and tired of my friends trying to ruin my parade!

A lot of them are saying things like, "He won't be the same." and "This is a different NFL than when he last coached."

Although they all agree, however, that Gibbs' return is great for the NFL.....these people just don't realize the quality coach that Joe Gibbs is!

For example, did you all see "Around the Horn" when they asked who the best coach in the NFC East was? They all said Parcells...because Gibbs hasn't proved anything yet.

Come on, guys!!!! Parcells is good....but he is certainly not in the elite class of Joe Gibbs!

To all of you people that think us Redskins fans are short-sighted and losing our minds right now because of Gibbs resigning:

1. Yes, you're correct. We're very happy...and possibly "losing our minds" in euphoria.
2. No, you're wrong. We're not short-sighted. We clearly see what's ahead of us. What's ahead of us is WINNING!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:13 am

Amen, my brother, amen!
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:16 am

Hey this is going to take a while to adjust to... even for the press.

They can bash away, they can't really be expected to say anything else... Gibbs hasn't played a down yet and BP just coached the Pukes to a season far beyond their means.

... it's gonna take at least two regular season games for Gibbs to prove himself and fill up that bandwagon.

ROTFALMAO
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:06 am

Fill that bandwagon up for everyone but constant Skins bashers Chris Collinsworthless, Brian Baldinger, and Len Pasquarelli...

Collinsworthless and Baldinger because they harp on every possible negative while calling Skins games, and Paskapoopy because he was the punk that wrote that in three years Joe Gibbs legendary status will be dropped, and he will be an ordinary Joe...

Everyone else who wants to join the bandwagon I have 2 words for you... ALL ABOARD! Next stop Jacksonville... (The site of next seasons Super Bowl)

-Geepz

swine

Postby skinsNut » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:27 am

The only thing that Len pasquarelli knows about Hogs is that he likes them for breakfast in all 3 forms... ham, bacon, and sausages.
Hail to the Redskins

Diesel

Re: Sour Apples

Postby DEHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:00 am

Justice Hog wrote:A lot of them are saying things like, "He won't be the same." and "This is a different NFL than when he last coached."

Although they all agree, however, that Gibbs' return is great for the NFL.....these people just don't realize the quality coach that Joe Gibbs is!

Come on, guys!!!! Parcells is good....but he is certainly not in the elite class of Joe Gibbs!

Yes I feel ya VH...this has been a hotly debated issue in our clinic.

My question to them is how can you say that it is Good for the NFL that Gibbs is returning and in the same breathe say the game is not the same or it has past him by??? Just doesn't add up in my book. So coming back and being made a fool of because the game has past him by is good for the NFL?

Those same people have said it's good for the NFL that the Cowboys are winning again??? I was just fine and had no problems with the NFL while the cowboys were going 5-11.

And now on to my favorite debate Parcells vs. Gibbs, I love this one. When this comes up the first this I ask is what yardstick are we using..funny how SB is never their answer.

Here are the ones I've heard

He's won everywhere he coached....so has Gibbs, I argue the point that it's harder to stay in one place and stay on top! If you go to a bad place the only way is up...Guess were Gibbs is? ..and since he's been out of the game 11 years in my book this is a different team and as they put it a different league so when Gibbs starts winning will you admit he's great!

He make players better...I give them a push here and remind them that Gibbs won SB with 3 different QB which when you this about it is pretty remarkable.

Then there're are my favorites

He only won two SB with the Giants and hasn't won one since
He is not "your coach" Gibbs is ours and only ours
Then I tell them thay have a better chance agruing Jimmie Johnson to me he won 2 and I think 3 SB in a short time...no telling what he would have done if he Jones had stayed out of his way...I like the Jones jab it reminds them that there owner has acted just like DS at Times

Yes BP is a great coach, bottom lines your the Skins owner you have a choice between Gibbs and Parcells or anybody for that matter...who do you take

Around the horn is all over Parcells becuase he's winning he's here and he's now....Give Gibbs 24 months!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

piglet

Postby Eddie911 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:09 am

They are all just running scared becuase Gibbs is back. The NFC just got tougher :)
The Football God has returned to DC

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:37 am

Give Gibbs 24 months!!
give him just 12...........they'll already be denying that BS.....parcells who? :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:45 am

I think the hesitation is great.

It gives us a little time to re-inforce the floor on that bandwagon, because man, is it going to be full by the 2005 season.

Let them say what they want, and be sure to offer them a fresh plate of crow for their troubles when they have to double back.

You wanna stop 'em in their tracks... they get prtty excited about it all in my experiences so far... so just ask 'em why they're being so defensive. Don't stoop to their level... we know that Gibbs is better than Parcells... and unlike the Cowboys, we don't need to say it. We just have to sit back and wait. Revenge is a plate best served cold. So don't say much, smile, and prepare your gloat speech for after the first BP/JG game.

:rock:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:28 pm

I know the team will play harder, who wants to let Gibbs down? The way the media covers us, I would not want to be......Gardner on Monday, the day after he drops a game winning TD :D
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:45 pm

I just read that Gibbs is going to start looking over are players, do you think Gardner is going to stay, after Gibbs looks at the game film and watches all the key drops, then watches D. McCants and watches all the key catches. I think Gardner should be gone, just my opinion. What do you guys think
Marc

Hog

Re: Sour Apples

Postby Robert K. » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:26 am

Justice Hog wrote:I am sick and tired of my friends trying to ruin my parade!

A lot of them are saying things like, "He won't be the same." and "This is a different NFL than when he last coached."

Blah, blah, blah. It doesn't matter how long he's been gone... because of his style of coaching. Gibbs doesn't lead by intimidation. It's all about mutual respect. Any player who cares about winning will be ready to run through a wall for Joe Gibbs after a short time around him.
Robert :D

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:37 am

You know - the thing that I love about Gibbs and the thing that makes him so unpredictable no matter how long he has been out of football is the idea that he can change up and adjust with the best of them.

Two quick things prove this point very well - when he came to Washington he wanted to run Air Coryell's offense. It failed due to the personnel he had on the field, so he changed to the ground attack. When we got Rypien and Monk, Sanders, Clark and Warren in there, we were the league leaders in 40+ yard plays that year.

Don't worry about it guys - even if he can't get the holes filled at RB, TE and rebuild the DL and fix a few other problems with the cap this year, the offense will be just fine. The man knows how to design offenses, and will do so to the personnel he has on hand.

I don't imagine we will see a lot of stuttering like we have the past several years. I am so glad to have a hard working, dedicated, disciplined, detail oriented man at coach again. The players have to work hard just to keep up with him - he and his staff will set the standards and make them drive themselves.

They won't want to let him down anymore than the original Hogs wanted to - mark my words.
Rich in Roanoke

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:35 am

SLAMMER YOU ARE RIGHT ON ABOUT GARDNER, USE HIM AS TRADE BAIT!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:17 am

another point on the time away...... he was NEVER around nascar, and adapted rather nicely. the are lots of teams that have been in it a lot longer than gibbs racing and have never even come close to winning the winston cup. i think gibbs heeds that old sayin "adapt and survive" My 2 cents
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football