New as a Member, But Not as a Fan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

New as a Member, But Not as a Fan

Postby skinzfan202 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:49 pm

Hey. I'm new to the board. I will say that I discovered this website by accident, thanks to going through the Washington Post website, and clicking on Mark's name aka BossHog (if I'm not mistaken). I may be new as a member, but I will say that I have been a Redskins fan since I started getting into football. I have also been a fan through thick and thin. I felt the pain as a Redskins fan during the time Joe Gibbs retired from coaching. Even though Gibbs was out of coaching, there were some good times while he was away. My favorite moment while he was away was when when the Redskins played their final game at RFK Stadium. Those were the good old days. With Gibbs back to coach the Redskins again, some parts of the good old days will be back, especially the fans. This is all I pretty much have to say for now, but I will say that this is a great website for 'Skins fans. I look forward to posting and responding around here.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:53 pm

welcome!!!

We have lots of new people from the chat on the Post and it's always great to meet more people that bleed burgundy and gold.

There's never any shortage on opinion here, and we love a good, civil argument.

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:47 pm

Welcome skinzfan202

All Hail Skins
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:57 pm

Welcome to the board Skinzfan202... this is a great place to hang out and talk about the new and vastly improved 'Skins :D
Robert :D

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:18 pm

welcome Skinzfan02

HTTR
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:11 am

Welcome to the best web site on the net.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:02 am

Welcome, and look forward to chating with ya !!
Marc

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:06 pm

I'm new to the board, too. I've been a lifelong fan (not a bandwagoner), and was led to this board by my son, who is also a 'skins fan (I raised him right, despite living in New England). I was complaining that since I had left AOL, I hadn't found anywhere to discuss the 'skins. He pointed me here, saying the fans who post here are more knowledgible and sophisticated than any he has found. Reading through, it seems he's right. Best of all, I've yet to see any Silver and Blue contaminants. Thanks, Boss.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:26 pm

welcome too, countertrey. we try hard to be the better skins fan site out there. we actually have a couple cowboy fans here too, that want to actually talk football. :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

piglet

Hi and welcome

Postby Eddie911 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:12 am

Welcome Skinzfan02
The Football God has returned to DC

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:23 am

hailskins666 wrote:welcome too, countertrey. we try hard to be the better skins fan site out there. we actually have a couple cowboy fans here too, that want to actually talk football. :wink:

Whoaaaahhhhh, Nellie ! What's this I read ? Cowboys fans, here in our hallowed halls ?
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Mr. Drummond ? :shock:
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome from everybody. It's nice to be around Redskins fans, especially from different areas of this country. I'm definitely proud to be a Redskins fan, even during times when they suck. That's part of being a diehard Redskins fan. I can pretty much say that just about all of us are just that.

Postby skinzfan202 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:29 pm

Anonymous wrote:Thanks for the welcome from everybody. It's nice to be around Redskins fans, especially from different areas of this country. I'm definitely proud to be a Redskins fan, even during times when they suck. That's part of being a diehard Redskins fan. I can pretty much say that just about all of us are just that.

This was me who typed this as a guest. I forgot to log on when I came to this site.

Postby skinzfan202 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:31 pm

Texas Hog wrote:welcome Skinzfan02

HTTR

Thanks. It's nice to see you and other Redskin fans coming from Texas, especially the dreaded home of the Cowboys.

Joe's#1Fan

same reasons that i,m here now

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:I'm new to the board, too. I've been a lifelong fan (not a bandwagoner), and was led to this board by my son, who is also a 'skins fan (I raised him right, despite living in New England). I was complaining that since I had left AOL, I hadn't found anywhere to discuss the 'skins. He pointed me here, saying the fans who post here are more knowledgible and sophisticated than any he has found. Reading through, it seems he's right. Best of all, I've yet to see any Silver and Blue contaminants. Thanks, Boss.

thats why i like this site alot cause it,s everything and more on our redskins -the people up here are very imformative on our favorite team. good clean fun.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football