Name that section!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

What you think would be the best name for this new section?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:13 pm

The Pork Bowl
25%
The Pig Pen
31%
Hog Tied
3%
Scrapple
41%

Total votes : 32
Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:33 am

DESkins wrote:
Scrapple is too closely tied to Philthydelphia for my liking.

I agree! Don't want to be confused with those Philthy Phans in any way, shape or forum!!! :thump: :thump: :thump:

And truthfully, the whole scrapple thing and it's meaning raise seriously disgusting images in my vegetarian mind. YUCK! :puke: SCRAPPLE

C'mon Pork Bowl! We won't make the SuperBowl, but we can at least be at the Pork Bowl!

HTTR
tazlah
redskinsmiley

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:41 am

Gonna drum up some Scrapple for taz when she gets home... tell her it's veggie ground round.

ROTFALMAO

Caveman and a vegetarian... and they wonder if opposites attract...

Got a little scrapple present for ya later too...

:fart:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:43 am

Not sure if you’re going to declare winners but if you are how bout this... scrapple during to season….then Pork Bowl for the finals
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:47 am

gee I like that DE Hog... but we gotta claim a winner now after all of this.

Very diplomatic though, and I will definitely give it some thought. Don't wanna have to vote on the vote though.

:-)

Photo Hog

Postby tazlah » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:59 pm

BossHog wrote:
Got a little scrapple present for ya later too...
fart:

Hmmmm -- I'm NOT coming home!
:nana:

Go Pork Bowl, go Pork Bowl, go Pork Bowl <taz doing the CabbagePatch> \:D/

HTTR
tazlah
redskinsmiley [/quote]

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:13 pm

BossHog wrote:Don't wanna have to vote on the vote though.

:-)

haha... so, once you pick the winner, will the "games" begin right away? :P
Robert :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:22 pm

yeah I think i'm gonna give myself a day or two to do up a graphic and figure out how I'm gonna work it into the forum design so that the participants get some play. It'll also give the guys a couple of days to 'prepare' though I dunno how longthat'll take csince they're both already chomping at the bit.

Gonna just figure out a couple of guidelines, and a good day and time for it to happen. Obviously we want as many people here 'live' as possible to heckle and stuff. :twisted:

I was thinking that I'd actually create a separate forum for the event, and that way I can just move it around accordingly. Dunno though... we'll see. I was thinking Monday Nights would be a good time, but I have no idea.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:01 pm

BossHog wrote:Gonna just figure out a couple of guidelines, and a good day and time for it to happen. Obviously we want as many people here 'live' as possible to heckle and stuff. :twisted:

Oh yeah... that'll be a lot of the fun! :P

I'll be here whenever it is (unless something unusual comes up), even if I'm checking in from the road using my Treo 600 :D

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:56 pm

Mondays night...fill the void left by MNF
Are you ready for some SCRAPPLE...Bet Bochephus eats scrapple
Last edited by DEHog on Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Yeah I liked the MNF void filler too... was thinking 9:00pm ET too.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:05 pm

BossHog wrote:Yeah I liked the MNF void filler too... was thinking 9:00pm ET too.

That sounds like a great time to me :D I'm looking forward to seeing the official "rules" for these debates. I think there will be a lot of great participation. I know you've talked about a word limit... are you thinking of imposing a time limit as well, to keep things moving? (you may have already made that clear... if so, sorry :P )

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:13 pm

The problem with rules is that they will be hard to implement :-)

But i'm gonna set some guidelines and we're gonna probably have a dedicated board area, so you'll be able to heckle a guy if he's taking too long :rock:

I'll probably have to make it a non PG forum, and make it available to members only.

If you're wondering why boards are like that, it is because you agree to a disclaimer when you register that says you're above a certain age. That way either you're old enough to deal with the language or you're lying and I'm the least of your problems. :shock: But I've done my part to try and ensure that the board is PG to evryone publicly, but you guys can still 'let off steam' in the smack forum.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:14 pm

if memory serves correctly -drinking boss said it would be a word per post limit, not exactly a time limit.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:20 pm

as I said... they'll just have to be guidelines, but yeah we'll set a word count limit or a time limit or something.

It might take a dry run or two to smooth out some details, but I think it'll end up being a fun project... whatever we call it.

... just more good stuff from the noodle of the big guy who brings you all them Cheap Seats each week, my brother Wingman.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:26 pm

hailskins666 wrote:if memory serves correctly -drinking boss said it would be a word per post limit, not exactly a time limit.

That's what I had remembered... and then I started wondering what happens if somebody takes too long and we're all on the edge of our seats :P (but I don't think any of these people will be at a loss for words :lol: )

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football