Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:Just like a road game, though, the players could have taken their crowd out of it, by making the plays to put the game away.

:celebrate: Although I think the fans suck, I agree with you.

I couldn't disagree more… going to a silent count take always the offense’s advantage of a snap count because now everyone is starting on movement of the ball.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

DEHog wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:Just like a road game, though, the players could have taken their crowd out of it, by making the plays to put the game away.

I couldn't disagree more… going to a silent count take always the offense’s advantage of a snap count because now everyone is starting on movement of the ball.

So how does taking their crowd out of the equation not give us back that advantage?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
DEHog wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

So how does taking their crowd out of the equation not give us back that advantage?

Well to do so we would need to make said play...their fans made that play harder by making nosie. My point is you said "just like a road game" This was a home game, you shouldn't have to "take the crowd out of it" at home!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Well to do so we would need to make said play...their fans made that play harder by making noise. My point is you said "just like a road game" This was a home game, you shouldn't have to "take the crowd out it" at home!!

AMEN...THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.... SHEEEEEEESH!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:40 pm

I don't disagree, but I'm saying there was an obvious solution to the problem once the situation was evident. We score on those first two drives, and their crowd sits silently, while ours gives us the HFA.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:40 pm

From StubHub...

Amount of tickets availible for the next home game of these teams

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

Only the Lions have more tickets availible and we are playing Dallas!!!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:50 pm

DEHog wrote:From StubHub...

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

That's completely sad.

Tickets that should be going straight to season ticket holders.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Jake wrote:

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

That's completely sad.

These are season ticket holder!! Who are selling them!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Bingo DEHog!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:12 pm

SkinsChic wrote:Yeah...you'd have thought that maybe just maybe Dan would have handed out red towels to blend with the gold and make burgundy and gold. There was a campaign with fans and many brought there own but it just wasn't enough. It was a horrible night at fed ex. Thinking the Cowboys game may not be any better....just minus the towels.

I've been saying this for a year now (read my caption at the bottom). We had a chance with ST to buy up towels. Now you can see the power of the towel.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Fios wrote:I live about 90 minutes from FedEx Field, I won't go to a game there unless it meets these conditions:

1) A 1PM game
2) Someone else drives
3) I have good seats

The isolated location, the awful traffic, the exorbitant prices, the lack of enthusiasm, all of it makes it preferable for me to stay at home or go to a bar.

What isolated location? It is right of the Capital beltway. This isn't Foxboro.

I have only once had a problem with traffic. The first time I went and I was stupid enough to use the beltway and I have never had trouble with traffic since. It took me 40 minutes Monday night to get home and I live in St Mary's county! (once I got to my car - parked in the satellite parking off Apollo- about a 20 minute walk).

Off course you could take the Metro, which is only a ten minute walk.

The prices do suck, but I would rather pay $75 for a Skins game than $60 fo a Caps game. I do think $40 dollar is way too much to park in a parking lot on the other side of I95. I don't buy anything at the game. I drink and eat all I want before the game.

The enthusiasm was there Monday night, the problem is there were 15-20,000 Steelers fans that were just as pumped and their team was playing better. The Stadium itself is devoid of any personallity, it is kind of sterile!
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:31 pm

DEHog wrote:
Jake wrote:

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

That's completely sad.

Oh wow.... that is even worse. Sellouts.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:17 am

Jake wrote:
DEHog wrote:
Jake wrote:

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

That's completely sad.

Oh wow.... that is even worse. Sellouts.

There are various legit reasons for selling tickets, so I don't think labeling every single one of them sellouts is really fair. For instance, there is a guy in my office that has season tickets. Four months ago, he got laid off. The position he took because he needed a job pays ~$22 LESS than his previous job. Times are hard.

I think to put your financial well being and family behind the Washington Redskins is an idiotic thing to do and the people who do think that the Washington Redskins are more important than family or financial well being are probably some of the type of people that put this country in the position it's in now; unintelligent, impulsive actions...
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:32 am

I agree, Vetskins. Snyder can get away with his slimy policies during times when money is flowing pretty freely, and the 'fan experience' isn't necessarily worse for the wear. People complain, but they still go, etc.

But when times get tough and people start having to prioritize a little more conservatively, it's not as easy to fill seats with Redskins fans because they have no reason to be loyal to the "fan experience" of FedEx.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 am

In my life, I've been to all sorts of sporting events:

big-school college basketball (IU during its heyday in the 80's)
big-school college football
pro football
pro basketball
pro baseball (both minor and major league)
pro hockey
pro soccer

I've even seen the Tour de France in person for two weeks. But by far, the pro football fan experience was the worst. It wasn't alway that way - I have fond memories of 'skins games at RFK - but I last attended a 'skins game in '06, and I'm in no hurry to go back. Too expensive, too crowded, and football fans are the worst (generally speaking) - just a bunch of vulgar, drunken idiots. I attended my last 'skins game with my 5yo son, and I was embarrassed to have him in the presence of all those profanity-spewing, bombed, fighting morons. Attending a 'skins game every few years just reminds me why I like watching them better on TV. I took my kids to four hockey games last year, and it was much more a 'family' atmosphere that I'd do again. Sure, plenty of people drank a few, but they weren't belligerent and vulgar about it. I can see why fans sell their 'skins tickets.
Last edited by Mursilis on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football