A new option at fullback!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

A new option at fullback!

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:47 pm

I read that the Packers might let fullback William Henderson go as a salary cap casualty. It would be so great if we could pick him up. He is such an awesome blocker and runner. I am fine with our FB situation but if it doesnt work out, Henderson will be my #1 choice.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby Redskins4Life » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:05 pm

Rock Cartwright will be more than solid at fullback. And im not sure, check me on this, but I dont think Joe Gibbs' offensive scheme uses more than one back in the backfield.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:10 pm

Redskins4Life wrote:Rock Cartwright will be more than solid at fullback. And im not sure, check me on this, but I dont think Joe Gibbs' offensive scheme uses more than one back in the backfield.

Only in short-yardage situation. Otis Wonsley would have never seen the field otherwise.

His block on Riggo's run in SB17 is still textbook.

EDIT: Cool! I got MY helmet as the avatar. Thanks Boss!

(But, alas, with Gibbs back at the helm, I don't forsee a major uniform change for a while......)
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

piggie

Postby tnathan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:01 pm

But, alas, with Gibbs back at the helm, I don't forsee a major uniform change for a while......)

what's this uniform change you want?
"rarely does a man have greater heroes than the champions of his youth."

-mike wilbon

go you nats

Joe's#1Fan

i,m only seeing a one back

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Redskins4Life wrote:Rock Cartwright will be more than solid at fullback. And im not sure, check me on this, but I dont think Joe Gibbs' offensive scheme uses more than one back in the backfield.

i remember gibbs offense didn,t really have a fb in it,h back not fb. but rock cartright looks very solid there -not that i would ignore henderson buy no means. :shock:
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

piggie

Un-necessary

Postby TopHawg » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:10 pm

William Henderson would be great to have but since he is so good we would have to pay him a good amount and I'm not sure if he's worth the cap room he'd take up since we have 2 sufficient Fullbacks in Cartwright and Johnson. Also considering St. Gibbs' single back offensive style.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:19 pm

tnathan wrote:
But, alas, with Gibbs back at the helm, I don't forsee a major uniform change for a while......)

what's this uniform change you want?

Just a full-time switch to the retro uniform -- with a white road added as well. But with a "hybrid" helmet -- the one that is my avatar. It's the current logo in the old colors on a plain burgundy helmet.

They'd still have the spear on the jersey sleeves.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:16 pm

I think Rock would be very good at running back, not just fullback. He is very fast and strong.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:57 pm

I agree. I think Rock has the tools to be our running back. Trung and Morton can be used on third and long. I heard Gary Clark on the radio a few days ago. He was going on and on about how Rock is a Gibbs style player. Gary said, "I would go to war with Rock."
oops....sorry!

---------

Postby redskins56 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:45 pm

The most dangerous thing about Rock is his size. I mean that, because with every single inch in his 5 foot 7 inch tall frame, he is lower to the ground then his compettitors. He is tougher to bring down, quick on his feet, makes sharp cuts, and hits holes hard.

There is nothing harder to bring down than a shifty, powerful back, hitting holes with their shoulders down at full speed. Nothing except for one that is shifty, powerful, hits holes with their shoulders down, runs at full speed, and stands 5'7" and could duck between your legs without breaking stride, if the situation called for it.

The Nickname Rock is perfect, there isn't an ounce of fat on that ROCK...

-GEEPZ

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:15 am

Still, there's always room for improvement. I say, bring Henderson in. Heck, bring Alstott in too ! He's more Riggo than the others. I like Rock Cartwright. It's WWE and "Bonanza"together ! I also like competition in camp. Can't lose by getting the biggest BANG! for your buck. Or, in this case, the biggest buck for your bang !
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football