Season Tickets

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
jpfair

Season Tickets

Postby jpfair » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:15 am

I have what many of you might think is a stupid question. But, as they say: The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. And with that in mind, here goes:

I put my name on the Redskins Season Ticket Waiting list several years ago. In December, with the season still going, I was called and told that my name had come up. They sent me the info, and I sent in a deposit. I was told I would be contacted in April or May about my seats. My question is this: With the hiring of Joe Gibbs, and with all the talk about how the tickets are in such high demand now, what are the chances that I will be left out in the cold without any tickets. What are the chances that all the people that gave up their tickets, allowing my name to be called, will somehow be able to get their tickets back. I guess I'm just so excited, that I'm fearing the worst. I want these tickets desperately!!

Any information on what the procedures are for getting the tickets would be appreciated!

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:44 am

You should get your tix...especially if you sent in a deposit...but...I would call... because if they said they would contact you in APRIL that's too late. The invoices usually come out in Feb...and Danny wants all his money by March 15th....so call and verify.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

swine

Postby skinsfan301 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:51 am

jpfair, did you sign a licensee agreement?

Postby JPFair » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:58 am

Thanks for your replies.

I recieved a form in the mail that asked me how many tickets I wanted, and I signed it. I don't know if that's a licensee agreement or not. It did have some paragraph on it that I singed where I think I agreed to be bound by the terms of the agreement. But, I was so excited that I just filled it out, and send my check. They did cash the check. What's next? Does anyone have a number I can call? I know the name of the guy I spoke to the last time I called, but I don't know what his number is. I'm a little paranoid about the whole thing, so if someone has the number I'll call them this morning.

swine

Postby skinsfan301 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:01 am

If they where not premium seats call: 301-276-6050

If they where premium seats call:301-276-6800

Postby JPFair » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:09 am

Thanks for the info.

I just called the number, and was told that in March they go through the "renewals" first. After they go through the renewals, then they get to the new ticket holders. He said that I should be hearing from them closer to April or May. He did sound encouraging, and mentioned that I got my check in in plenty of time so I should have a good chance at getting some decent upper level seats.

After speaking to him, it sounds like I'm good to go, but has anyone else heard of this procedure for "new" season ticket holders? It seems logical that they would go to the renewals first. All in all, I'm pretty excited. What's it like having season tickets? I live in Boston, but I'm from Falls Church. I'll be heading down there for every home game. I can't wait! Are the tail gates good? I've been to FEDEX a few times, but never tailgated there.

Thanks for all your help.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:40 am

JPFair writes:
With the hiring of Joe Gibbs, and with all the talk about how the tickets are in such high demand now, what are the chances that I will be left out in the cold without any tickets. What are the chances that all the people that gave up their tickets, allowing my name to be called, will somehow be able to get their tickets back.

Please don't construe this as "legal advice" but when I sent my deposit in...I got an email from the Redskins (which I saved) acknowledging receipt of my deposit and "guaranteeing" me seats for next year.

If they attempt to renege on that "promise", I will sue them faster than a brass monkeys balls get frozen at 20 below!

...and you know what? I'd probably be successful!

Although anything can happen, I'm pretty confident that those people that made deposits on their tickets will get them next year.

By the way...I just called the number, too, and I was told that if people received that same notification "letter" and haven't responded yet, they will be "guaranteed" tickets beginning in 2005, not 2004. I immediately asked him about my account...and he confirmed that I will begin in 2004. (whew!)
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

swine

Postby whomp-em » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:41 pm

First off - Congrats on your tickets!!!!

Now, does anyone know how you can find out your status on the wait list? I signed up after last season. My friend signed up recently and received and email yesterday saying he was # 112,000+. I got no such email. If they lost my spot on the list I'm gonna freak!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:32 pm

Hey whomp-em, why not try calling the # previously posted (301-276-6050) and ask them. If they don't have an answer for you, I'm sure they can direct you to someone who does.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:42 pm

This is funny.....last year it was like pulling teeth to get people to buy my second set of tix....this year....I've gotten several calls already. What a difference a day makes.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:46 pm

Uh yeah... check your e-mail.

There's one from me.

:-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football