Eagles Rivalry

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Eagles Rivalry

Postby doroshjt » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:18 am

Back in JG's old days, the dallas rivalry was the greatest rivalry in sports. I don't think thats true anymore, especially with them beating us so many times the last several years. I think now as a redskins fan, I get more geared up for eagle games. Their fans are what gets me fired up more then either of the teams. To me the all out hatred of a team is aimed at philly more then dallas. Anyone else?

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:28 am

Yes the gap has closed alot...Now that I live in beagles country it even worst...but for my money Skins vs. Boys is one of sports greatest rivalries.
It's like Red Sox/Yankees Celtics/Lakers
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:33 am

For Me it's still Redskins vs Cowpies, but I hate the Eagles and Gnat's almost as much.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:04 am

I agree, Redksins - 'Boys gets me really fired up, no matter how meaningless the game has tended to be over the past few years. Eagles and Giants games are pretty crazy as well but even if both teams are 0 - 15 going into the game, I get pretty worked up for a matchup against the Cowboys!
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

piggie

Postby noshirtforyou » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:05 am

I hate the pigeons worse than the cowboys as well, since I live in pigeon country..can't wait to have my avatar as an eagle with a spearhead through it :lol:

piglet

Postby SkinsfaninNJ » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:16 am

Noshirtforyou I feel your pain brother. Living here in Beagles country really sucks. The local news has been dedicating tons of time covering the damn beagles. Plus the local channels have been having specials every night on them. I am so sick of hearing all this crap. They did the same stuff last year only to be disappointed when their team lost in the NFC championship game. The fans up here are all pumping their chests out now. I surely hope Stephen Davis is healthy and runs all over the chumps. GO PANTHERS!!!!

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:24 am

Nothing could be worse than living in Patriots country... I've been avoiding going to lunch with the guys I usually sit with b/c I'm so sick of hearing about the stupid "Pats". Whenever they get up in my face about the Skins, I reply with 20 - 17 and three rings! It's weak but after this season, it's about all I have!
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

Hog

Postby skins75 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:07 am

I know this doesnt carry much weight but ask your Pat fan friends who is the last team they lost to. I have the Colts going all the way from here on out.

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:19 am

That's what I was referring to with "20 - 17". However, I would give up that win to be in the position they're in. Oh well, next year! That's the best part about Gibbs' return, "wait until next year" actually means something. We didn't get just any coach, we got THE coach. What a great feeling!

piglet

Postby SkinsfaninNJ » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:22 am

[quote="psummersjr"]Nothing could be worse than living in Patriots country...

Except for being married to a Patriots fan. Of course I gave my wife a hard time when the Skins beat them earlier in the year but now she is getting here shots in on man. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I could be married to an Beagles or Cowgirls fan.

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:31 am

I date a Pats fan... well, a fairweather Pats fan. She likes to rub in the Skins' lack of success, even though the only thing she knows about the Pats is that they've won a lot this year and Tom Brady is "hot".

piggie

Postby tnathan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:45 am

noshirtforyou, skinsfaninnj,
i feel for both of you. i went to high school in eagles territory, and several of the friends i made in college also happened to be from that area. i have to hear about the eagles all the time, and watch with rage as they step all over my skins. i hate dallas as much as the next guy, but these last few years i've come to hate the eagles even more. there's a difference, though. the dallas rivalry is one of principle. i hate them because they're evil and wrong and bad. i hate the eagles because the eagles are, well, good and are the darlings of the nfl. go you panthers!
"rarely does a man have greater heroes than the champions of his youth."

-mike wilbon

go you nats

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:55 am

When they were in the NFC East, the only team in our division that I didn't consider inherently evil were the Cardinals. Now that they're gone, I consider all teams in the NFC East completely evil at the core of their existence. Now, their evil is graded... obviously, the Cowboys are the most evil, and Jerry Jones is the evil emperor. After that, I would have to put the Giants and then the Eagles as the least evil. I would say Parcells is Darth Vader... and Gibbs is Obi One and the Skins quarterback under him Luke Skywalker!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:30 am

Nothing tops the Redskins-Cowboys match-up for me.

Regarding the Eagles, I really don't hate the Eagles "the team". I just absolutely hate their stinkin' fans!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

----

Postby HitDoctor » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:36 am

SkinsfaninNJ wrote:
psummersjr wrote:Nothing could be worse than living in Patriots country...

Except for being married to a Patriots fan. Of course I gave my wife a hard time when the Skins beat them earlier in the year but now she is getting here shots in on man. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I could be married to an Beagles or Cowgirls fan.

Divorce her.
it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football