Grimm passed over

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Grimm passed over

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:07 pm

Well those of you that voted that Grimm wouldn't get the job were right. Chicago just hired Lovie Smith.

From the Post:

Bears Hire Lovie Smith

Wednesday, January 14, 2004; 6:08 PM

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- After turning around the St. Louis Rams' defense, Lovie Smith is taking on the Chicago Bears.

Smith was hired Wednesday as the Bears new head coach. He was given a four-year deal to replace Dick Jauron, who was fired Dec. 29.

Smith was to be officially introduced at a news conference Thursday, team spokesman Scott Hagel said.

Click here for the rest of the story.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:20 pm

Christ, Bosshog. DON'T DO THAT !
I thought you meant Grimm was dead.
Just kidding.
Maybe now, we'll have a shot at him. Cowher's never going to take Pittsburgh back to the glory days of the "Steel Curtain".
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Joe's#1Fan

i figured that was going to happen

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:24 pm

not quite qualified as a head coach yet
but ol coach i would consider him thats all. :roll:
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:26 pm

gibbsfan, I'd let him be the OC. Bugel has a lock on the OL, and I think Grimm himself would agree. :D

Joe's#1Fan

oc i would agree there as well

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:34 pm

tcwest10 wrote:gibbsfan, I'd let him be the OC. Bugel has a lock on the OL, and I think Grimm himself would agree. :D
8)
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

"As The World Turns"

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:39 pm

I think with Zampese, Bugel and Gibbs... the offense is in pretty good hands.

But if they brought in Russ to be the OC and gave those other guys whatever fancy titles, that'd be fine with me too.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:51 pm

It's been said that Joe and Joe would like to groom Russ to be the next HC of the Redskins. Who better to take over, under that tutelage than a Hog ? They seem to be trying to preserve the integrity of the team and tradition for the future. This is something we've been sorely missing !

in the Cheap Seats

Postby Wingman » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:18 pm

As much as I was pulling for Russ to get the job in Chi-town, I was against it. The deck is stacked against him in Chicago for it to be a successful first HC job. I will be honest, I was already picking out the Bears hat that I would buy if he got it. Just to support Russ, you know. Anyway, this may keep the door open for us to get him home but I look for Pittsburgh to offer him OC to try and keep him from leaving. Local media has reported that they (Steelers) will "do whatever they have to do to keep him in Pittsburgh". Now unless Russ is really loves Heinz ketchup, I cant see their front office beating the deal that our front office could put together should them go after him.
The Wingman in the Cheap Seats

"If you arent doing something to help the team, you are hurting it."

"No one rises to low expectations" -McQ

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:28 pm

Yes, wingman. I'm not especially clear on this, but I think Pittsburgh can still refuse Washington the opportunity to talk to Russ.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:22 pm

tcwest10 wrote:
Yes, wingman. I'm not especially clear on this, but I think Pittsburgh can still refuse Washington the opportunity to talk to Russ

yes they can, and by all indications, they will. I would like to have him here but it is very unlikely he will return here. :cry:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby DESkins » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:46 am

As long as he is still under contract with Pittsburgh they can deny the Redskins the opportunity to talk to him. Anyone know how much longer he has on his contract?
R.I.P. Andrew McDonough 9/3/92 - 7/14/07. Love & miss you, #20.

Joe's#1Fan

bigtime brain trust isn,t it.

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:48 am

BossHog wrote:I think with Zampese, Bugel and Gibbs... the offense is in pretty good hands.

But if they brought in Russ to be the OC and gave those other guys whatever fancy titles, that'd be fine with me too.

:D i couldn,t agree more with you ,but i would take a look at russ. the brain trust w/gibbs bugel and zampese i feel very good about that as well.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

"As The World Turns"

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:02 am

The Washington Post noted today that The Savior would prefer to delegate offensive coordinator responsibilities. Since neither Bugel nor anyone else in the current offensive braintrust has been given the OC title, The Savior might be saving it as a strategic move to get Grimm. Of course, Grimm might not want to return if he's just going to be overshadowed by Bugel, Zampese, etc... but who better for him to learn from. The more I think about it, getting Grimm is the absolute best idea for ensuring the second Gibbs era will not be followed by another Turner-Shott-Spurrier era! [/quote]
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

swine

Postby skinsNut » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:10 am

I think BH said that a few threads back.... funny how nobody has an official position yet when all of them are capable OC's.

Ya just gotta figure that has something to do with Grimm's situation. You can only pluck a coach from another team if you give him a promotion, so it seems that the Skins are leaving the only 'promotion' available to Russ open.
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football