P. King on Gibbs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

P. King on Gibbs

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:27 pm

CNN/SI's Peter king gives his take on Gibbs...

Gibbs keeps no clocks in the coaches' offices. Moral of the story: You work until you get the job done. "It's like Las Vegas,'' his offensive line coach, Joe Bugel, said. "Time doesn't matter.'' (Not to pick on Steve Spurrier, who is such an easy target these days, but my favorite story of the Spurrier regime is that one of his assistants saw newly signed quarterback Tim Hasselbeck in the office one Tuesday, an off-day, at 4 in the afternoon studying tape. The assistant said: "What are you doing in here? It's your day off! Get out of here.'' Hasselbeck, sadly, obeyed, even though he realized he was going to be playing soon, and he knew next-to-nothing about the offense. Instead of studying six more hours so he would know his stuff when practice began the next day, Hasselbeck left the office. That would've never happened under Gibbs.)

The devout Gibbs won't curse. He will look down on those who do. Dadgum is OK. So is goldang. Someone curses and he'll say something like: "Don't curse. Bad luck to curse.''

Click here for the rest

Uhhh.... 'daggum' it is sir....
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Re: P. King on Gibbs

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:03 pm

BossHog wrote:CNN/SI's Peter king gives his take on Gibbs...

Very nice... and similar to what most knowledgable writers have been saying.

Except for Len Pasquarelli........ and I still wonder what his agenda was. Just to draw some attention to himself? Bitter that he got scooped on the story?
Robert :D

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:42 pm

He has to win. He's a miserable loser. At age 29, when he was an assistant coach at USC, Gibbs took up racquetball. He became obsessed with the game. In 1973, while coaching the St. Louis Cardinals, after night meetings ended, Gibbs sometimes played in the racquetball court inside Busch Stadium until the wee hours. In 1976, at age 35, he won the national 35-and-over U.S. Racquetball Championship. "After I finished with team sports," Gibbs said, "it was almost like I was crazed. I had to have something to do. Racquetball filled a void in my life, a personal competitive thing. I started driving all over the country to tournaments.
i see said the blind man. guess snyder DID get a raquetball partner afterall... :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:31 pm

yeah but the Rumor goes that DS needs to win the racquetball games...

... can you see Gibbs letting him?

Besides, My Cousin Vinny will be reduced to a basically scouting/racquetball partner role this season and will have lots more free time to whack a ball or two with Snyder.

:shock:

:-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:12 pm

hailskins666 wrote:
i see said the blind man. guess snyder DID get a raquetball partner afterall... :lol:

LOL ROTFALMAO
Robert :D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football