Two Years Ago Yesterday, We...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Two Years Ago Yesterday, We...

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:36 pm

Hired Spurrier! Oh man, I remember watching the press conference and thinking the best. I mean, we hired the best coach in college football history. Looking back on it, I don't regret thinking like that. I now look back on it as a happy day for me but a trememdously agonizing next two years for me.

Now I am just glad that I finally get to SEE and UNDERSTAND what it's like to watch Joe Gibbs coach. I went to my first game with my mom in 1992. I think it was the "Seat Cushion" Game. I don't remember much from that day but I will be sure to store these future memories of seeing Gibbs at game and roaming the sidelines during home games this year.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:28 pm

Looking back on it, I don't regret thinking like that.

You know what, when the Skins signed Spurrier, I was cautiously optimistic. Once he started the job, though, my optimism shot down hill very quickly.

The guy is a college coach...and should stay a college coach.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:32 pm

JH was reading in Sporting News he is going to assemble a real NFL coaching staff and return in 2005...one possiblity is Miami if Wanny can't get it done. Just remember the Skins must be compensated!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

ol ball coach

Postby MEZZSKIN » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:33 pm

SS was a unmitigated disaster!.Please for the sake OUR WELL BEING AND MENTAL HEALTH let us not us bring up this losers name again..Our Father has returned!!!..Lets focus on our future...Coach will need our help and support......Just the mere thought of SS gives us bad karma........FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:43 pm

I don't think the Dolphins will let Wanny go until his contract is up. I also don't think Spurrier is going to have an NFL job for a LONG, LONG time.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:47 pm

THE NEXT JOB SS WILL HAVE IN THE NFL IS SPIT SHINING JOE GIBBS SHOES.....SS WAS DISGRACE TO HIMSELF HIS FAMILY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE BURGUNDY AND GOLD....I HOPE HE GETS BANISHED TO ALCORN STATE...LET HIM COME BACK SO HE CAN FURTHER HIS EMBARASSMENT...AND WE GET COMPENSATED FOR HIS NEXT HUMILIATION

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:59 pm

Jake wrote:I don't think the Dolphins will let Wanny go until his contract is up. I also don't think Spurrier is going to have an NFL job for a LONG, LONG time.

If Wanny doesn't win in next Dec he won't be the Fins coach in Jan. Don't be fooled by the contract extension, WH didn't want a lame duck coach.

SS does not want to be remembered as a loser (remember his ego), remember the Maimi rumor a few weeks ago??? The conseces on SS was that he didn't get a fair shake fron DS....we haven't heard the last from SS
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby DESkins » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:04 pm

Jake, I respectfully submit two words about the "best coach in college football history"... Bobby Bowden. As an FSU fan I was somewhat conflicted when Spurnya was hired, I loathed him in the collegiate game, but was trying to reconcile my wish for the Redskins to have some measure of success. How typically Spurnya-like, to lose when facing better talent at the coaching position. So I can't say that I wasn't expecting something like what we all just endured, but I wasn't entirely surprised.
R.I.P. Andrew McDonough 9/3/92 - 7/14/07. Love & miss you, #20.

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:05 pm

IM SURE MIAMI WILL BE THRILLED WITH SS IF THAT HAPPENS....HELL CUT RICKY WILLIAMS OR BANISH HIM SOMEWHERE(ALA STEPHEN DAVIS)...SO HE CAN PROVE TO HIMSELF AND OTHERS HIS OFFENSE WORKS...ITS ALL ABOUT HIM AND NO ONE ELSE..HE WONT COACH A TEAM BUILT ON D AND A SOUND RUNNING GAME....NO WAY

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:50 pm

SS does not want to be remembered as a loser (remember his ego), remember the Maimi rumor a few weeks ago??? The conseces on SS was that he didn't get a fair shake fron DS....we haven't heard the last from SS
we haven't heard the last? wait till he has to butt heads with gibbs. puscells nearly gave him a heart attack. :lol:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:00 am

In keeping with the thread, I will admit that I was a little stunned at the hiring. You see, I don't follow college ball. Oh, there's a feverish Wolverines fan at my job, and another who swears, week in and week out, that "Boston College is a lock", regardless of who they're playing. For me, it's too exhaustive to try and follow the Redskins, Yankees and college ball. (In that precise order, thankyouverymuch!) My first thought was, "Oh, Good !" followed with a very quick, "Who ?"
The numbers excited me, but one thing stuck in my craw. Florida. Land of sun, orange juice, bodacious babes on the salty, sandy beaches, volleyball, uv-block on the bridge of the nose. snakes, and yes, 'Gators.
How does one go from throwing the ball all over the nice, warm south east to throwing the ball all over the frigid Meadowlands ?
"Well", I thought, "...surely he's considered that, being a highly successful coach. Wasn't he also a couple quarterbacks behind Doug Williams in Tampa Bay ? He knows stuff about the NFL."
Hindsight is, as they say, 20/20.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football