Laron Landry

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Still go after Briggs

Not go after Briggs
88%
Still go after briggs
12%

Total votes : 33
|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Briggs who? Not needed, and not wanted, IMO.

Just one good defensive lineman coming to Washington soon would make this a mighty fine offseason, I reckon. I'll be hoping that something comes up after June 1st rather than trading away any of next year's picks though.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Tue May 01, 2007 7:19 am

What if we could get briggs without having to loose next years picks or really good players are potentially good players!!!!!

^^^^^^^^

Postby Gibbs' Hog » Tue May 01, 2007 8:21 am

redskins_89 wrote:What if we could get briggs without having to loose next years picks or really good players are potentially good players!!!!!

1. That wouldn't happen.

2. Briggs is not worth it. He's only "good" because of a certain Chi-town teamate... and I say "good" because he's not even that good. Sure, he had a bunch of tackles last year (again, thanks Urlacher), but the guy had 1 sack and 2 interceptions last year. 3.5 sacks in 4 years... why do you love the guy so much?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 am

redskins_89 wrote:What if we could get briggs without having to loose next years picks or really good players are potentially good players!!!!!

What if I could fly?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:31 am

You know i bet we do a big trade this year and you guys will be very suprised when it goes down and i have very high hopes if briggs does come because we nice fans and players and everything and we can make it a good deal for both sides!

and yes why don't you fly

Hog

Postby gibbs4president » Tue May 01, 2007 8:32 am

redskins_89 wrote:You know i bet we do a big trade this year and you guys will be very suprised when it goes down and i have very high hopes if briggs does come because we nice fans and players and everything and we can make it a good deal for both sides!

a big trade for who? it's getting kind of late for that, isn't it?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2007 8:46 am

redskins_89 wrote:You know i bet we do a big trade this year and you guys will be very suprised when it goes down and i have very high hopes if briggs does come because we nice fans and players and everything and we can make it a good deal for both sides!

But it's not going to happen. We don't have a big player that can be traded without crippling the defense.

Gibbs said he's not trading future picks.

Plus Vinny was on the radio yesterday and said the Briggs deal is dead.

So basically what I'm saying is that what you want is not going to happen. And that gives me a deep sense of satisfaction because retarded trades such as this causes us to be without day 1 draft picks.

But hey, Madden 08 drops in August.

Hog

Postby gibbs4president » Tue May 01, 2007 8:48 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:But hey, Madden 08 drops in August.

Man, do you work for EA Sports or something? :D

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2007 8:51 am

gibbs4president wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:But hey, Madden 08 drops in August.

Man, do you work for EA Sports or something? :D

No :lol: I have a deep hatred for Madden but thats off topic. :twisted:

I just say that so those who like these idotic trades can do so in a fantasy setting. It's almost like in the past our F/O used Madden to determine who'd work out the best.

"My son scores 30 more TD's a season with player X, lets get him.." :lol: <<<joke

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Tue May 01, 2007 8:59 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

But it's not going to happen. We don't have a big player that can be traded without crippling the defense.

Gibbs said he's not trading future picks.

Plus Vinny was on the radio yesterday and said the Briggs deal is dead.

So basically what I'm saying is that what you want is not going to happen. And that gives me a deep sense of satisfaction because retarded trades such as this causes us to be without day 1 draft picks.

But hey, Madden 08 drops in August.

The Briggs TRADE may be dead, but didn't Lance say that he was not going to play for The Bears this year, he is willing to sit out the first 10 games and come back for the final 6 games just to get his time-in-service in. The Bears may decide to rid themselves of the problem and release him and then we can sign him without giving up any picks or players.
BernSki

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2007 9:06 am

BernieSki wrote:
The Briggs TRADE may be dead, but didn't Lance say that he was not going to play for The Bears this year, he is willing to sit out the first 10 games and come back for the final 6 games just to get his time-in-service in. The Bears may decide to rid themselves of the problem and release him and then we can sign him without giving up any picks or players.

We'd still have to pay him a crazy amount of money.

We have to sign Landry.
We gotta resign Cooley and Taylor soon....

Briggs is a want not a need. Briggs won't play as well here due to an inferior defensive line and no Brian Urlacher.

Why not save this cash and resign our own talent and keep this unit intact?

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue May 01, 2007 9:33 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Why not save this cash and resign our own talent and keep this unit intact?

Give that man a cigar! I 2nd that!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue May 01, 2007 10:13 am

Justice Hog wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Why not save this cash and resign our own talent and keep this unit intact?

Give that man a cigar! I 2nd that!

Woah. Restraint. What a strange concept!

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Tue May 01, 2007 10:34 am

BernieSki wrote: The Briggs TRADE may be dead, but didn't Lance say that he was not going to play for The Bears this year, he is willing to sit out the first 10 games and come back for the final 6 games just to get his time-in-service in. The Bears may decide to rid themselves of the problem and release him and then we can sign him without giving up any picks or players.

Do you really think the Bears are just going to give away a young Pro Bowl linebacker?!? They'd trade him for a 7th before they did that. And it's still way too early to call his bluff on the sitting out the season stuff. Camp hasn't even started! Besides, do you think any front office is just going to roll over and release any guy threatening to sit out because he doesn't like his deal? There's just no way they're going to release him for nothing. Stop with this Briggs obsession!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 01, 2007 10:38 am

I'm just shocked that people are falling for this "all-in-one solution" gimmick. I swear, its year after year that someone gets marketed to the sheep and they go right off the side of the cliff for it.

I woke up out of that dream. Just take the pill and you too will awake from the Matrix.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football