Relax, this will be a good off-season

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~

Relax, this will be a good off-season

Postby ANT7088 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:57 pm

Everyone should stop stressing. This is how I look at it, by the time the draft comes there is going to be some good RB's & good Dl guys available for us. When free-agency comes around there is going to be good RB's & good DL guys available for us. So whether we fix our problems through the draft or free-agency, with Joe Gibbs as our coach & with Dan Snyders bank account, this is going to be a very easy off-season and we will fix our problems fast. If we don't get Kevin Jones in the draft them I'm almost positive we'll get Corey Dillion, if we don't get Will Smith in the draft then I'm positive we'll get Jevon Kearse (or John Abraham) in free-agency, either way I'm going to trust Joe Gibbs (and even Dan Snyder) to get the best guys for the job. Snyder put a good core together, now Gibbs can build off it.
AnTsSkInZ

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:00 pm

Corey Dillon is 30 and overpaid

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:09 pm

We should use the draft to fill the holes and not give out huge mercenary contracts to fa. If we continue down this path it will bite us in the arse!!!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:29 pm

HOW CAN ANYONE RELAX?

Joe Gibbs is back in town!!

I agree though, no need to sweat the details with the man around.

But don't relax.... let it build... sure it'll be tough, but when the season starts, you get to pop, and then enjoy a season like you haven't since...oh.... about... 1992.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:00 pm

I don't think the debate revolves around whether it will get fixed or not but rather on how and by what paths these fixes will come. Should be get Corey Dillon in FA? Or Kevin Jones in the draft? Is TE a priority? If so, is Kellen Winslow a good option? So many questions, so many options... the only thing we do know is, as BossHog already stated, is that next season is going to be AWESOME!

Let the discussions rage...
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:08 pm

I agree. No "hired guns". No Sapps, Freaks, temporary plug-ins (i.e. Bruce Smith). Also, no more Flemister. I like kk's idea about bringing Rasby back in. He'd fit well, and doesn't demand the ball.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

---------

Postby redskins56 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:37 pm

In the past, it has been as if we go out like a fantasy football owner and buy the services of whatever player we want.

This season, with savior Gibbs back in town, there will be a method to our madness, and making additions will be part of a meticulous process in an effort to get things on the right track.

We aren't going to splurge any longer on players that won't pan out. We will still splurge, but this time, it will be on essential commoditites.

-Geepz

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:39 pm

yeah a pass rush

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:53 pm

No to Corey Dillion, he is another whinner when things don't go his way, plus he is going down hill and probably want's to much money

JohnnyRIGGO

kevin jones is not a #5 overall pick!!

Postby JohnnyRIGGO » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:37 pm

First of all, 5th overall picks don't grow on trees!!! Look at our last top 10 picks...Chris Samuels, Lavar, and Champ...Kevin Jones is not in that company. If we want a somewhat veteran FA at any position its RB. Duce Staley wouldn't be a bad pickup nor would Dillon. I think we either need to draft Vince Wilfork or Kinechi Udeze to help bolster our line. Also, Sean Taylor (FS) out of Miami would be a great pickup for us. I thought Bowen dissappointed last year, and Taylor is going to be the best FS in the league in a year or two. Any of those three would be a well-needed acquisition. Respond

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:03 pm

redskins56 wrote:This season, with savior Gibbs back in town, there will be a method to our madness, and making additions will be part of a meticulous process in an effort to get things on the right track.

Yes... and what a refreshing change that will be. The current season isn't even over yet and the 'Skins have already made all of the "big name" off season acquisitions they need (Coach Joe!). Other than for those of us that follow them closely, the 'Skins probably won't do much (player wise) that makes big national news.
Robert :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:32 pm

Duce staley is at the top of my RB list... may not be quite as good as Dillon, but he'll cost about 1/3 as much.

Love Wilfork and Taylor too... and I'm no Hurricane fan.

I hope Wilfork has a lousy combine and people are stupid enough to drop his draft stock a little... then he'd be close to our second round pick.

I hope we get someone like Staley, so we have enough to win the Kearse sweepstakes. Can't likely have Dillon and Kearse.

Joe's#1Fan

i would go thru the draft with a few

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:33 pm

just my way of thinking but knowing how gibbs likes to find guys thru the draft-he would go that route in offense and the free agent market on dl with a few dl thru free agency.,or maybe some secondary people. the te position i would look at both free agency and the draft (moreso the draft for rb and te. i,m on with what you all are saying.
about corey dillon
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Redskins4Life

Postby Redskins4Life » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:40 pm

Johnny RIGGO wrote:Also, Sean Taylor (FS) out of Miami would be a great pickup for us. I thought Bowen dissappointed last year, and Taylor is going to be the best FS in the league in a year or two. I agree with you man. I envision Taylor as a young Ronnie Lott, and the only good player from the hated Cowboys, Roy Williams. I'm not sure how this can happen, but i'm hoping that the Skins can pick up Sean Taylor, Kevin Jones, and Vince Wilfork. The thought of getting those three in one draft makes you wanna drool.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:48 pm

Well I can tell you how it could happen, but I don't want people thinking that I'm saying that it will happen...

Franchise Champ and have the Lions claim him and up the compensation (actually not that far fetched considering there have been many rumors about him going to play with his bro Boss)

That'd give us #5, and #6 in the draft, and surely allow Jones and Taylor to be selected. Then, like I said in another thread, hope Wilfork has a bad combine and drops a little... that's all it'll take to make him available with #5 of round 2.

So there's your 'unlikely' scenario to make it happen.

But it never will... we wouldn't have the cap money to sign a #5 and a #6.

But hey some guy named Gibbs just came cack to coach the Skins, so you really can't ever say 'never'.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football