Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 am

Don't think geographical location was a criteria. Obviously the Pittsburgh fans didn't mind the commute.[/quote]

I watched the game from Iraq, but even being a longtime fan and growing up going to the games this is nothing new. I've always wondered why this doesnt happen to other teams all over. It's always the club level thats filled too, while our fans are on waiting lists for years just to get closer to edge of the nosebleeds.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:19 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Add on top of that the cool, disconnected corporate atmosphere ...

That's being kind. Replace "cool, disconnected" with "cold, anesthetic" and you'd be closer to the truth. There's no feeling in that place.

The corporate cancer that permeates the ticket-holder base will dump their allotments into the secondary market (StubHub, etc.) almost before going to the game.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:35 am

I have never in my life seen a showing of the other team as I did last night. I will not have a voice for another week, so you know I did not let up one second. As a matter of fact I actually had a Steelers fan behind me tap me on the shoulder toward the end of the game and say I have never seen a more dedicated fan. I refused to give up and stop cheering on our Skins. It is pathetic that other "fans" give up their tickets or actually BRING FANS OF THE OPPOSING TEAM WITH THEM TO THE GAME. My tickets would sit in my nightstand drawer before I would ever give them to an opposing team fan - economy or no economy - THAT'S BS!! I was so embarrassed by our "so called fans" last night. Absolutely disgusting.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 am

Well hold on a second Vet, that's just nonsense your talking now. The dude lives out of state and how can you assume the dude can afford to take a trip here for a game anyways? He's wrong in assuming WE who are here can even afford to buy a ticket. I'm not saying that any of us do this but the fact of the matter is people use season tickets as investments to make money and that's what happened last night. I'm just guessing but I think most of those steelers fans got their tickets probably on the net. The thing about the Steelers fans traveling is just nuts, I asked about 20 fans if they live here and 15 said yes but originally from Pitt. Lay off the dude man.. geezuz christ.. where were you last night when my boys and I were in the parking lot fighting 4 steelers fans who kept saying the Skins suck???? :evil:

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:43 am

SkinsChic wrote:I have never in my life seen a showing of the other team as I did last night. I will not have a voice for another week, so you know I did not let up one second. As a matter of fact I actually had a Steelers fan behind me tap me on the shoulder toward the end of the game and say I have never seen a more dedicated fan. I refused to give up and stop cheering on our Skins. It is pathetic that other "fans" give up their tickets or actually BRING FANS OF THE OPPOSING TEAM WITH THEM TO THE GAME. My tickets would sit in my nightstand drawer before I would ever give them to an opposing team fan - economy or no economy - THAT'S BS!! I was so embarrassed by our "so called fans" last night. Absolutely disgusting.

:hail:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:44 am

chiefhog44 wrote:Been to four games. How about you "Staff Member?"
So, bringing your rant here and on to a staff member makes you a good fan?

If you ONLY come here to rant every time we lose a game on national TV and you have a grievance about the fans, quite frankly, I hope not to see your posts EVER AGAIN. :evil:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:46 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Add on top of that the cool, disconnected corporate atmosphere that Snyder has fostered for a decade.

BINGO.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:54 am

My dad was offered 300 per ticket for last night's game. He of course told the Steelers fans to pound sand, but a lot of people can't make Monday Night games (I couldn't, dangit) and so they take the 300 per seat. It sucks, but the cost of the gameday experience makes it so a lot of the people that can afford them use them as a status symbol and aren't really even all that passionate about the Skins, so they have no problem putting an opposing group of fans in them.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:12 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Well hold on a second Vet, that's just nonsense your talking now. The dude lives out of state and how can you assume the dude can afford to take a trip here for a game anyways? He's wrong in assuming WE who are here can even afford to buy a ticket. I'm not saying that any of us do this but the fact of the matter is people use season tickets as investments to make money and that's what happened last night. I'm just guessing but I think most of those steelers fans got their tickets probably on the net. The thing about the Steelers fans traveling is just nuts, I asked about 20 fans if they live here and 15 said yes but originally from Pitt. Lay off the dude man.. geezuz christ.. where were you last night when my boys and I were in the parking lot fighting 4 steelers fans who kept saying the Skins suck???? :evil:

