Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Secondary_Chaos wrote:i agree chiefhog44.. our fans are worthless.. we need them to help create offsides and turn overs.. i've always felt the Skins fan base was somewhat frail...

i saw it too and it felt like an away game not a home game with all the steelers fans and the burgundy jerseys the team was wearing....

yeah you have to love the fans of today that call themselves fans..just one mans opinion is all..
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:58 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
Jake wrote:
SkinsChic wrote:I have never in my life seen a showing of the other team as I did last night. I will not have a voice for another week, so you know I did not let up one second. As a matter of fact I actually had a Steelers fan behind me tap me on the shoulder toward the end of the game and say I have never seen a more dedicated fan. I refused to give up and stop cheering on our Skins. It is pathetic that other "fans" give up their tickets or actually BRING FANS OF THE OPPOSING TEAM WITH THEM TO THE GAME. My tickets would sit in my nightstand drawer before I would ever give them to an opposing team fan - economy or no economy - THAT'S BS!! I was so embarrassed by our "so called fans" last night. Absolutely disgusting.

That's exactly how I feel and it's probably the only way I could state how I felt/feel without having to go in smack.

So when my brother (Giants fan) and I (Redskins fan) go to a game together, then I'm pathetic as well? I think that's too broad of a generalization. I realize that teh crowd was at the very least non-supportive, but "disgusted" and "pathetic" is kinda strong.

What actually bothers me more is the "fans" who change their opinion more than the weather. (this comment is defintely not towards either of you; it's pretty common knowledge who these people are).

Bringing an opposing fan to the game, especially a division rival, is not a good thing. Last night was evidence of what can happen if too many are in house.

I have been going to games since I was in preschool and until last night, have NEVER felt like I was in an opposing stadium when I was really at home.

I know you're not dumb at all and I'm not questioning anything about you at all but if you were there last night, you would understand what a sickening sight it is to see your stadium overtaken by another teams fans.

I have never seen anything like it before and hope to not see it ever again. I just can't describe to people clearly enough how horrible it feels to see that.

Any measure that makes it easier for an opponent (brining one of their fans for example) I will not do. And especially after last night, it just reinforces that belief.

I love my family more than anything in the world (especially the Redskins)but if any of them were fans of division rivals, I would NEVER bring them. They may sit near me but if they do, it will be a coincidence because they would have gotten the ticket from someone else.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:01 pm

The Steelers left town with a victory, with Roethlisberger also smiling and not seriously hurt, and with the Redskins licking their wounds after what felt like a loss on the road. From the racket made and "Terrible Towels" being waved, Leftwich might have thought he was playing in Pittsburgh, since between 15,000 to 20,000 Steelers fans snapped up tickets and promptly took over FedEx Field in their black road jerseys. It really gets a little tiresome hearing how great Redskins fans are, only to see fans of the Cowboys or Steelers or Eagles commandeer FedEx Field. Really, they're a very average lot, at best.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/04/AR2008110400197.html

Wilbon doesnt think we are the greatest fans ever
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Been to four games. How about you "Staff Member?"
So, bringing your rant here and on to a staff member makes you a good fan?

If you ONLY come here to rant every time we lose a game on national TV and you have a grievance about the fans, quite frankly, I hope not to see your posts EVER AGAIN. :evil:

Quite frnakly I don't think you know what you're talking about. I feel like I put 200% into this team, and to watch it from Chicago, and see the amount of visiting fans in our house is embarassing. If you are not embarassed, you must be from Canada.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:34 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Well hold on a second Vet, that's just nonsense your talking now. The dude lives out of state and how can you assume the dude can afford to take a trip here for a game anyways? He's wrong in assuming WE who are here can even afford to buy a ticket. I'm not saying that any of us do this but the fact of the matter is people use season tickets as investments to make money and that's what happened last night. I'm just guessing but I think most of those steelers fans got their tickets probably on the net. The thing about the Steelers fans traveling is just nuts, I asked about 20 fans if they live here and 15 said yes but originally from Pitt. Lay off the dude man.. geezuz christ.. where were you last night when my boys and I were in the parking lot fighting 4 steelers fans who kept saying the Skins suck???? :evil:

I never doubted anyone's dedication in this thread. I actually called the OP on his claim of buying tickets to sit on them. Reread the whole thread and tell me where I was out of line. How exactly is it my fault that posters make claims that they have no intent of keeping? I just called him on it.

I really don't think you get it. Erase the idea of me buying everyone's ticket. I didn't mean it literally. It's actually sad that you think you called me out on that... Did you actually think I was going to buy 20,000 seats so they didn't go to Steeler fans? Come on man.

Hear me clearly...I'm embarrased about the showing of our fans tonight. That's it. I get the feeling that you are content.
Miss you 21

**ch44

Re: Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:44 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I posted this last year when I attended the Bears game, and I'll say it again. How do the F-ing Steelers have more fans at the game then we do, and if they didn't, how are they louder?????

