Beginner Needs Advice on TIX/PKG/Tailgating

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Beginner Needs Advice on TIX/PKG/Tailgating

Postby wildekod » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:00 pm

I am taking my son to our first Redskins (first NFL for that matter) game on 12/10 -- Redskins vs Eagles. May be too late to ask about tix because we already have seats in section 217. Just how obstructed are these views??? Also, please advise on parking permits -- green vs white vs blue vs orange. Lastly, should we get tailgate club tix or is it better to tailgate out in the lots? THANKS for any and all input!!!

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:24 pm

Welcome to the site. What row in 217? I believe obstruction starts beyond row 15. Not all seats are obstructed though.

Green parking gets you in the same lot for the THN tailgating area. Not sure about white parking, never heard of. I'd recommend tailgating in the lots.

Hope this helps......
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Postby wildekod » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:35 pm

Row 23...... :c(

DarthMonk

Re: Beginner Needs Advice on TIX/PKG/Tailgating

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:50 pm

wildekod wrote:I am taking my son to our first Redskins (first NFL for that matter) game on 12/10 -- Redskins vs Eagles. May be too late to ask about tix because we already have seats in section 217. Just how obstructed are these views??? Also, please advise on parking permits -- green vs white vs blue vs orange. Lastly, should we get tailgate club tix or is it better to tailgate out in the lots? THANKS for any and all input!!!

If I were you and the view is obstructed I'd simply go to the upper deck in the endzone. You will find plenty of emptys. If you can find an empty pair lower down wait until the half and as people stream up you go down to the empty pair you've had your eye on. Bring binoculars and revel in the fact that you can see plays unfold and watch field goals curl in instead of wondering why this play went for 5 yards or wondering if that field goal has any chance or not from the horrible lower-bowl-corner view. As for parking, if you have a pass just use it. Go two hours early and play catch while the burgers are cooking. I am a firm believer that endzone seats are far superior to midfield - and I have seen MANY games from both vantage points. The last field goal Sunday was the sweetest thing I ever saw. If you have the tape look for number 81 in the lower right corner raising his arms in ecstasy. I could tell it was good at the halfway point. There were about 30 people in the whole world who knew that as early as I did.

Next time get better seats the day before the game on craigslist.

Good luck.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:34 pm

wildekod wrote:Row 23...... :c(

well, you'll be in the last row. At least you can stand without blocking anyone's view. Darthmonk made some good points.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Postby wildekod » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:42 am

What a sweet moment that was indeed and that much sweeter for DarkMonth!!
Thank you HOSS Hog and DarkMonth for your input. I could still sell the tix on ebay and pick up better seats. The challenge is that we need 3 since I'm also taking my limey husband to his first live NFL experience. Sounds like lower end zone would be a great option....... No matter what - our son is just thrilled to be going to a game.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:54 am

DarthMonk wrote:Go two hours early and play catch while the burgers are cooking.

2 hours early!?!? 2 hours early!?!?!

If you wanna do it right, my brutha, you will show up as soon as the lots open up

4 hours early!

or, if you're truly hardcore, like me, and you want to tailgate in the waiting line before the lots open up:

5 1/2 hours early!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Postby wildekod » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:31 am

DarthMonk wrote:I am a firm believer that endzone seats are far superior to midfield - and I have seen MANY games from both vantage points. DarthMonk

What do think is a fair price for section 111 row 19?

Hog

Postby wormer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:25 am

Right now sec 111 shouold run you close to 350-400 for the pair. You might be able to get parking with it near the $400 mark. the gamble is will they go up or down the as the game draws near. If you can get a pair for around $300 I'd snap them up. 111 is near the band. These are where my seats are (110 actually). I love sitting near the band.

Re: parking. I would buy Red. Some Red Parking is actually closer than some of the Green lots but you can get them for less. Plus i find Red eiser to get out of after. White i'm not sure about. Call the skins tix office to find exactl where. They might be near the church. If so that should be fine. I'd avoid Blue and cash lots. Both are too far away, especially cash lots. Unless you need to be really close to the stadium for some reason Purple and Orange are a total rip-off.

Tailgate club is also a little pricy.

Pros: It is nice not having to worry about bringing/making food and drink. There are some things for kids also. Video game tent, FG try & passing game. Think they do face painting and a few other things. After game you get to go up to the club level and watch the late games, sit on the swank leather sofas or go visit my baby doll Patty at the cigar bar. :D

Cons: Price.
Have pet sitting needs in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Olney or Montgomery Village? Contact me. I own Fetch! Pet Care of Rockville - Gaitthersburg.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:47 pm

wildekod, I wouldn't worry about the tailgate club. You could easily check out theHogs.net tailgate in lot A75.

http://www.thehogs.net/html/TailgatingClub/index.php

It's catered with delicious food (the time I was there we had BBQ beef sandwhiches and chili), the Hogettes are there every week, and it's an all around great time.

Another option. Hope everything works out OK.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:35 pm

wildekod wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I am a firm believer that endzone seats are far superior to midfield - and I have seen MANY games from both vantage points. DarthMonk

What do think is a fair price for section 111 row 19?

FACE VALUE IS FAIR! ANYTHING ELSE IS A RIP. CRAIGSLIST RULES. OTHERWISE, JUST BUY THERE FROM A NON-SCALPER ... THERE ARE PLENTY.

DARTHMONK
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:07 pm

I wouldnt pay anything above $150 (per ticket) right now with the way the team is playing for section 111. Even that's above face value. Only reason I say that is because it is probably impossible to find face value in the lower levels.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football