Just consider for a moment...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Just consider for a moment...

Postby DESkins » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:53 am

Consider this for a moment! I live in Delaware, and in the Philthydelphia TV market area, so usually I am only able to follow the Redskins games when they play the "Giggles" or by watching the updates during the games while I am rooting for anybody BUT the "giggles" (unless it's Dallas week, when I turn to watch the AFC game). Right now the "giggles" are readying for the NFC Championship game, so of course the main topic at the office SHOULD be the "giggles"s chances against Carolina, right? WRONG!!! All this past week, and almost every day since St. Joe made it official, the topic has been how improved the 'Skins will be next season, how lucky we are to have him back, and a few predictions of SB rings within 3 years.

Anybody else think that A) there are a lot of people suddenly very nervous about playing the 'Skins again; or B) that St. Joe's return isn't the biggest sports story of the year?

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:57 am

I agree with A and B.

Look.... I got the ENTIRE press conference even up here in Canada.

I can't tell you what an oddity that is. I'm lucky if i can catch 20 minutes of football coverage through the week of a football season, let alone a press conference to announce the arrival of a new coach.

Together, DS and JG sent a shockwave around the world... and without really trying, they instantly accomplished the most important need to fixing this franchise's problems... credibility.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:28 am

Hey DESkins, since I've got your back, I dealt the Philthadelphia coverage by getting DirecTV-NFL Sunday Ticket. Before that, I just hit the bars every Sunday so I could watch the game.

I no longer have Sunday Ticket because (1) they changed to a really sucky format that screws the fans; and (2) I'll be at all of the home games next year.

However, if the Skins aren't televised in a given week....hit the BARS!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby skins75 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:48 am

Hitting the bars has helped me through a few miserable seasons. But, why am I thinking about that right now...HAPPY TIMES are here again.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:49 am

Justice Hog wrote:Hey DESkins, since I've got your back, I dealt the Philthadelphia coverage by getting DirecTV-NFL Sunday Ticket. Before that, I just hit the bars every Sunday so I could watch the game.

I no longer have Sunday Ticket because (1) they changed to a really sucky format that screws the fans; and (2) I'll be at all of the home games next year.

However, if the Skins aren't televised in a given week....hit the BARS!!!

I have the Sunday ticket at home, what format are you talking about?
it is what it is

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:53 am

Or you come with JH and me to the stadium and tailgate and watch the game on TV in the parking lot??? :lol:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

swine

Postby whomp-em » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:40 pm

skins75 wrote:Hitting the bars has helped me through a few miserable seasons. But, why am I thinking about that right now...HAPPY TIMES are here again.

Now you can hit the bars to celebrate!

Hog

Postby DESkins » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:19 am

As much as I would love to do the bars or the tailgating at the stadium, I work on Sundays and until I can figure out a way to get a sattelite dish up at work, I'm pretty much SOL as far as the games. That being said, I'm working on my wife, trying to get sattelite dish for the Team Ticket, and then set the VCR to record the games, and leave strict instructions that I am NOT to be told anything about the games until after I've had a chance to see them.
R.I.P. Andrew McDonough 9/3/92 - 7/14/07. Love & miss you, #20.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football