Will FedEX shake like RFK used to?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will FedEX shake like RFK used to?

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:47 pm

And when will they rename the place Joseph Gibbs Stadium?

I'm hoping that with the second coming, FedEX will remind us all of how RFK used to be, chock full of Skins fans with nary a Cowboy or Eagles fan in site. Do you all think Snyder should turn down the blaring music and ads to allow for a more football experience (as opposed to the almost unbearable mind-numbing sports entertainment that has become the NBA).

I just want some good ol' fashioned Redskin football again!

Postby rickysanders83 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:48 pm

Hell yeah it will!
"Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done." -- TE Donnie Warren

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:05 pm

Fed Ex will be rocking when the Redskins start winning, and that ain't gonna take long.

But it'll never rock like RFK.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:21 pm

I think you are right BossHog, and that kinda makes me sad. How cool would it be if they scheduled a game there next year? Ah well, I guess its best to let the past live on in our memories and start over new in FedEX for the Gibbs Era II.

Hog

Postby doroshjt » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:24 pm

I sure hope so. Nothing made me more upset then when someone would bust a 12 yard run and the announcer would over hype it with, 12 yard gain, tackle made by LAAAAVAR ARRINGGGGGGTON!!!! You should only hype up plays that deserve to be, such as a loss or a critical stop. I can't stand the constant cheerleading that is being forced upon us by mark from arrow 97.9. Its just something that irks me. You comparison to the NBA is very true. I think the crowd can sometimes be subdued by the constant berage of DMX and Beyonce that comes through the speakers.

swine

Postby whomp-em » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:33 pm

FedEx will never be like RFK just based on the design. But it can still be loud and rocking! Even if the fans aren't basically stacked up on the sidelines like they were at RFK, 80,000+ is a lot of lung capacity. Like Boss Hog said, when the wins come so will the cheers and I'll bet that pretty soon it will be a stadium that opponents dread visiting.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:40 pm

whomp-em wrote:FedEx will never be like RFK just based on the design. But it can still be loud and rocking! Even if the fans aren't basically stacked up on the sidelines like they were at RFK, 80,000+ is a lot of lung capacity. Like Boss Hog said, when the wins come so will the cheers and I'll bet that pretty soon it will be a stadium that opponents dread visiting.

".... a miserable place for the opponents to come and play."

That's what Gibbs said at his press conference.

I think modern engineering prevents Fed Ex from ever 'rocking' like RFK, but it'll be fun trying won't it?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:41 pm

I think it'll be like a completely different stadium with Gibbs back :D

(but I don't think they designed FedEx so it could shake like RFK! ;) )
Robert :D

----

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:44 pm

BossHog wrote:But it'll never rock like RFK.

HTTR

You got that right!!
it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football