Good News!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Good News!

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:59 pm

My boy Gibby isn't going anywhere! (At least according to Michael and Jurgenson). The Post has been writing that Gibran Hamdan will most likely be cut but Michael and Jurgenson said they are terribly wrong. They also stated what profootballweekly.com reported a week or two ago: he's probably going to NFL Europe. I got to know Gibby and his brother and him and Bush have gotten to know me. It would have been really sad and disappointing to see him go. I am going to be watching NFL Europe (as I do every Spring/Summer). I will be rooting for him like I was rooting for my boy Robert Gillespie, Justin Skaggs, and Akil Smith. Good luck Gibby. :rock: :celebrate:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:13 pm

I'm glad to see him coming back too... he's a good project and has a cannon for an arm. His attitude is awesome too.

I got a chance to talk to Bush at camp as well... he was a really good kid... very well spoken.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:04 pm

Hey, I'm all for the underhog, but Joe likes to have some seniority at QB, and I can't see him getting rid of Hasselbeck. Makes no sense. No disrespect to Sonny, because I'm not worthy of even talking to somebody who once knew a cousin of somebody who once lived next door to somebody who listened to Sonny on the radio, to say the least. Gibran is the weakest link, isn't he ?
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:11 pm

No disrespect to Sonny, because I'm not worthy of even talking to somebody who once knew a cousin of somebody who once lived next door to somebody who listened to Sonny on the radio, to say the least.
:lol:
Gibran is the weakest link, isn't he ?
he is. but a trip to europe never hurt anyone. could make all the difference in the world. besides, he never got a chance to prove anything. should definantly be brought to camp to vie for a spot on the roster. he's earned that by putting up with being on the practice squad for almost an entire year.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:25 pm

I can see him being the fourth or fifth QB on the roster, but not anything more - sorry Jake.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:55 pm

I don't think that's true Rich... we'll either bring in two guys and get rid of Hamdan, or he'll be the #3 guy. Part of Gibbs learning curve will be figuring out which guys are just good value for the cap number they represent. Hamdan certainly has that going for him.

I think Gibbs will bring in another veteran.

Whether or not we bring back Hasselbeck, hamdan and that veteran remains to be seen.

But Hamdan is good for a third QB... cheap, young... great arm... and very, very intelligent. Joe will like that. He's also very humble and knows his place, Joe will like that too. And he's a local boy to boot.

I think there's a good chance hamdan will be on the squad next year.

Hass is a good project too, and equally respectable as a 3rd, but I don't think he has the arm to make Gibbs invite him back.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football