Tim Hasselbeck

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:33 pm

NewsHog- Good to see you again, brother.

As far as the criticism of Rob Johnson, I too was left scratching my head with that signing but I wrote it off as maybe I misread Johnson. As it turned out, I didnt. He has a noodle arm, happy feet and poor field vision. Any one of those three are serious liabilities for a QB and he had them all.

I think Hasselbeck showed enough that he should be given the opportunity to fight for one of the backup spots. His success came with a watered down playbook that I would loved to seen been offered to Ramsey. It will be refreshing to see Ramsey get to the line this season with more than 3 seconds and not have to call so many audibles that it looked like he was landing aircraft at Dulles.

I do beleive that Coach will bring in a vet to backup Ramsey. That is what real coaches do, not cut them and carry just two. I would love to have seen Hamdan more. According to the BossHog he looked strong in camp.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:49 pm

Again, and no disrespect to either you or BossHog, Spurrier had no confidence that this guy could stand in and do the J.O.B.
Maybe that was because Spurrier's system was very, very stupid. Maybe it was because SOS saw that this guy could do the job someday, but that day wasn't it.
Either way, he went with Hasselbeck, and Hasselbeck did not disappoint.
Let's see what Joe thinks first.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:07 pm

Let's remember that TH had a 0.00 rating, the worst that anyone could have, yes he did have a good game or two, but and I do remember very well that there was a poll that had said, do we have a qb conflict, before he went for the big goose egg. The one game he needed to step up and prove himself to all Redskin Nation he comes up with a zero percentage, I don't want him around, that is why he has been cut by every other team in this league, face it, nobody has kept him around, Spurrier wanted to try to ride the white stallion out of DC by having him win a game or two, and then we played Dallass which made Tim Hasselback play like I don't know Tim Hasselback, guess what the Old Ball Coach Resigns. The only difference between T hasselback and M Hasselback is that M talks smack and gets his A!! handed to him in front of National TV, T hasselback doesn't talk smack, but he does get hammered in the biggest game of his career.

I know I can't blame him for all the mistakes, but he is not a good choice for a backup, if anything, we should keep him around for about 13.50 an hour to throw to are receivers in practice. I do have to give him some credit, he scored huge points by getting married to Elizabeth from Survivor, I don't know how he pulled that one off, he must have text messaged someone to answer the final question on the show, to win a date with the finalist. Tim if you are reading, quit now and take your money the Dan has paid you and live happily ever after, before you get your grill busted in.
Marc

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:01 pm

wow doeslammer, that was DEEP
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:38 pm

Sorry I snapped but, with Gibbs here, I don't want to see anymore maybes, or lets take a chance and if it works out I am great and if it doesn't I will resign, that is what SOS did and I can't handle another losing season and listening to my cowpuke buddy give it to me again, he already is trying to rain on my parade with the signining of Gibbs, he asked me if I heard that Riggins is now are running back and Theisman is the new quaterback, I finally want to say to him, you owe me money this year for both of your losses and yes we are the division champs,

I CAN'T HANDLE ANOTHER LOSING SEASON, I have been I life long fan, I am 30 years old, I watched Gibbs in the 3 superbowls he won and I know he won't make stupid player choices, just heard on the news that he is starting tomorrow to go over every player and see who deserves to be here and who doesn't. Keep Hasselback as the number 3 spot at the most. But the thing I watched last year was that when the team and all the fans needed him to play his a>> off and prove himself, he made the stupiest plays of his career and landed the worst and most imberressing stat of all 0.00.

Thanks God Gibbs is back, I can no go to bed half sober, I can wake up Monday Morning and feel good about talking smack on other teams, I won't have to say, well if we did this or if we didn't let them drive down the field with 20 seconds left and walk right into the freaking endzone to win the game. And finally this new season I will be able to say, and what place is your team. I need to get some sleep, been up since 5:30 am. Good Night Now Redskin Nation, talk with you tomorrow.
Marc

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football