HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby #1SKINFAN » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:46 am

I'm going to Myrtle Beach on Friday. Does anyone know if they air the redskin preseason games in SC. If not I'm staying home. I've got to see how they do against Baltimores D :-k

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:33 pm

I live up in Canada, so I can't tell you much about the South Carolina TV situation. What I can tell you is that WOIC 1290 AM (Columbia) are a Reddskins radio network affiliate so you may be able to catch the game on the radio.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:10 am

Hope this helps, You can check every state and see where to go to watch the game, some even have a website with it, but all have addresses. Just click the link below or cut and paste into your web browser, then click the state or are going to.
Marc
http://www.haruth.com/WRRemoteAreas.html

piglet

Postby #1SKINFAN » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:55 am

Thanks Dudes, Boss saw you at training camp, I thought it was you but wasn't sure. I date one of the redskin cheerleaders. I was there on fan appreciation day to watch her perform

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:16 pm

thanks for that link! There was a Tampa SKINS bar I didn't know about.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:59 pm

Glad to help out any Redskins Fan, I hope Lavar is right, that we are not shouwing anything until the season starts, because so far we haven't shown anything yet. Except some mediocore plays on defense and some decent running on the second strings defense.
Marc

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:48 am

Personally, I like this far better than the false hopes of last year. There's an element of suspense we didn't have last year: "Is Spurrier a bust or is he hiding things?"

My guess is he is hiding things, but his teams still need far more attention to detail. Hopefully he can figure out how to do this.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:29 am

You know, when Gibbs ran the team, you didn't see this kind of malfunctioning, either in the pre season or regular season. Were Turner and now Spurrier so lax at camp on certain things that we are seeing such a lack of detail orientation? Things like holding and offsides were much rarer in the 80's and early 90's. I notice that they aren't doing much 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 in camp, nor do I see the scrimmaging that we used to see. Does anyone see this as a problem for the details we see lacking or the loss of unit cohesion?

Rich in Roanoke
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby newshog » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:46 pm

Well, one of the major things that separates this era from Gibbs' era is free agency--we're not going to have lines that have played together for years at a time. I think a lot of the mistakes stem from guys being unused to the guys that play next to them, but I also believe it'll settle down as they get going in the season.

The other thing is that coaches no longer loom as large in their players' lives as they used to--how could they, when all a player hears is how important they are, how they get to sign multi-million-dollar contracts, how a coach is likely to get cut before a "franchise" player is cut? Coaches have to figure out how to work with young multimillionaires instead of threatening them. There's more carrot these days and less stick, and I think that's a big reason for the decline in discipline across the board.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:02 pm

I agree about free agency being a huge difference - especially when it comes at the expense of people being together 10-12 years. Line cohesion could be developed over a much longer peiod of time and the other units, such as WR could also develop the same intimacy. This I am sure reflects on the ability to "know" what each other is doing and reducing the number of stupid mistakes.

As far as the carrot and the stick - I think that the egos are in control of the madhouse. I think that the NFL is cutting their own throats by allowing the union to dictate on this issue so strongly. Granted, they may strike, but IMHO, let them all strike and bring the players back down to earth. Break the union and bring the league back to the fans.

If the NFL and Paul "I will kiss any butt to remain here" Tagliabue allows the PA to dictate the issue, it is only going to get worse. I can imagine the new contract in, what is it, 2007? Think what we have is bad now? I bet it just gets more convoluted.

::sigh:: Wishing for the good old days.

Rich
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football