Our fans are pathetic. Why does anyone sell the visiting team tickets? Come on guys. Eat the cost if you can't go. Hell I'll buy them and eat it while watching in Chicago.

I'm again ashamed of being a fan. I knew the feeling of being proud of our fan base wouldn't last for a whole season. Not with this crew.

Very little noise that whole game. Just flat out embarassing seeing all those towels.

FIRST, I WAS AT THE GAME. Second, there was no way the Steelers fans were louder than the Skins fans. That had some thing to do with the fact that for every Steelers fan there was 4 or 5 Skins fans. Yes, I know that still comes out to over 15000 Steelers fans. I actually thought that there would be a bigger turn out of PBurg fans. I told a friend of mine that I expected 25-30000 to show up.

That being said it was an awful display of Skins fans not showing up to support their team.

Again, I would never bring this up if I lived in the DC area because I would have a much better chance financially to go to the games. I live in Chicago, transplant from DC, and I have to watch it on TV. The announcers made it seem as though it was a gross display of Black and Gold. It sounded that way too. Kornheiser made reference to it even. I'm just embarrased.
Miss you 21

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:49 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Well hold on a second Vet, that's just nonsense your talking now. The dude lives out of state and how can you assume the dude can afford to take a trip here for a game anyways? He's wrong in assuming WE who are here can even afford to buy a ticket. I'm not saying that any of us do this but the fact of the matter is people use season tickets as investments to make money and that's what happened last night. I'm just guessing but I think most of those steelers fans got their tickets probably on the net. The thing about the Steelers fans traveling is just nuts, I asked about 20 fans if they live here and 15 said yes but originally from Pitt. Lay off the dude man.. geezuz christ.. where were you last night when my boys and I were in the parking lot fighting 4 steelers fans who kept saying the Skins suck???? :evil:

I never doubted anyone's dedication in this thread. I actually called the OP on his claim of buying tickets to sit on them. Reread the whole thread and tell me where I was out of line. How exactly is it my fault that posters make claims that they have no intent of keeping? I just called him on it.

I really don't think you get it. Erase the idea of me buying everyone's ticket. I didn't mean it literally. It's actually sad that you think you called me out on that... Did you actually think I was going to buy 20,000 seats so they didn't go to Steeler fans? Come on man.

Hear me clearly...I'm embarrased about the showing of our fans tonight. That's it. I get the feeling that you are content.

Gross exxagerations just in the heat of a hissy doesn't help the situation. That was all I "got." I completely understood your point. The way you expressed it was "sad" as you said.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Jake wrote:
"We had to go silent at least a couple of times," one veteran player said. "It was loud down there, espeicially on third down. I never seen anything like that, at home, with 90,000 people there. It seemed like they had more fans than we did. That was sad. They had guys like Troy [Polamalu] raising his arms on third down and all these people are yelling and screaming for the Steelers. It was pretty sad, man."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

That my friend...pisses me off!!!
Miss you 21

Hog

Postby Wahoo McDaniels » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
Jake wrote:
"We had to go silent at least a couple of times," one veteran player said. "It was loud down there, espeicially on third down. I never seen anything like that, at home, with 90,000 people there. It seemed like they had more fans than we did. That was sad. They had guys like Troy [Polamalu] raising his arms on third down and all these people are yelling and screaming for the Steelers. It was pretty sad, man."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

That my friend...pisses me off!!!

Yep. That was pretty sad. I sit in an area of season ticket holders that have been together since RFK and we were absolutely surrounded by Steelers fans.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:58 pm

I live about 90 minutes from FedEx Field, I won't go to a game there unless it meets these conditions:

1) A 1PM game
2) Someone else drives
3) I have good seats

The isolated location, the awful traffic, the exorbitant prices, the lack of enthusiasm, all of it makes it preferable for me to stay at home or go to a bar.
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby SkinsHead56 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 am

All I know is that Sellers, Moss,& Zorn all mentioned it in their respective pressers. It was twenty-three to one in the bar I was at. Me being the one, Steelers fans being the 23. They were saying "look at the towels". Man "Bleep" the towels. I officially hate Steeler fans now.
In memorium Sean Taylor 1983-2007 R.I.P.

Long live the Legend of "Meast".

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:54 am

Yeah...you'd have thought that maybe just maybe Dan would have handed out red towels to blend with the gold and make burgundy and gold. There was a campaign with fans and many brought there own but it just wasn't enough. It was a horrible night at fed ex. Thinking the Cowboys game may not be any better....just minus the towels.
Last edited by SkinsChic on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 am

Just like a road game, though, the players could have taken their crowd out of it, by making the plays to put the game away.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 am

JSPB22 wrote:Just like a road game, though, the players could have taken their crowd out of it, by making the plays to put the game away.

:celebrate: Although I think the fans suck, I agree with you.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 am

Point is...there should not have been so many Steelers fans there that they needed to be "taken out of the game".

But yes...it would have been nice for them to make the plays.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football