Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:13 am

I agree there are legit reasons for having to "sell" your tickets...but....there are 200,000 on the Skins Ticket Waiting List...let's sell to those who would LOVE TO ATTEND A GAME!!! Selling out to the other teams fan is not acceptable!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:33 am

Jake wrote:
DEHog wrote:
Jake wrote:
DEHog wrote:From StubHub...

Amount of tickets availible for the next home game of these teams

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

Only the Lions have more tickets availible and we are playing Dallas!!!

That's completely sad.

Tickets that should be going straight to season ticket holders.

These are season ticket holder!! Who are selling them!

Oh wow.... that is even worse. Sellouts.

To be fair, StubHub only services 9 NFL teams, the rest are serviced by Ticketmaster, AND FedEx is by far the largest stadium in the NFL...meaning that proportionally it's not as bad as the bare numbers look.

However, it's still disgusting.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 am

Countertrey wrote:Anybody here think that if the game had been in P-burgh that 1/4 of the stadium would have been in B&G?

Didn't think so. Enough said.

Pittsburgh doesn't have a 90K seat stadium, does it?

I see the point you're trying to make, but its not an apples to apples comparison.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 am

PulpExposure wrote:
Jake wrote:
DEHog wrote:
Jake wrote:

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

That's completely sad.

To be fair, StubHub only services 9 NFL teams, the rest are serviced by Ticketmaster, AND FedEx is by far the largest stadium in the NFL...meaning that proportionally it's not as bad as the bare numbers look.

However, it's still disgusting.

Check again you can get all tickets on there...yes our stadium is bigger which is why I selected the team having bad seasons.
Last edited by DEHog on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:52 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
Jake wrote:
DEHog wrote:
Jake wrote:

Lions 3275
REDSKINS 2915
Bengals 2740
49ers 2510
Chiefs 2096

That's completely sad.

There are various legit reasons for selling tickets, so I don't think labeling every single one of them sellouts is really fair. For instance, there is a guy in my office that has season tickets. Four months ago, he got laid off. The position he took because he needed a job pays ~$22 LESS than his previous job. Times are hard.

I think to put your financial well being and family behind the Washington Redskins is an idiotic thing to do and the people who do think that the Washington Redskins are more important than family or financial well being are probably some of the type of people that put this country in the position it's in now; unintelligent, impulsive actions...

I to don't believe thier all sellouts. There are those who buy the tickets with the intent to make money...those are who I'm talking about. If you can't afford them then of course you shouldn't buy them...I have sold or given away my tickets on occasion but never above face value. To be honest I get almost as much joy out of taking people to their first football game as going myself. People give me preseason tickets all the time for my Pop Warner team...There are just so many way you can handle getting rid of a ticket.

What happened Monday Night was the perfect storm...
We played a team that travels well
We played on a Monday Night when some fan don't want to attend and sell thier tickets.
And we have a owner who holds back tickets for those willing to pay, what ever is left he sell on the market.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:57 am

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Anybody here think that if the game had been in P-burgh that 1/4 of the stadium would have been in B&G?

Didn't think so. Enough said.

Pittsburgh doesn't have a 90K seat stadium, does it?

I see the point you're trying to make, but its not an apples to apples comparison.

Not to many people from the DC metro area living in PBurge. Heck there are almost as many people from the PBurge are living in the DC area as the are people actually living in PBurge.

So no there wouldn't be as many people in B&G at Hines field. There are more than enough Steelers fans in the DC area to fill Fed-ex w/o any Skins fans.

But we could over run M&T bank stadium on Dec 7 (still trying to get a ticket).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:00 pm

I actually doubt that you have any idea what my point is, so I'll define it.

You would not find tickets in Pittsburgh... because, there, fans go to the game. They don't sell them to the opponent's fans.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:29 pm

DEHog wrote:Check again you can get all tickets on there...yes our stadium is bigger which is why I selected the team having bad seasons.

Yes, I know you can buy any ticket on StubHub. But what I guess I should have been clearer is StubHub has a specific relationship with eight NFL teams link here (Redskins are one of them) as their official ticket provider. Ticketmaster is the official ticket provider for all other teams.

Being an official ticket provider means you can list your Redskins ticket on StubHub without costing you a dime, whereas you have to pay a listing fee for Ticketmaster. So...you'll naturally see more tickets posted on StubHub for those teams that are affiliated with StubHub.

Those teams are the Redskins, Indianapolis Colts, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Atlanta Falcons, San Diego Chargers, Detroit Lions and Houston Texans. Notice of the teams you posted, the top 3 are on this list.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:You would not find tickets in Pittsburgh... because, there, fans go to the game. They don't sell them to the opponent's fans.

They have nothing else to do, probably... :wink:

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Another factor that needs to be considered is there is a lot of regional immigration here in the DC Metro area. Between the Fed and all the IT and Tech here, I'm almost positive that we have more people from out of the area than almost any other area.
Note, this is NOT about international immigration.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:48 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:But we could over run M&T bank stadium on Dec 7 (still trying to get a ticket).

How about it? Can we take over another house that's 30 minutes away???
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:50 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:But we could over run M&T bank stadium on Dec 7 (still trying to get a ticket).

How about it? Can we take over another house that's 30 minutes away???

It is closer to two hours for me, maybe 1.5 if there aren't many Troopers out.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:55 pm

our fans don't suck.

as many have already said. the whole atmosphere surrounding the redskins sucks. the owner would rather have some schmuck from pittsburg in the seats paying the prices, than to have a passoinate redskins fan sit there and complain about the prices, parking, etc.

the owner may put forth the effort and money to build a team, but he could give a rats ass about the average redskins fan as long as his ticket list is 'sold out'. some people's B&G glasses are so thick that i'm surprised that they can even see far enough to tie thier own shoes in the morning without hanging themselves with thier shoe laces.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:05 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:Another factor that needs to be considered is there is a lot of regional immigration here in the DC Metro area. Between the Fed and all the IT and Tech here, I'm almost positive that we have more people from out of the area than almost any other area.

Ummm... I believe that was also true in the 70' and 80's... but you wouldn't have had to wade through a sea of black and gold during a home game against Pittsburgh...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Countertrey wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:Another factor that needs to be considered is there is a lot of regional immigration here in the DC Metro area. Between the Fed and all the IT and Tech here, I'm almost positive that we have more people from out of the area than almost any other area.

Ummm... I believe that was also true in the 70' and 80's... but you wouldn't have had to wade through a sea of black and gold during a home game against Pittsburgh...

The move from RFK to FedEx opened up about 40,000 new seats, though.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football