Q:Does anyone know what became of my namesake? Or the Posse?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Q:Does anyone know what became of my namesake? Or the Posse?

Postby rickysanders83 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:24 pm

I mean, I know that Monk left for the Jets, but then came back and retired as a Skin (right?). And I think I remember Clark moving on to Atlanta or Arizona before eventually retiring. But what about the silent Posse member (and my personal fave), Ricky Sanders? Where did he go? When did he retire? And for that matter, in general, why did all these guys leave the Skins? Were there salary cap problems (I know it was the beginning of the whole salary cap thing too)? Were they deemed too old by Norv or whoever was coach?

Just some questions about my favorite group of receivers ever.

Also, one last question: Is it possible to get any jerseys of these guys? I imagine the easiest would be Monk, but what about Clark or Sanders. Thanks
"Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done." -- TE Donnie Warren

Postby rickysanders83 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:46 pm

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
"Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done." -- TE Donnie Warren

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:13 pm

I'm sure you can get those jerseys... get a customized one made if nothing else.

I don't know about Clark or Sanders but Art Monk went to the Eagles and according to one website I found, was with the Giant briefly.
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:35 pm

Ricky lives in Houston now. He signed with the Falcons for the 1994 season. I think he also signed with the Dolphins in 1995 with Gary Clark.

There were several contract disputes with Sanders and the Skins years before he was let go. Ricky was on an NFL edition of Toughman, the boxing show. He was a bit overweight and lost badly to a former Bills defensive back. I wish I could talk to him again. Me and him go back a little bit. We haven't seen each other since September of 1994 when the Falcons came to RFK.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football