Laron Landry

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Still go after Briggs

Not go after Briggs
88%
Still go after briggs
12%

Total votes : 33
Hog

Postby BernieSki » Tue May 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Justice Hog wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Why not save this cash and resign our own talent and keep this unit intact?

Because the guys we have are not getting the job done. Our defense was ranked 31st out of 32 teams, if that is not proof enough I do not know what else is. We set the NFL record for lowest number of takeaways with 12, that's a problem. We need better players. If you guys think that we can get by with the current players thats great, but I think we need upgrades. I know that cap space is limited, but I think that is why we have not made any big moves, maybe we are clearing up space for 2008.

I am glad that several of you are more optimistic then I am, I hope you guys are right.
BernSki

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2007 1:38 pm

BernieSki wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Why not save this cash and resign our own talent and keep this unit intact?

Because the guys we have are not getting the job done. Our defense was ranked 31st out of 32 teams, if that is not proof enough I do not know what else is. We set the NFL record for lowest number of takeaways with 12, that's a problem. We need better players. If you guys think that we can get by with the current players thats great, but I think we need upgrades. I know that cap space is limited, but I think that is why we have not made any big moves, maybe we are clearing up space for 2008.

I am glad that several of you are more optimistic then I am, I hope you guys are right.

So we sign one guy that will make it harder for us to resign 3 other guys that are critical to the team?

So we sign Briggs...but we potentially lose Taylor and Cooley because they want too much.

So then we'll have a gaping hole at safety and TE. Then you're going to want to sign some other big name to fill those voids....

Then we'll lose someone else.

It's a carousel of retardation. We'll draft someone next year, we can't plug EVERY HOLE IN ONE YEAR. We can't do it without pissing away the future and ending up with no picks.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

^^^^^^^^

Postby Gibbs' Hog » Tue May 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm just shocked that people are falling for this "all-in-one solution" gimmick. I swear, its year after year that someone gets marketed to the sheep and they go right off the side of the cliff for it.

Amen to that. Haven't we already learned that giving away all of our future bargaining power for one hyped-up, gonna-fix-every-problem-we-have type of player is futile?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 01, 2007 1:47 pm

Dont go for Briggs. Give Rocky a shot.
Last edited by The Hogster on Tue May 01, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Gibbs' Hog wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm just shocked that people are falling for this "all-in-one solution" gimmick. I swear, its year after year that someone gets marketed to the sheep and they go right off the side of the cliff for it.

Amen to that. Haven't we already learned that giving away all of our future bargaining power for one hyped-up, gonna-fix-every-problem-we-have type of player is futile?

Apparently they haven't. It appears that Gibbs change of philosophy regarding player acquisitions was too swift. Many fans have gone into withdrawal because they weren't weened off of sauce the skins have been selling.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed May 02, 2007 2:26 am

Forget Briggs.

He will cost too much. Not to mention the Bears are going to want alot in return.

We now have Strong side Linebacker Marcus Washington, Weakside will be between Marshall and Mcintosh maybe even Sartz , Middle will be London and H.b. Blades. So we are set at linebacker. I said it before I would rather have Lavar back then get Briggs.

Briggs rarely gets sacks and we need a linebacker who can also give us some production in terms of sacks since our Dline will be mostly occupying blockers. Most of our pressure will be coming from blitzes.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 02, 2007 7:01 am

That "deal" was for last w/e we get their pick and Briggs and they get the 6 pick - we selected Landry = end of Briggs deal!

We did not need that deal IMO - our LB situation has been improved and I think Rocky will show why a lot of us were excited to get him.

IMO Landry is going to be very good for us but if we could have got Briggs and the 31 pick that might have worked too - the Briggs deal was over after the draft - He's a Bear :lol:
Robert Griffin is a franchise QB - we are very fortunate

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:59 am

I think we should still go after some great defensive player and trade like a sixth pick away or fifth

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu May 03, 2007 8:56 am

redskins_89 wrote:I think we should still go after some great defensive player and trade like a sixth pick away or fifth

I heard the Panthers will take our 6th round pick next year for Julius Peppers!

And I think the Patriots are willing to give up Tom Brady for next year's 7th rounder!

Who in their right minds would trade a 6th or 5th round pick for a great defensive player?

Come on back to reality...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football