Hog Noses

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Hog Noses

Postby BossHog » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:56 am

During the regular season, we have a column called The 5th Quarter where we grade out the performance of the Redskins' respective rushing, passing, defense and special teams units.

This year we are going to be adding a hog nose for our player of the game at each respective position. My hog noses for yesterday are as follows:

Passing - Ramsey. It was a tough call between him and Coles, but I gave the nod to Ramsey for his head first slide (despite how I cringed when he did it). No guts, no glory I guess. 8-13 for 100 yards and a TD with a bruised finger... hard not to like this kid. If he can get on a roll, it'll go a long way to providing us with a competitive team.

Rushing - Trung! YPA wasn't very good but that's because he was fighting betwen the tackles for tough inside yardage.

Defense - George Edwards. For putting together units that held the Ravens to just 35 yards rushing. Preseason or not... that's a strong, concerted effort.

Special Teams - Patrick Johnson. First time that I've been impressed with PJ. Probably earned a roster spot too.

:celebrate: to everyone for a solid game.

You're all welcome to name your own hog nose recipients here.

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:13 pm

what the hell was ramsey thinking on that run??????????? :shock: #-o 1st of all FEET FIRST, they can't hit you when you slide feet first kiddo. 2nd its preseason.....DON"T RUN, DON"T RISK IT. i also felt my heart drop on that late hit. (even though the extra 15 yds was appreciated) with the way qbs are goin down in the preseason, i wouldn't mind seeing ramsey on the bench at jax. i agree with your hog nose picks.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

That Ramsey run scared the S#!% out of me

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:17 pm

Man, that Ramsey run scared the you-know-what out of me. PLEEESE don't do that again, especially in preseason.

As for Passing, I have to give the Nod to Coles, he was terrific and got open on some great plays.

As for running, I'd give it hands down to Sultan. That run for 15 yards might have been the best redskins run I've seen in years.

For Defense, Lavar dominated, pure and simple. He deserved player of the game honors.

Patrick Johnson was terrific on special teams. He looked good receiving too.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football