I never doubted anyone's dedication in this thread. I actually called the OP on his claim of buying tickets to sit on them. Reread the whole thread and tell me where I was out of line. How exactly is it my fault that posters make claims that they have no intent of keeping? I just called him on it.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Re: Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Postby mastdark81 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 am

chiefhog44 wrote:I posted this last year when I attended the Bears game, and I'll say it again. How do the F-ing Steelers have more fans at the game then we do, and if they didn't, how are they louder?????

Our fans are pathetic. Why does anyone sell the visiting team tickets? Come on guys. Eat the cost if you can't go. Hell I'll buy them and eat it while watching in Chicago.

I'm again ashamed of being a fan. I knew the feeling of being proud of our fan base wouldn't last for a whole season. Not with this crew.

Very little noise that whole game. Just flat out embarassing seeing all those towels.

Number 1 don't complain if you didn't go to this game yourself. Number 2 who even cares about who's in the stadium or not. I mean it is okay to acknowledge the fact but I personally don't care if only 1 person came to the game and that was the Pittsburgh mascot, we lost...the players our team on the field did not play well at all and that is all that matters.

Zorn should have pulled a Singletary at halftime showing his behind (just kidding). We were out coached and offensively didn't do anything that surprised the Steelers.

Leave all the attendance and financial stuff to the management unless your getting profits from more Redskin fans attending games.

swine

Postby jdubya » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 am

I have season tix and it was disgusting to see that many pittsburgh fans there.

The lack of energy that Skins fans produced on a MNF game is sad.

How can we be an elite team when our fans come to games only to sit and eat hot dogs and have a beer?

No one was paying attention.

No one was up on third down defense

We let those goddamn steelers fans walk all over us in our house.

Sad.

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:30 am

It was pretty irritating to me hearing the crowd go wild when JC got sacked or when CP ran for a short gain like the game was in Pitt.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

swine

Postby jdubya » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 am

It was awful....painful even.

They were loud when the steelers were on defense too.

It had to suck for the players on the field to look into THEIR stands and see black and gold.

I can understand people missing games and whatnot. but this is MNF!!

Re: Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 am

chiefhog44 wrote:I posted this last year when I attended the Bears game, and I'll say it again. How do the F-ing Steelers have more fans at the game then we do, and if they didn't, how are they louder?????

Our fans are pathetic. Why does anyone sell the visiting team tickets? Come on guys. Eat the cost if you can't go. Hell I'll buy them and eat it while watching in Chicago.

I'm again ashamed of being a fan. I knew the feeling of being proud of our fan base wouldn't last for a whole season. Not with this crew.

Very little noise that whole game. Just flat out embarassing seeing all those towels.

FIRST, I WAS AT THE GAME. Second, there was no way the Steelers fans were louder than the Skins fans. That had some thing to do with the fact that for every Steelers fan there was 4 or 5 Skins fans. Yes, I know that still comes out to over 15000 Steelers fans. I actually thought that there would be a bigger turn out of PBurg fans. I told a friend of mine that I expected 25-30000 to show up.

That being said it was an awful display of Skins fans not showing up to support their team.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:47 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Steelers fans travel well. They also left Pittsburgh in droves during the 80s and 90s as the city declined, and the D.C. area has seen almost nothing but growth for decades. We pick up a lot of people that a town like (e.g.) Denver won't.

I would say most of the Steelers fans that showed up, work in the Washington DC area. Go to a Penns / Caps game and almost half of the Verizon center will have black on.

This area is over run with PBurge transplants or the second generartion of those transplants.

Other than Skins' fans there are far more Steelers' fans in this area than even Cowgirl, Crows, or Beagle fans.

I say all that can afford to go, find a ticket to the Dec 7 Skins/Crows game and give those dirty birds a taste of what we got last night. There is no reason we can't put 30,000 into M&T bank stadium.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football