Hall Of Fame Class of 2004 Candidate

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
put AM in the HOF

Hall Of Fame Class of 2004 Candidate

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:22 pm

Okay, boys...quick !
Which Washington Redskin :
A.) Was selected to the Pro Bowl three years ('84, '85, '86) Straight ?
B.) Had 940 receptions in 224 games played ?
C.) Had 12,721 receiving yards with an average of 13.5 per reception ?
D.) Placed consistently in the Top Ten receivers in the NFL from '84-'91 in receptions, receiving yards and receiving TD's ?
E.) Had 68 receiving touchdowns
F.) Ten years after his last game, is still: #5 all time in receptions, #9 in receiving yards, #28 in receiving td's and #26 in yards from scrimmage ?
G.) Always took the hard, over the middle work and put the team first by blocking like no other receiver
H.) Declined interviews to avoid drawing attention to himself
I.) (There was no "I" for this guy, so onto...)
J.) Can't get into the HOF to save his life ?
If you guessed James Arthur Monk, you win ! There is no conceivable reason to keep him from joining the other greats of our real "National Pastime", and immortalizing him by placing his bust in Canton. Paul Zimmerman, the famed "Dr. Z" of Sports Illustrated, has condemned Art's work because Art wasn't flashy enough. This man, this person whose main claim to fame was going a few rounds in a boxing ring with a drunken author named Hemingway, says "Not enough downfield action for Art" as a main reason to block his induction with his vote. I personally think Hemingway got the best head shots in during THAT match, because this man is clearly brain-damaged. I want you, my brothers, to do as I have done, and inundate this man with emails at his SI column. If I have not incited you enough, I have one more thing to say. Dr. Z considers Micheal Irvin a viable candidate.
Go get 'em ! Unleash the hogs ! "Art Gallery", dust off your arrows, and get Monk in !
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:37 pm

If I have not incited you enough, I have one more thing to say. Dr. Z considers Micheal Irvin a viable candidate
mrs z must smoke crack too. :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:42 pm

hailskins666 wrote:
If I have not incited you enough, I have one more thing to say. Dr. Z considers Micheal Irvin a viable candidate
mrs z must smoke crack too. :lol:

Of this, I have no idea. AT his SI mailbag site, though, he always spends about twenty minutes on vineyards and vintages that he prefers, much like Peter King and his frickin' coffee. Maybe he's a drunk. He calls his wife the "Flaming Redhead". I call him the "Flaming Idiot".

MEZZSKIN

Postby MEZZSKIN » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:46 pm

I GAVE THAT CRACKHEAD A PIECE OF MY MIND ....I ENCOURAGE ALL TO GO SI.COM AND UNLEASH ON THIS BALD BARON OF IDIOCY

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:56 pm

MEZZSKIN wrote:BALD BARON OF IDIOCY

I HAVE to write this down somewhere. :D

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:08 pm

THATS PAUL Z'S NEW NAME ...THE BALD BARON OF IDIOCY....LOL

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:22 pm

There is no way it should be this hard for Art to get in the Hall of Fame. Look at the numbers he put up on a run oriented offense. It has taken so long because he is reserved and not a loudmouth like Irvin or Neon Peion!!!! It is like punishment to be a class act.
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

piglet

Postby davef » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:36 pm

It is sad how Art has been punished for being classy and decent as a human being... send him in to the Hall of Fame!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:04 am

Isn't that the truth...it seem we like the outspoken goys or the controversial guys....gimmmie Marvin Harrison anyday!!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:15 am

It's nut's that Monk isn't in yet and to put that Cowpie Irvin in the same breath is just plain silly the only stat he beat Art in was number of arrest. I don't think Art had any.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby doroshjt » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:44 am

Actually he's going with DREW PEARSON:

WIDEOUTS

Henry Ellard, Cliff Branch, Art Monk, Drew Pearson, Sterling Sharpe, Wesley Walker.

I had a lot of trouble with this bunch. They all had impressive numbers, and when I started comparing them ... years played, games missed, total catches, yards per reception, even percentage of passes caught for touchdowns ... I got dizzy. And then I broke it off and closed my eyes and asked myself, "Who do I see making the biggest plays in the biggest games?" Sort of the Lynn Swann approach. Quality over quantity. And what came back to me was something that surprised me, since I never rooted for him because I didn't like his team -- in fact, he used to upset me no end because he did such damage to clubs I was pulling for. And that individual is ... the envelope please ... the only one who will represent this fine group on my ballot -- No. 88 for the Dallas Cowboys, Drew Pearson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/w ... index.html

Hog

Postby doroshjt » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:59 am

Drew VS Art

Drew Career: 10 years
Rec Yds Avg TD
489 7822 16 48

Art Career: 15 years
Rec Yds Avg TD
940 12721 13.5 68

Art Kicks his ass and think the last two years he should have retired instead of going to the eagles.

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:42 am

I forgot that Monk spent his last two season wearing other than the burgundy and gold... what a bummer!
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:36 pm

While he was a Jet, he said, "I'll always be a Redskin". While he was an Eagle, he refused to sign until the Washington series was done with. He is a true Redskin, through and through.
If anybody here was watching his very last game, he ran a post out for a pass, made the catch, hit the turf and broke his arm.
Did he lose the ball ?
Hell, no. This is Monk we're talking about.
No Cowboy fan belongs in this post. F**k Pearson. This is Monk's post.
You wanna argue that ? Go to the Smack Talk, where you can get the real low down, in real time.
You must be "Jimmy", the guy checking Z's mail.

Hog

Postby doroshjt » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:06 am

tcwest

if you look, that was a quote from DR. Z not something I wrote. I was arguing for monk over pearson. See the post where I post the stats. I don't think pearson is better then monk any in any way shape or form.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football