Coles Replaces Moss in Pro Bowl

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Coles Replaces Moss in Pro Bowl

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:23 pm

Laveranues Coles will replace Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss in the Pro Bowl. Way to go Laveranues! You, Randy, and Smoot are the only ones who deserved this and you will be the only one playing. I guess Coles should play on a bum foot all the time! :D ROTFALMAO
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

put AM in the HOF

Re: Coles Replaces Moss in Pro Bowl

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:33 pm

Jake wrote: You, Randy, and Smoot are the only ones who deserved this and you will be the only one playing.

Champ deserves to play, guys. Don't let him get away ! Smoot wouldn't be Smoot without Champ and Green ! Remember, Bailey always had the oppositions best receiver !
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:56 pm

Remember, Bailey always had the oppositions best receiver !
not last year. marvin would have none of that. and smoot held up just fine My 2 cents
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:03 pm

Fred Smoot deserved to go to the Pro Bowl much more than Champ Bailey this year. Champ got beat on several occasions, while Smoot played solid consistently and played through a concussion. The mans got heart, and he played like a pro bowler.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:05 pm

The mans got heart,
definantly a gibbs type player.
THN's resident jerk.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:20 pm

I meant Randy, Coles, and Smoot deserved to go to the Pro Bowl. Champ didn't. Smoot still improved a lot and Bailey tried too hard to impress other teams to worry about what he was doing. Champ still had a bad year. No matter who he faced, bad year.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:36 pm

Bailey tried too hard to impress other teams to worry about what he was doing.
he did look like he was auditioning for something all season :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:28 pm

Awwww, crap. Smoot handled the oppositions next-best, Bailey played through everything that hurt. That shows heart, boys. So what if it was an audition ? Show him the money they showed Woodson, and we'll have more of the same under his new coach, Darrell Green !

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:03 pm

Smoot handled the oppositions next-best, Bailey played through everything that hurt.
smoot had bigger injuries than did champ this season.
Show him the money they showed Woodson, and we'll have more of the same under his new coach
the cap won't allow us to "break the bank" on one more guy. i don't doubt bailey's on feild performance, but i do doubt 6 plus mil a year. he says, and i quote bailey here, "if moss gets 18 mil to sign, he should get 18 mil signing bonus to cover him"...... only problem is that bailey couldn't cover randy moss.... no one can.
BTW tcwest, nice sig. monk does deserve to be in the hall
THN's resident jerk.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:15 pm

Champ deserves to play, guys.

No disrespect tcwest...but were you watchin' the same player I was all year.

Champ got beat over an over again. He was NOT the #1 CB on the Redskins this past year! Smoot was. Smoot should've gone to the Pro Bowl in Champ's stead.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

smoot passes baily

Postby doroshjt » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:18 am

I think this year was a turning year for smoot. He stepped up his game and I think Champ took his game down a notch. I remember watching in past years thinking boy smoot gets beat alot. This year I was think, gosh, Champ gets beat alot, smoot isn't. I think the fact that Champ thinks he's the best corner in the league is a bad thing. He thinks he deserves that money when he didn't show me that he earned it. How did he cut his face and get a concussion, oh yeah, he got burned.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:12 am

Toast, anyone...??? 8)
<~~~~~Runs with scissors X
(_E=mc2_)

“This is where I'm most comfortable, ... This is my life, where I work. I'm definitely glad to be back.” #21

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:51 am

Justice Hog wrote:
Champ deserves to play, guys.

No disrespect tcwest...but were you watchin' the same player I was all year.

Champ got beat over an over again. He was NOT the #1 CB on the Redskins this past year! Smoot was. Smoot should've gone to the Pro Bowl in Champ's stead.

You may disrespect me or not, in any way you choose. You are a Redskins fan, same as I am. Were you a Dallas fan, I'd take umbrage. I simply feel that Champ was starting to run on empty with all the tumult and coaching changes. What he DIDN'T do was turn on his teammates, or openly disrespect his coaches. I mean, don't we, as fans, turn on certain players when they ain't carrying their share of the load ? Don't we sit on High and judge coaches ? We aren't out there, bruised sternums (Smoot), broken feet (Coles and Patrick), gimpy legs (take your pick !) A slight attitude can be expected, IMHO. That's all I'm saying. Pound for Pound, I'd rather have Champ back. I don't want somebody elses headache. Woodson ? Springs ? No, thanks.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:00 pm

tcwest, i don't want woodson either. but there are a lot of blue collar corners out there. i think williams is gonna have to make that decision. do we want to be good from front to back, or back to front. i personally favor a monster line, rather than that secondary. john fox said something very interesting this past weekend......"in my opinion, the best pass defense is a good pass rush". i can't argue that, cuz look were the panthers are right now. both their corners are sub par, but they don't deal with a lot of presure because that D line dosen't give opposing qb's anytime to throw. i think champ is a good solid corner, but we can't keep shelling out all these monster contacts under the cap.(arrington, coles, trotter etc)
BTW i like the addition in your sig too..... flock dr. z
THN's resident jerk.

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:06 pm

Congrats to Coles, I wish we could clone his character and work ethic for the other 52 roster spots!! Gibbs is just going to love him.
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football