Bailey Needs To Go!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
----

Postby HitDoctor » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:47 am

tcwest10 wrote:Listen, folks. There are whiney players that you can't tolerate due to being on the decline (i.e. Bruce Smith) and there are whiney players that play injured and watch other free agents come in to their OWN club making big money that was thrown at them.
Champ Bailey is part and parcel of any great secondary that we might hope to field the next few years. He's tight with Smoot, and he knows where and when to be.
Give him some money. Did anybody hear Woodson go after Callahan ? Give me a break !

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! Tell this guy what he's won!!
it is what it is

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:23 pm

I hope it's Season Tickets. I've watched the boys at the Meadowlands and at the Vet, where I once had my eyebrow opened up by a glass mug.
Mug had a San Diego Chargers logo on it.
Go figure ?
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:26 pm

LOL - the meadowlands - the bermuda triangle of football
Rich in Roanoke

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:26 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:LOL - the meadowlands - the bermuda triangle of football

For sure, it was a "No-Fly Zone" this year. I get so tired of this crap. I live in New York, and am a Yankees fan. ( sincerely hate the Giants) It just seems like, every year, every NY team is "destined" to go to the championship of its respective sport. When they ultimately do not, the whole state collapses and starts pointing fingers and spending money.

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:50 pm

Redskins56... I agree with you in the aspect that Champ Bailey is much better than Fred Smoot. Hell, hes better than anyone else in the league. But the fact of the matter is that Bailey is sick of being a Washington Redskin. Don't ask me why, but its the truth. I would be crushed to see Champ go, but if hes not gonna play like hes a Redskin at heart, then forget him.

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:51 pm

Hey Big Carter28, Shawn Springs is a great cornerback regardless of what you think. Hes big, strong, fast, and can flat out cover recievers. End of Discussion.

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:04 pm

Redskins4Life wrote:Hey Big Carter28, Shawn Springs is a great cornerback regardless of what you think. Hes big, strong, fast, and can flat out cover recievers. End of Discussion.

But is he better than Champ?

I agree that we want players who have heart but I don't think Champ is without heart, he's just so full of frustration that he doesn't want to deal with another coaching change. However, as has been said many times, I think Gibbs' arrival might be enough for Champ to give in to the already-egregious contract offer. No one should make that kind of money but I guess if they're going to give it out to cornerbacks, Champ should get it!

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:19 pm

P.Summers... Shawn Springs is no Champ Bailey but who is? The fact is, Champs heart is where the money is. Springs would be a more than good replacement, and would cost millions less than Champ. And Springs isnt the only possible replacement. Theres a guy in Oakland who goes by Charles Woodson, and a guy in Tennessee named Samari Rolle, all in Free Agency this year. And don't forget about those two veteran pro bowl corners in Philly.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:27 pm

Champ deserves all the money in the world, just not with the "Washington Redskins"
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm

Redskins4Life wrote:P.Summers... Shawn Springs is no Champ Bailey but who is? The fact is, Champs heart is where the money is. Springs would be a more than good replacement, and would cost millions less than Champ. And Springs isnt the only possible replacement. Theres a guy in Oakland who goes by Charles Woodson, and a guy in Tennessee named Samari Rolle, all in Free Agency this year. And don't forget about those two veteran pro bowl corners in Philly.

I don't know that Springs would take less money. He said he'd go where Ray Rhodes went, but the money must be a consideration at this stage in his career. I can't blame Champ for not being a Redskin at heart, because over the past eleven years, "being a Redskin" has not been what it used to be. Oh, you and I have always been Redskins at heart, but we're not playing, are we ? (At least, I'm not. YOU could be in much better shape than I am :D ) Joe Gibbs will bring us back from the edge of replacing the Cards and Bengals as the laughingstock of the league. Let's see what xChamp says when he sees the promise of a new day ! Let him talk to Darrell, who may or may not coach, but is still a mentor. Champ is sick of losing, guys ! If he's gonna be on a perrenial loser of a team, why not get paid like the big boys, and have something to point to when they rib him at the Pro Bowl ? Please, let's see how this all pans out. If Champ still doesn't like things in two months, then I'll join you all and call him a Prima Donna. Let Joe have a chance to show Champ what it REALLY means to be a "Redskin at Heart". Norval, Terry, Marty and Steve had no idea of that concept. Joe does. Let's give him a chance !

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football