Bailey Needs To Go!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Redskins4Life

Bailey Needs To Go!

Postby Redskins4Life » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:14 pm

Am I the only Redskin fan who thinks that Champ Bailey should not be resigned by Washington? Champ Bailey is the best damn cornerback in the game, BUT... He is an extremely negative influence on the whole team. All he does is complain about losing, and even said that free agents from other teams shouldn't want to sign with Washington because theyre losers. Maybe if he stopped discouraging his other teammates, the Skins woulda won more games this season. By not signing him, the Skins could pick up two first round picks, and sign a great FA corner like Charles Woodson, Shawn Springs, Samari Rolle, etc. As much as I would hate to lose Bailey, I say get rid of him for the sake of the team. LaVar Arrington said that he could never imagine himself in anything but a Redskins uniform, and that if the Skins didn't want to resign him, he'd imagine that he would retire. Bailey should take some notes.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:23 pm

ROTFALMAO

Nope, you're not alone... but we've had several 30 or 40 post threads on it already.

So many ion fact that it will be the topic of our first 'Face Off' or whatever we end up calling it... pork bowl... pig pen... check the new poll.

Here's some Champ threads for you...
Hog Wash

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=998

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Smack forum:
http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1220
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

swine

Postby whomp-em » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:26 pm

I don't remember reading about him openly bashing the team, but I do remember him being unhappy this year. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he's had 5 coaches in 5 years! And losing plays a big role in that too. Playing in DC for his entire career has been nothing but constant upheaval with no rewards. With Gibbs at the helm I would think his attitude would change. And if D. Green is the new d-backs coach that would probably help out tremendously also. All I know is that if I had a new boss every year that made me change the way I did my job I'd probably want to move to a less stressful place too.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:33 pm

No... actually, he whined about money all year.

From the start of camp, he started pining about his itty bitty contract.

He did openly bash the team on SEVERAL different occasions, and I'll be glad to dig a few up for you when I get a chance.

... but I'm sure you're right, he'd like to line up and get on the Gibbs bandwagon now too I bet.

HTTR

swine

Postby whomp-em » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:46 pm

I remember him not being happy with the money during negotiations, and I remember him saying he wanted to get paid because he was the best CB in the league, but I really don't remember him bashing the team. I'll take your word for it though... no sense in doing a bunch of work dredging up a bothersome subject. Nobody needs to be reminded of the Spurrier era :wink:

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:49 pm

BossHog wrote:... but I'm sure you're right, he'd like to line up and get on the Gibbs bandwagon now too I bet.

Yeah... he's been pretty quiet since the big news broke.

I wonder how much influence Darrell Green will have (on both sides... maybe he'll talk Champ into staying... or maybe he'll tell Gibbs/Snyder/Williams that Champ is overrated?)
Robert :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:55 pm

He's said a couple of things that were not really all that flattering, though admittedly, most things that came out of the Spurrier era weren't.

I think the concensus has largely been that everyone thinks he's a great player... just some aren't sure if he's worth more than 6 mil a year.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:29 pm

Listen, folks. There are whiney players that you can't tolerate due to being on the decline (i.e. Bruce Smith) and there are whiney players that play injured and watch other free agents come in to their OWN club making big money that was thrown at them.
Champ Bailey is part and parcel of any great secondary that we might hope to field the next few years. He's tight with Smoot, and he knows where and when to be.
Give him some money. Did anybody hear Woodson go after Callahan ? Give me a break !
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:45 pm

DEHog sits biting his lip
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:58 pm

DEHog sits biting his lip
:lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

---------

Postby redskins56 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:32 pm

Redskins4life.. I don't know how you could even say that if you call your self a true Redskins fan. He emodies everything that is the Washington Redskins. He is the longest Redskin of tenure, with Jon Jansen, both of whom have logged five seasons in burgundy and gold.

He has not once, ever, never, ever missed a game in his 5 seasons with the Skins. Whether the majority of the fans on this site will admit it or not he is going up against a team's opposing number one 7 or 8 plays out of ten. While Bailey is on TO, Smooty is on Tai Streets, and while Champion is on Joe Horn, Smooty is on Jerome Pathon, and while 24 is on Randy Moss, 21 is on Kelly Campbell. Do you get the picture yet?

The fact of the matter is, because for some reason you have built up some strange feeling on having Champ Bailey around, he is the top corner in our division. More than that, he is to a man, hands down, the number one cover corner in the game. Every person you put against him has been beat as many times, for more touchdown's. For you to say that Smooty deserves to go to the Pro Bowl more, is preposterous.

I adore Fred Smoot, and he too in my opinion is what the Skins are all about. He is gritty, never quits, doesn't shy away, and plays hurt. He and Champ both played when the majority of the players on the roster would be resting this season, and they should be commended for that. If you want to argue that he deserves an all madden, or courage award more, then you have a case. But when Champ's numbers at the corner are better, he has more tackles in the running game, and he is doing all of this on a weekly basis against our oppositions top wide out, than he deserves to go.

Charles Woodson had a horrible season, and peole say he is the closest thing to Champ Bailey, although personally I think Woodson is overrated. Chris McCallister down 95 has one good season, and everyone is quick to jump on his wagon and ride his but. Gimme a break. If you gave any Ravens coach the option of having McCallister or Bailey, they would take Champ in a heart beat.

He is a quallity person off of the field, signs autographs for fans, is a leader by example, and has never once gotten in trouble. We have a great role model, who is equally as brillaint on the field, and here you go saying he needs to go. I wish you could appreciate what we got..

You were prolly the guy on here the last few seasons saying. Davis needs to go. Brad Johnson should sit, let Jeff George play.

SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE THE PRECIOUS COMMIDITIES THAT THEY HAVE UNTIL THEY ARE GONE...

-Geepz

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:34 pm

LOL - I ain'ta saying nothing right now :)
Rich in Roanoke

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:54 pm

SHAWN SPRINGS? HOW the hell would SHAWN SPRINGS be an adequate replacement? Granted Champ doesnt make the clutch interceptions like the holy #28 did but hes currently the best corner in the league and I would complain if I played on a crappy and unstable team for so many years. But now with Joe Gibbs he will shape up and learn what its like to play for a true winner. SHAWN SPRINGS? Come on

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:58 pm

No SFinRA, but i'm sure you're taking notes.

:-)

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:01 am

LOL - believe me I am bouncing in my chair not responding at the moment :)

I don't care whether or not I win the debate, I just have my opinions ::grin:: Wait til they get a load o' my state of the defense report I just sent ya :)
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football