Bring The Freak and Gardener Back!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Bring The Freak and Gardener Back!!!

Postby The Skins Fan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:27 pm

I just read in Washington Post.com's article of how Jevon Kearse is a free agent this off-season. In addition, Daryl Gardener will be released from the Broncos. Let's brush aside the RB and other needs and let's focus in on DL. IF it is affordable, then I would love to see Kearse and Gardener on the same flight into Washington. True, Kearse has had injuries in the past (but who hasn't...especially Kearse had some pretty severe injuries) and Gardener's attitude and reputation isn't the greatest thing in the world. However, Jevon had his best season with Greg Williams and he's came out publicly and said he would love to be with Williams again and Gardener had a clean and polished reputation when he was here and what he did here before, I'd welcome him with open arms (and a warning about his attitude like last time). Either way you look at it ladies and gentlman, seeing Kearse and Gardener lined up in Burgendy and Gold on the Defensive line next year would be really exciting to see how much damage that duo would do
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:20 pm

the thought of makes you want to drool dosen't it.....
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:30 pm

I would love to see Kearse and Gardener on the same flight into Washington.

If you want my My 2 cents , I say try to bring Kearse into the fold. I think he'll have a great year under Williams and that's exactly what this team needs!!!

As for Gardener, something about him makes me feel a little standoffish. My gut says to avoid Gardener and focus on Kearse.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:31 pm

hailskins666 wrote:the thought of makes you want to drool dosen't it.....

I am all for it, but we must use caution with the cap!! In a few years the big money of Arringtons deal will hit, along with Jansens, Coles, Thomas just to name a few. We will need dollars to resign Ramsey, Smoot and others. Our cap situation in the coming years really scares me with Snyder running the show. I hope Gibbs uses the conservative approach!!!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:40 pm

Snyder is a smart man, and i'm sure he'll figure out a way to keep all our great players. And another thing to say to all those people hoping to bring in Corey Dillon, SCREW HIM. He said he wants to go to Dallas, and is getting old, so draft Kevin Jones and have a long term solution at RB. Anybody who can run a 4.26 in the forty is a beast.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:42 pm

Anybody who can run a 4.26 in the forty is a beast.
oh yea, trung is faster than that.................
THN's resident jerk.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:13 pm

I would prefer Adewale Ogunleye, Darren Howard, or John Abraham over Kearse. I havent made a choice on DT but I know I don't want Sapp or Gardener. I guess I would take Cornelius Griffin or Corey Simon (I think Simon's a FA).
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:18 pm

Jake, I agree Kearse might not be the best DE for the Skins to sign because of his history of injuries, BUT... Howard isn't the fastest guy, and Ogunleye is an unproven player because hes got Jason Taylor drawing double teams on the opposite side. Plus, getting Ogunleye would mean we would have to give them compensation, because hes a Restricted FA. Abraham would be a good choice though.

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:33 pm

Hey, Hailskins 666...
Trung might be .2 seconds faster than Kevin Jones, but Kevin Jones actually knows how to break tackles. What happens when you ask Trung to do that? He keeps injuring his damn ankle.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:20 pm

Trung might be .2 seconds faster than Kevin Jones, but Kevin Jones actually knows how to break tackles. What happens when you ask Trung to do that? He keeps injuring his damn ankle.
i'm not doubting jones on his speed, but what makes him different than a scat back like dung? we have enough of those.
THN's resident jerk.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:31 pm

Hello. First time poster, long time fan. I rooted for Monk in Syracuse, and became a Redskins fan when they drafted him. Here's my thing. I don't want Kearse, Gardner or Sapp. Jevon, despite his familiarity with our new DC, would still need a year to gel with LaVar, and they both have the same free-lancing issues. I think Williams can do the job with the three LBs we have now. The money is better spent, IMHO, on the front four. I don't want Daryl to come back. I feel that he isn't what you'd call a "Gibbs-Type" player. (Please don't bring up Dexter. I know. Gardner is no Dexter Manley.)His one year here with us was okay, but he was playing for a new contract that year. When he got it, and went to Denver, he went right out and got himself in trouble (plus injured). I wouldn't want Corey Simon, either. He got himself hurt tonight in the game v. the Packers. He's fat. He got six or seven sacks this year because of the people around him. No, if I have to take an Eagle, give me Kalu back.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

swine

Postby Bitter Smuggs » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:03 pm

Hello, I have been lurking on this board for about a week now, and am now making my first post. The thing that got me to finally stop lurking and start posting is the board's classification as Kevin Jones as a scat back. I have seen numerous posts claiming that he is just a small back with speed much like Trung. I am a little biased since I am a Hokie, but you guys couldn't be farther from the truth. He does have a tenency to dance instead of hitting the hole, but Kevin Jones is 6'0 220lbs. He is a lot like Deuce McAllister, but has Trung's speed. He is a freak of nature. I would love to see him be the back that gets the benefit of playing for Coach Gibbs and running behind the new Hogs.

---------

Postby redskins56 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:23 pm

The Hokie, who is a first time poster is absolutely right. Jones is no Skat Back. I have watched close to all of his games this season and to classify him as anything like Trung Canidate would be wrong.

They do different things and the only thing they have in common is speeed. Jones has better field vision, and hits holes harder. He does remind me a bit of Duece McCallister, but to me, he is a lot like Ricky Williams.

They are both right around 6 feet tall give or take an inch or two, and both have powerful legs. Once they get going, they are tough to bring down, and like big country, they always end runs falling forward. They punish would be tacklers with stiff arms, and shoulders, and are a chore to bring down in the open field.

They are both flashy and elusive, and both have a nice burst of speed after braeaking through the first line of defense, that helps gets them into the secondary quickly. I think Jones would be a nice addition, that is if the Redskins address the Defensive line in Free Agency.

We won't know what to get until we see who they snag in FA. Everyone knows we are in desperate need of one or two elite pass rushers that reack havoc around the corners of the line. It's even less of a secret, that we are in need of a big defensive tackle to clog the middle of the line and help stop our opponents from pounding us between the tackles.

Did anyone see gargantuan DT Grady Jackson (%75) for the Packers today against the Eagles. That guy must have been 380 pounds, I don't care what they list him at. He stands up the center, forces the o-line to double and occassionally triple team him, and still gets a push up the middle caushing the pocket to collapse towards the QB... We need a porker in the middle like him!

-Geepz

Hog

Postby skins75 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:07 am

Jackson is a beast. If he only could of held on to Donovan the Pack would be in the upcoming championship game instead of the freakin Eagles. There front four did a good job of stopping Deuce and Buckhalter but McNabb killed them.

COZ

Postby COZ » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:31 am

Instead of Corey Dillon how about Duce Staley? He's a FA this year and won't be back with the beagles. He looked good last night. Big guy who can take a hit and motor.

Injuries and attitude aside - he may fit just right....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football