Aol users please read

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Aol users please read

Postby BossHog » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:05 pm

This is a notice to all AOL members that have an aol e-mail address.

You CANNOT use the 'watch this topic for replies' function. AOL in their infinite wisdom sees these bounces as spam and will not allow the reply to ever get to your mailbox. It is AOL's way of blocking what it deems spam, and there's nothing that I can do about it.

The e-mails do however, come to my mailbox. So please, if you use AOL, don't use the Watch topic feature. Think how many failure notices there are if every person uses the watch topic feature.... lots... daily.

Also, if you are an AOL user, and you have used the feature, i'd be appreciate if you could unwatch the topics that you have tagged because I'll still get all of those too :-)

I apologize for the inconvenience but as I said, it's not something that I can do anything about. Thx for your understanding.
Last edited by BossHog on Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:25 pm

WHAT A NIGHTMARE boss, i hate AOL. so glad i'm away from dial up now. \:D/ if you have AOL you might be able to set up a bulk folder, sometimes that works. before i switched to cable, i had SBC with spamgaurd, and the only way i could get replies on watching threads was through that bulk folder(it sends spam and other computer generated emails to this folder, instead of returning to sender). not sure if AOL offers this particular feature...... just a suggestion to any of you that might be on AOL.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:50 pm

hailskins666 wrote:WHAT A NIGHTMARE boss, i hate AOL.

Same here... even though I've never even personally used it (because I know better :P ).

AOL won't even let you add e-mail addresses to a "white list" to be excluded from SPAM filtering? That sucks.
Robert :D

piggie

Postby psummersjr » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:18 pm

Boss, can't you force your application to deny all emails from an AOL addrss?
I saw Art Monk in the Safeway parking lot in Great Falls, VA on 3/26/2005. It was AWESOME!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:45 am

Well yeah, but then what if I get a notification e-mail for a problem with an account? Then i'll never know.

I want this place to work as smoothly as it can, so i don't mind knowing what's not functioning... despitethe copious amounts of e-mail... just goes with running the site :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:59 am

This is not a fix but a suggestion.

If you are on SOL - oops - AOL, switch to something else. They are notoriously flakey.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:48 pm

If you are on SOL - oops - AOL, switch to something else. They are notoriously flakey.
ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO .....SOL
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football