Kudos to Joe Gibbs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

Kudos to Joe Gibbs

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:52 pm

I just want to throw out some "props" to Joe Gibbs for being ballsy enough to come back and coach the Redskins.

Let's face it, the guy was and is a legend. If he does well in D.C. again, his legend will continue. If he doesn't do well, some will likely argue that his legend may fade somewhat.

Regardless of those nay-sayers out there.....I am just impressed that Joe is putting it all on the line to bring the winning tradition back to D.C.!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Re: Kudos to Joe Gibbs

Postby Robert K. » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:05 pm

Justice Hog wrote:I just want to throw out some "props" to Joe Gibbs for being ballsy enough to come back and coach the Redskins.

Let's face it, the guy was and is a legend. If he does well in D.C. again, his legend will continue. If he doesn't do well, some will likely argue that his legend may fade somewhat.

Regardless of those nay-sayers out there.....I am just impressed that Joe is putting it all on the line to bring the winning tradition back to D.C.!

I do think he has more to lose than to gain, as far as the "legend" status goes (he left with 3 rings, 4 SB appearances, and then went and dominated a completely different sport... he didn't have anything to prove to anyone, other than himself).

I think he's being very sincere in everything he's saying about why he's coming back. Regardless of how this all goes down, I think he'll finish it without any regrets... because he'll be able to look in the mirror and know he gave it everything he had.

Which is why I honestly can't see any way that this won't be a successful comeback... and he deserves a ton of praise from 'Skins fans for taking on this challenge at a time when we were all starting to wonder if it would EVER turn back around :)
Robert :D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football