Rolling up on 500

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Rolling up on 500

Postby BossHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:44 pm

Well, I have to tell you... I have never cared how quickly this message board grew. Those here from the start will tell you that I have never strayed from our goal of good fotball conversation for the sake of growing the board. I have also NEVER trolled any other Redskin message board though this one has been done by all of them. I just want good Redskin football conversation here... not senseless bickering.

... but I also have to tell you, that I find it painful being so close to a benchmark number like 500 members. So do me a favor... if you're new to the site, check it all out... there's tons to see if you go through the sections... check out the exclusives sections and read some of our articles. We think you'll find that not only do we write a lot of Redskin content for you to read, but that it's pretty good stuff too. We think you'll like the site.

Then tell a friend.

And if you're a lurker... please register.... even if it's just to read last year's training camp reports that are in the archives. We make almost everything available to everyone, but there are a few forums like the Smack forum and the Archives that are only available if you register.

Just end my misery. I don't want it to take weeks to get to 500... throw me a bone here. I don't ask much.

And send me your ideas and suggestions (feedback@thehogs.net) .... because all we're ever after, is a place to bleed burgundy and gold a little bit harder. We like to think that we put the fan in Redskin fanatic here at thehogs.net, and we like to think that it comes from listening to the people who come here.

Thanks.
Last edited by BossHog on Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:10 am

OK... just 29 to go. We're getting closer.

:-)

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:52 pm

BossHog wrote:OK... just 29 to go. We're getting closer.

:-)

Only 20 to go now :D

Before the Washington Post chat it was around 420? (give or take)
Robert :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:57 pm

Yeah, as I said... I've never really cared, but 500 just seems like such a nice round number... should only be a day or three more now.

I'm more impressed with the calibre of the new posters than the quantity.

... and good conversation is all we're after.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:29 pm

BossHog wrote:I'm more impressed with the calibre of the new posters than the quantity.

... and good conversation is all we're after.

Yep, that's what I liked right away about this place. The discussions were good, and the people appeared knowledgable (and civil!) :P

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:59 pm

Yep, that's what I liked right away about this place. The discussions were good, and the people appeared knowledgable (and civil!)
well we aren't eagle fans now are we? :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

piggie

Postby noshirtforyou » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:04 am

Hey Boss, have you tried contacting redskins.com to put a link to this site? That would surely get us some more members.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:15 am

hailskins666 wrote:
well we aren't eagle fans now are we? :lol:

lol :lol:

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:29 am

noshirtforyou wrote:Hey Boss, have you tried contacting redskins.com to put a link to this site? That would surely get us some more members.

They don't link to fan sites.

But hey, it's no problem... there's no rush really. As I said, we're more concerned with good football threads than the number of members. I just didn't want to sit painfully close to 500 for a couple of months during the 'lean' off-season.

But I'm pretty sure it'll be a non-issue by tomorow or the day after.

Keep signing up folks!

swine

Postby whomp-em » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:10 am

with the Gibbs signing fans are starving for info - i found the site because of the chat you did on the post website. and now i'm on it all day every day! you'll get to 500 really soon, and i'm guessing you'll be up to 1,000+ when training camp rolls around.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:24 am

whomp-em wrote:- i found the site because of the chat you did on the post website. and now i'm on it all day every day!

Same here! I was intrigued by the fact that The Post chose this site, even though there was only about 400 members. After just a little bit of poking around here I could see that it was definitely about the quality, not quantity (of members..... there's plenty of great content!).

It'll be great getting psyched up for this coming season with this core group of frequent contributors that I've seen hanging out so far :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:54 am

Thanks guys.

As I have said before, we've kept a low profile in our firt couple of seasons while we tried to build a great place for Redskin fans to come.

I am fortunate enough to have an army of volunteers that are really the only thing that allow me to keep growing the site. Their hard work and burgundy and gold blood is responsible for adding to your daily fill of more Redskins info.

1000 by the start of 2004 eh? Funny... had the same goal myself... but if it's only 600 and they all talk football, I'll still be a happy guy.

There are lots of places you can go and bicker and name call... this will never be one of them.

And as long as it takes is fine, we think the end result will be the best place to come and get intelligent conversation about the Redskins and/or football.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:06 pm

You know, I just got here. I used to subscribe to the old newsletter, but I got tired of it coming too late for me to catch up on the news before the games were played, and plus it came in the mail all ratty. As I've said on these boards before, I check both major papers every single day. I was on the other day and saw at the Post about a live chat with somebody named Mark Solway. Now, I try to do the Chat House now and again. I'd never heard of this "Solway" before. After reading the transcript, I followed the link from there to here.
I like what I've found here, and I hope that my love for this team comes through in my posts.
Thanks for a nice place to spend some time.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:11 pm

Mark Solway AKA Boss Hog, and thanks.

There is a site info section on the website, with bios on all the merry men that help me out if you ever wanna learn a bit about us. We're all just blue collar schmoes trying to build a Redskin community for other schmoes like us.

We appreciate everyone's participation.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:20 pm

492....only eight left. maybe i can convince the GF to become a part of the family tonite......maybe
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football