Q&A With Sportstalk 980's Bram Weinstein

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^

Postby Punu » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:49 pm

What do you think of other media counting out the REDKSINS or not giving them any credit regardless of thier record or performance?

Also, This has stirred up some attention in the metro area, What do you think of George Solomon calling Fedex Fans Bush League?
Skins Crazy... I get it from my pops

Don't matter where you are.... YOUR IN REDSKINS COUNTRY!

~~~~~~

My qyestions

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:17 pm

Intro:

A lot of things have been said about Joe Gibbs since his return.

Some people say that "the game has passed him by".

Others have said that "he can not relate easily to the new generation of young NFL players".

Yet others maintain that "his game style is antiquated and predictable, and that it can not survive in the new and aggressive defensive schemes of the NFL today".

Question:

What is your view on these comments?
Will Joe Gibbs win a championship in today's NFL?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:46 am

Bram:

Last night I saw you in the camera shot for Fox News, as they interviewed Joe Gibbs.

First of all, you rock! :rock:

But here are my off-the-beaten-path questions:

1) What made you decide to cut your hair? Did you gain credibility with Coach Gibbs with a more tame do? (I ask because I've seeen older pics of you on the 980 website)

2) Do you ever pull a Jim Carrey and start making faces/goof off while some of the TV people are filming the interview/s? I mean, i know you wouldn't do something that would cost you your press pass, or anything, but, for a moment last night, I thought 'whoa, Bram is making a number of faces on TV...boy does he have a good face for radio. :wink: ' :lol:

Seriously though, ever play any pranks on the TV reporters?

3) Did Joe threaten to completely move his show to WJFK after Steve and Andy spent all last year berating him before, and after, his weekly spot, while they kissed his buttocks on-air?

4) Follow-up to #4: How do you feel having the privilege -- nay, the honor-- of interviewing the coach every week? Do you conduct them in the same room at Redskins Park? How do Steve and Andy feel now that they've been left out in the cold?

That's all...for now :twisted:

- REDEEMEDSKIN O:)
Back and better than ever!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:56 am

There's some good questions in there. Keep them coming folks.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:52 am

Who is calling the plays on offense?
We were led to understand that Gibbs was going to let the plays be "called" from the coaches "upstairs" and that he would only call plays when he wanted to make a change.
Is Gibbs calling his own game or has he turned this job over to others?
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:35 pm

Bram:

As a homer:

1)What is your gut telling you about this year's team?

2) How did you celebrate the Dallas win? Did you actually finish watching the game on Monday Night?

3) In your honest opinion...

Brunell or Ramsey? Why?
Back and better than ever!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:04 pm

Intro:

The Skins have been systematically underestimated in all power rankings and playoff
predictions this year by most "experts".

The only exception is Joe Theisman who made nothing short of the most spectacular and unexpected prediction this year: The Washington Redskins will make it to the Superbowl!

Question:

Is Theisman out of his mind or he is a genius and he knows something about the team, we mortals and outsiders do not comprehend yet?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:50 pm

In your opinion Bram, how could the Redskins IMPROVE their seemingly tenuous relationship with the media?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:06 pm

BossHog wrote:In your opinion Bram, how could the Redskins IMPROVE their seemingly tenuous relationship with the media?
ANS: "Give THN full press access." 8)
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:22 pm

What do you think GW will be able to do to make up for our lack of a pass rush thus far in the season?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:48 pm

DO you feel "fan sites" should be given access to the team?
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby skins81 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:33 am

Do you have any inside information on Lavar Arrington?
Is the any truth to the rumor that he told coaches he does not want to participate on special teams plays?
"I DN'T ENVISION MYSELF LEAVING, BUT I CN'T STAY WHERE I'M NT WANTED AFTER ALL THESE REPORTS R COMIN OUT DAILY!" - TO

Hog

Postby WuSkinsFan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:13 pm

What is your assessment of the Redskins' use of the play action pass through the 1st 3 games? Are they using it enough or too little? Is the play action pass effective when they do use it?
Should they use it more?
After every game, every play & every highlight, I'll always remember #21. RIP Sean.

+++

Postby NikiH » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:28 am

When will know which questions you guys have selected for Bram to answer?
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:34 am

Working on it now.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football