Bring The Freak and Gardener Back!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:53 pm

I am completely against picking up Sapp, his skills are on the wane and he would demand too much money, all Sapp is riding on is his name and not his decaying talent

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:12 pm

Absolutely not Sapp. Too much baggage, anyway. Not Corey Dillon, either. If what Marvin Lewis did this year for Cincy wasn't enough to keep him, what will ? A big payday, sure. He doesn't look like a change of scenery is what he needs. That would be an attitude adjustment, as administered by a pipe wrench across the forehead.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

swine

Postby whomp-em » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:22 pm

I'd bet they leave Sapp, Staley and Dillon on the FA wire. None of those guys seem like Gibbs type players. Sapp is all mouth and getting older, Staley had the whole hold out fiasco, and Dillon basically bashed the whole Cincy organization for the last couple of years. We don't need 'em. Joe has always had a knack for finding the role players and getting the most out of them so hopefully he'll take some lesser knowns and work his magic. And then they can get a big-time back at #5 in the draft.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:44 pm

welcome BitterSmuggs, the more I hear about the Hokie Jones, the more I like him....sounds like our type of back.

Trung's gotta go IMHO....he's not a HOG type of back....unless he's willing to serve as a 3rd down type back....I think he has pretty good hands.

I'd love to see Kearse come on board and get Gardner back (assuming he's healthy, mentally and physically). Gardner was a beast here and made our defense shine in '02.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:16 pm

just saw this on gardner. i don't think he'll be a part of a gibbs team.
Daryl Gardener's status with the Denver Broncos still might be in limbo, but the organization recently made it clear how it feels about his $5 million signing bonus.

The Broncos want it back, all of it.

rest of article here:http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_2577296,00.html
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:14 pm

Excellent catch, 666. This article absolutely confirms my belief in what I wrote in a similar post a few days ago. Daryl Gardener is an absolute terror up the middle when he's playing for a new contract
Once he has what he feels is an appropriate amount of money, he starts strutting and bickering. Guy was an angel the one year he was here. He also went out of his way, several times to say that he'd be a "redskin for life". He was brought in here with baggage from Miami. The coaches there said he'd been uncoachable the last two years he'd been there, and that they'd kept him based on his "potential". (There's that "p" word again) As soon as he got the money in Denver, he got hurt in a fight at a pancake house. Then, he started in with his DC, his line coach and his HC.
The only way we could possibly bring him back is to offer him a series of one-year tenders, and maybe close down all the IHOPS and Aunt Sarah's restaurants.
A roll of duct tape might also come in handy, along with a media blackout for him.
Is he worth all that ? Hell no ! Aunt Sarah's makes a mean Blueberry stack, and they even overdo the homefries.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football