Bruuuce a coach???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Joe's#1Fan

this the way i see it

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:34 am

tcwest10 wrote:Why, though, Gibbsfan ? (And I really like your screen name, friend.) Why not have an experienced DE around as an assistant ?

he fits better in buffalo although you make sense there,espc the way things are with the league policies :D
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

swine

Postby skinsNut » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:13 am

Bruce Smith...

... he especially isn't allowed on the bandwagon.

... he didn't want to be a Redskin the last couple of years here, why the he!! would we let him influence young Redskins? So what if Gibbs would solve that... BS doesn't deserve even the consideration.

He never left Buffalo in his heart... I'm sure they'll love to have him back.

And good riddance I say.
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:02 pm

If DG does come back to coach the DB's do you think, Champ will give him the respect and listen to what DG says, I think Smoot will but not to sure on Champ, just wanted your opions.
Marc

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:33 pm

Ever since his crying to the owner and his public display of selfishness, I really have no use for that has been!! If 92 would have played that long he would have recorded four hundred sacks!!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Hog

Postby newshog » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:11 pm

I would really love to see DG roaming the sidelines in burgundy and gold again. I think he would be an awesome assett to continue Champ and Smooooooot's development, not to mention any other d-backs that come in.

Not me--I don't think that Darrell has the day-to-day nose-to-the-grindstone passion that daily coaching requires. I could absolutely see him being a sort of goodwill ambassador from the team (as somebody or another mentioned), but not an actual coach. And frankly, I'm not sure he's got the temperament for coaching besides--if I had to guess, I think he doesn't really respond well to people not liking him, and players sometimes just flat out don't like their coaches.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:18 pm

kkryan wrote:Ever since his crying to the owner and his public display of selfishness, I really have no use for that has been!! If 92 would have played that long he would have recorded four hundred sacks!!!

Which 92 ? Dexter Nottage ? ('94-96) ? :lol:
Just kidding. I know you meant 72. The OTHER Dexter. Right ?
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:52 am

I don't know about Bruce either tcwest - and I have been watching him since his days at Virginia Tech.

His me first attitude bothers me and there are three very good examples of it since he has been with the Skins:

1. With Schottenheimer, he fussed the loudest of them all when the discipline hit - the discipline they all needed. He was always on the news questioning the rules, undercutting the coach - bad move - hurt the team.

2. This year, when the teams playing us enjoyed success running, it was off his side of the line for the largest part. Why? Bruce was so busy spinning to get to the QB (even on a 3rd and 1) that the RB usually went where Bruce wasn't - it was horrible to see. With the LBs playing so far off the ball, he opened up a gaping hole allowing the opposing backs to get a head of steam and good blocking downfield. The man was a menace.

3. He acted the spoiled brat - he was benched due to his lackluster play - Upshaw had shown that when he was in the opponents didn't get the success to that side of the line when running the ball because Upshaw is a more straightforward rusher - he would upset the run play simply by forcing the tackle back into it, stringing it out and allowing the LBs time to react. Bruce complaining about not getting the majority of the playing time took a player off the field that was doing some good for us and put his sorry non tackling non run playing butt on the field so he could get his record. Bad move for the team.

I don't want that attitude teaching the players, nor do I want that attitude in the locker room whispering or muttering where it could cause dissension. Just my opinion :)
Rich in Roanoke

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:21 am

Skin'sFan I completely agree with You. When BS was 1st signed I was very excited, but as the years went by and I saw how selfish BS was it turned me off forever. Congrats to Him for getting the record now shuffle on off to Buffalo.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:27 am

I may be wrong but it always appeared to me that Bruce always found some kind of excuse/reason to avoid participating in training camp, too.

In his later years, this guy was not a team leader!

If he's waiting for Gibbs to knock on his door, I hope he isn't holding his breath.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:18 pm

Okay, okay... I've been converted now.
I'm not sure whose post and link it was, where I was shown the exchange between Peppi Zellner and Smith. To me, that was the icing on that big, nasty cake.
Bruce no more belongs in Washington than, say, Emmitt belongs in Arizona. He needs to go home.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football