Offensive Coordinator

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Since the chances of landing Grimm have been reduced to 0, are there any other possibilites for the OC slot? Gibbs has indicated that he would like to work with one. What about Fassel? If he doesn't land a head coaching job might he be interested? He would be a good one.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:33 pm

I don't think Fassel would be a bad choice, really, but I can't see Gibbs picking him. He's kinda like a re-tread, ya know?
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:37 pm

With Joe Bugel and Ernie Zampese both already on staff, there's not really any need to look for anyone else is there?

I think the only reason one of them hasn't been named OC is to leave the door open for Grimm.

Seems like he's staying in Pittsburgh but it doesn't seem like he's going to be given the OC job. Not sure why he wouldn't rather join Gibbs and probably get promoted to OC, though the job would pretty much be done by the committee of Buges, Zampese and Grimm. Maybe that's why... maybe he doesn't feel he'll get to 'make his mark'.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:48 am

If only Grimm would see that there's a real good chance that these old boys will head out in 5 years, and Joe has more than likely had it written in that he will hand-pick his successor to uphold the tradition of Redskin-Brand NFC Beast football. All he has to do is talk to the REAL ol' Ball Coach. He'll be sold on it in no time.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:52 am

Couple of points

What is Grimm contract situation?

What has Williams been told...yes he's a great DC but at some point he's going to want to be a HC again and when he turns this defense around (like Lewis did) he will be looked at again. Did the Skins tell him he would be considered??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football