Former Redskins in the playoffs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
The Evil Straw

Former Redskins in the playoffs

Postby Fios » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:42 pm

I may be alone in this but I, for one, do not regret seeing James Thrash play elsewhere. He is not capable of making the tough catches and, as the NFC title game reiterated, he lacks the size to gain seperation from corners who jam at the line. He dropped way too many passes in his time here.
On the other hand, I do regret very much the decision to cut Larry Centers. It is my belief that if Schottenheimer had swallowed his ego and kept Centers, the Redskins would have made the playoffs that year. The decision to cut a multi-purpose future HOF back, especially when you are running a ball control offense, still boggles my mind.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:23 pm

You gotta be pulling for Stephen Davis now. He was one of the most modest, hardest working Redskins to play here in the past 10 years. I will be really happy to see him earn a super bowl ring if it works out for him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:39 pm

I definitely am. I do think the Centers decision was incredibly STUPID. Schottenheimer was obviously on a an ego cloud that day. Grrr!!!!
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football