LeBeau picks Steelers over Bills

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

LeBeau picks Steelers over Bills

Postby Bitter Smuggs » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:25 pm

Dick LeBeau decided to be the Steelers' new Defensive Coordinator rather than getting the same job in Buffalo. This could be important because yesterday's Washington Post had an article about the assistant coaches still in Buffalo that the Redskins wanted to hire (Tim Krumrie and Jerry Gray) that said, "The Redskins' chances to sign Krumrie are almost nil if LeBeau stays in Buffalo. The two have close ties -- including when Krumrie was a defensive line coach under LeBeau in Cincinnati from 1997 to 2002." I am not sure if Lebeau would take Krumrie to Pittsburgh. I know they fired their defensive coordinator, and one of their defensive assistants was named defensive coordinator of the 49ers yesterday, but I think they still have a defensive line coach.

Hog

Postby newshog » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:12 pm

And in further developments, the Bills retained Jerry Gray (who the Redskins wanted as their secondary coach) to be their defensive coordinator.

Not sure what this means for Krumrie, though--he could go with LeBeau, or stay with the Bills, or come here!
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:40 pm

newshog wrote:And in further developments, the Bills retained Jerry Gray (who the Redskins wanted as their secondary coach) to be their defensive coordinator.

Not sure what this means for Krumrie, though--he could go with LeBeau, or stay with the Bills, or come here!

i guess we will see how all this plays out i reckon :o
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football