Random Question

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---------

Random Question

Postby redskins56 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:10 pm

Am I the only Redskins fan that thought Kenny Watson had what it took to make an impact in the NFL. Obviouslly there was way to many backs in our backfield, but I think that Watson can be an okay back...

Anyone Agree

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:35 pm

I have to agree with you on this one. I was kinda surprised when Watson was let go so quickly...but, since we had so many backs, I just bit my tongue and kept quiet.

After all, the Redskins offensive powers must know something that I don't, right?

Either way, I thought Watson had the energy and quickness to be an effective back.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:26 am

I also think the team took him for granted a bit since he was undrafted and Ladell was a 2nd rounder. I still and always will like Watson. Marvin Lewis did the right thing in signing him.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:28 am

I liked Watson, but I think Chad is out of the same mold and a little better and returns kicks, which is why I believe he was let go.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:04 am

Jake wrote:I also think the team took him for granted a bit since he was undrafted and Ladell was a 2nd rounder.

That has to be the reason they let him go. If you look at Bett's and Watson's numbers from 2002 thay are almost identical....except that Betts had two fumbles and Watson had none. Also Watson was claerly a better blocker. This just goes to show that our front office is more impressed by draft position, than what it should be able to see with its own eyes on the field. When they got rid of Watson was one of the big defining moments where I realized that this front office will always screw things up. Now with Gibbs in there I have hope that he won't let them make mistakes, but I'm still not convinvced that Dan won't find a way to screw this up.

Chad

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:22 am

Is Watson still in the NFL? I think the answer to that question would go a long way toward supporting or condemning the Redskins decision.

Hog

Postby DESkins » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:44 am

Watson is still in the NFL, played for the Bengals on kick-off returns this year, averaged 16.1 yards per return (only had 7 returns). Don't know that this is a decent indicator of his potential or not, because you figure that he made the team as a special teamer, since they have Corey Dillon as their feature back.

Hog

Postby newshog » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:09 pm

This just goes to show that our front office is more impressed by draft position, than what it should be able to see with its own eyes on the field.

Or were they handcuffed by the contract they gave that second-rounder? I'm just not sure--if there isn't THAT big a difference between to players, I imagine you cut the one that has less of a cap impact.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football