Laron Landry

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Still go after Briggs

Not go after Briggs
88%
Still go after briggs
12%

Total votes : 33
piggie

Laron Landry

Postby redskins_89 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:56 am

He is a great player who hits as big as sean taylor and covers good as a corner back he is a great pick up

Also what if we still pick up briggs and have briggs, washington, and fletcher at LB and Springs and Smoot and carter, daniels, griffen, and golsten it will be a crazy defense eventually next year if that happens

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:00 am

Ok, is this thread about Landry or Briggs? :?

Either way, it belongs in Hogwash since it's about the Redskins.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 am

No thanks. Our main priority now is DL and Guard. We are one major injury away from real trouble in the DL. It would be a pity to see another season go down the toilet for lack of foresight. Several of our DL have had serious injuries or are on the wrong side of 30.

We certainly do not have a dominating DL, which according to Joe Gibbs himself is the key. "Defense guides the team to victory". I am sure they are aware of this situation butJoe is not prepared to say anything PRIOR to a trade or an acquisition because he RESPECTS his players so much.

Even if the team brings anybody, Joe will -ALWAYS- say that any player has to earn a spot. Nobody comes to start automatically. EVEN Sean Taylor had to earn his spot if you remember correctly. The same Joe Gibbs spoke yesterday about Laron Landry. He will have to earn his spot and Joe paid tribute and respect to Prileau and Soutmire as very good players.

Picking Briggs would be a regression to the old splashy Danny style of old. It would contradict the wise and cautious philosophy that has prevailed throughout this offseason. [-o<
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:13 am

what if we work out a trade for jenkins

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:20 am

redskins_89 wrote:what if we work out a trade for jenkins

NO!

Cus it'd take a draft pick and Gibbs has said we're going into 2008 with a full deck of cards.

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:24 am

We could trade somebody for jenkins jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:37 am

redskins_89 wrote:We could trade somebody for jenkins jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Who? Who could we trade that wouldn't cripple our defense?

Washington?
Taylor?

And before anyone says it, Springs isn't worth enough for a straight up trade.

Hog

Postby fleetus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:38 am

June 1st cuts!!! Bet we'll pick up some DL and OL depth then. May even get lucky and snare a starter at DT or G.
Build through the draft!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:41 am

fleetus wrote: May even get lucky and snare a starter at DT or G.

I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. At this point I"m banking on a healthy season and our 2006 rookies to get us through this season until we get to the 2008 draft.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:56 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
redskins_89 wrote:what if we work out a trade for jenkins

NO!

Cus it'd take a draft pick and Gibbs has said we're going into 2008 with a full deck of cards.

Man I totally agree with Chris. This draft might not have met everyone's wildest hopes and dreams, but as of today we do have all of our picks in next year's draft. If the skins plan is to hold on to those picks and groom some quality young players, I couldn't be happier.

DISCLAIMER: I fully expect to hear that Snyder has traded them all away next week for Daunte Culpepper. :)

piglet

Postby Peety » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:49 pm

I wanted to add that I am happy with Laundry...he was the best player available and that is what you have to do when you pick at number 6 and there are no trades available to use. He will start next season because this season we have Stadoumire who is very reliable and only signed for one year, Fox, who I dont really like and finally Prioleau, Pierson who is very reliable, but does not have the upside that Laundry has, he will be his back up in 2 years.
Also, I agreed with Coach Gibbs who said that what Laundry gives us is more coverage and that translates into making oppossin quaterback having to hold on to the ball a bit longer and that way our pass rushers can get to him.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:54 pm

I hate laundry but I am happy about Landry
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:55 pm

Peety how can you not like Fox? He came to our team late last year and was arguably our best special teams player and he did a decent job of filling in at safety when we needed him.. I was very happy to have him brought back.. he will be a huge asset to this team in 07

piglet

Postby Peety » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:01 pm

jejejeje
ok to Fios, Landry it is, my bad....
and to everydayAskinsday, I just want to say that I think he is very reliable but not very aggresive to stop the run..Landry is Taylor 2, like his little brother...that is all. Also, he will fall as our 3rd S in the Dept chart next year, behind Landry and Sean Taylor, can you argue with that ?

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:08 pm

Peety wrote:jejejeje
ok to Fios, Landry it is, my bad....
and to everydayAskinsday, I just want to say that I think he is very reliable but not very aggresive to stop the run..Landry is Taylor 2, like his little brother...that is all. Also, he will fall as our 3rd S in the Dept chart next year, behind Landry and Sean Taylor, can you argue with that ?

I was never getting at the fact that Fox would ever sniff the field as a starter.. I just didnt understand how you could not like the kid.. hes a huge asset to us on special teams.. but when it comes to playing in our defensive packages yes hes 3rd on the depth chart at best.. but I would put him behind Pierson too

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football