Rolling up on 500

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:37 pm

Bahhh.... let the people who wanna come, come... it will happen tomorrow regardless.

There will be a couple of people that are lurking and just waiting to be that notorious 500th member :-)

I think there's some great new people here and I enjoy the conversation. Some of you seem to be growing as addicted as me.

:shock:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:53 pm

There will be a couple of people that are lurking and just waiting to be that notorious 500th member
see, thats all the more reason for my GF to sign up. now i have a reason. besides, she's just scared, dosen't want anyone to laugh at her for her "lack" of football knowledge.( i know i'm working on her, it takes time. at least i got her wearing B&G on sunday's now :lol: )
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:00 pm

hailskins666 wrote:she's just scared, dosen't want anyone to laugh at her for her "lack" of football knowledge.

Tell her that we don't laugh at you :lol: :lol: (haha... I'm just kidding... you da man :P :wink: )
Robert :D

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Tell her that we don't laugh at you
why, i laugh at my own idiocy sometimes :lol: i was crazy enough to stick with this team for the last 11 years..... :D as were the rest of you :P
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:17 pm

hey if taz can be converted, anyone can.

And she's hooked now.... she had as much fun at camp as I did.

We're gonna start that Football 101 forum though too, and then hopefully she'll be able to go there and feel comfortable. In fact, I'll try do that tomorrow.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:20 pm

cool even more reasons. you guys are arguing my case for me :up:
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:27 pm

BossHog wrote:We're gonna start that Football 101 forum though too, and then hopefully she'll be able to go there and feel comfortable.

That's an awesome idea :D

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:34 pm

hailskins666 wrote:
Tell her that we don't laugh at you
why, i laugh at my own idiocy sometimes :lol: i was crazy enough to stick with this team for the last 11 years..... :D as were the rest of you :P

Yeah... no joke. It has been absolutely BRUTAL, and never worse than when Spurrier stepped down... because where was there to go from there? Snyder keeps trying (with good intentions) to top the previous move, with increasingly disasterous results. Aside from getting back Joe Gibbs, I can't think of ANYTHING that would've made me feel better about next year... I figured that no matter how good it looked on paper it would blow up in his face as usual.

BUT then he made the ONE move that takes all of those things out of play. I think that the only time Snyder's name will come up in the next few years is when people praise him for making a hire that proves how much he cares about the franchise, and that it's not just about his ego (sure, he might overstep every once in a while... but he has a LOT of goodwill in the bank)

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:53 pm

Aside from getting back Joe Gibbs, I can't think of ANYTHING that would've made me feel better about next year... I figured that no matter how good it looked on paper it would blow up in his face as usual.
heck i was starting to feel good about fassel and green. i never in my wildest dreams thought anything like this would ever happen. now those two seem like petty bumps in the long road we have traveled as skis fans.
THN's resident jerk.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:02 pm

hailskins666 wrote:heck i was starting to feel good about fassel and green.

I wanted to feel good about them... but it wasn't working. I figured it would've improved the situation, but it would still ultimately fall apart before any REAL success or building was achieved. And then we'd be back to looking for another retread. I might've found a way to make myself optimistic before next season... but last week the pain was still too fresh. Now I could not possibly feel better about the 'Skins future :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:07 pm

heck i was starting to feel good about fassel and green. i never in my wildest dreams thought anything like this would ever happen. now those two seem like petty bumps in the long road we have traveled as skis fans.

Now we have assistant coaches that are better than the also rans.

ROTFALMAO

HTTR

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:19 am

Now we have assistant coaches that are better than the also rans.
guess its true what they say....NEVER say never.
THN's resident jerk.

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:31 am

Hailskins wrote:
she's just scared, dosen't want anyone to laugh at her for her "lack" of football knowledge.( i know i'm working on her, it takes time. at least i got her wearing B&G on sunday's now )

Hey no-one has laughed at me yet! (Well, except for BossHog when I ask him my "football-newbie" questions! :hmm: )

Besides -- this is a great place to become educated on football and obviously specifically 'Skins football. Not too sure exactly how many things I've picked up from here and reiterated at the "water cooler" at work -- impresses them regardless, even if I really don't have a clue what I'm talking about!! ROTFALMAO
(Just wait till I mention SCRAPPLE ---> :puke: )

And there's always the "Lounge" forum -- it's for anything but football!!!

So, for ANYBODY out there lurking, unsure if they can contribute to the high caliber discussions that go on here: go on, sign up, ask your questions -- who better to get answers from than the knowledgable fan base we have here!

taz Cool
redskinsmiley HTTR

Joe's#1Fan

anything and everything on the skins.

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:47 am

like i said on another thread this is the best of the best in regards to our favorite team and favorite hogs as well.

info non stop- thats the way i like it -sports nut
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:01 pm

[/quote]heck i was starting to feel good about fassel and green.[/quote]
I was not. I know Fassel, because I live in NY. He's NOT what we need. Denny Green is the other end of the spectrum. He needs total control, but hasn't really shown that he can go all the way with it. After a season or two, Snyder would be back to his old tricks. Rhodes was only a minor distraction. He's not HC material, and he freely admits it.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football