Prediction's for the Jets game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby THE_SOOTHSAYER » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:25 pm

Yeah, he's really good. He'll hit a 55 yarder then miss 3 30 yarders. Money well spent. Almost as good as 8.5MM for a kick returner.

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:
THE_SOOTHSAYER wrote:My prediction?

Jets 24
Deadskins 10

We have a good kicker - your score is impossible - 24? I doubt you guys make an extra point - I just gave you credit for 14 cause Herm will go for two twice and make it once.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:30 pm

Making the playoffs, as I was just trying to get the point across to SirSmizzalot, means nothing without the big game. It just means lousy draft picks (unless you don't pay your good WR, another teams steals them and gives you their draft pick).

The point is, don't come to me with the old "we made the playoffs argument" because that was last year, and no one, not you or I know whether either of these teams is worth a holy cow turd right at the moment.

Talk to me about playoffs if you are in and we aren't or vice versa (hopefully we both make it to the big game and we can trash talk again).

Wanna compare positions this year - cool. Want to relive the past? We can, as we have a heckuva good past too. That was my point. :)
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:52 pm

An the point i was trying to get across was if the playoff's are'nt quite good enough what is 7-9?
Talk to me about playoffs if you are in and we aren't or vice versa (hopefully we both make it to the big game and we can trash talk again).
but that happened the last 2 years,technically we jet fans can talk till the 7th about the playoff's.We earned it.

I dont like to live in the past...Maynard and monk are'nt playing.

Would you not be alittle upset ir chump and laneck arrington left for the cardnials...a worse off team?
Welcome Home Coles

Postby SirBoozer76 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:00 pm

I have a serious question for Skins fans:

How angry do you guys get when your owner puts you into salary cap hell by overpaying for mediocrity?? Seriously, do you guys really think Coles is a better, more talented receiver than R Gardner?? Gardner post very good #'s for a 2nd year wideout last year. Especially when you consider that laughable QB carousel that was going on. How is it that one of the highest paid recievers in the league isn't even the best one on his team? Prior to Pennington, Coles was really not so great. Once Pennington came in, Coles suddenly got all the looks. Our OC, Paul Hackett, was later quoted as saying he devised the plays to go to the receivers Chad was familiar with.

But enough on that, what about your kick returner?? Do you really pay a KR that kind of money?? I wouldn't.

You have already lost D Wilkinson, who refused to take a pay cut. Why should he?? But that's just the tip of the iceberg. WHat happens when Snyder asks L Arrington to take a pay cut because he can't afford him. Or if Snyder doesn't extend his contract?? What happens if Canidate or Ramsey turn out to be busts? Who will your team turn to? I really feel sad for you guys as fans, because you have already been through one purge. The next one will be brutal, and until you find a DT to stop the run, there isn't a chance in hell of you seeing the playoffs.

BTW: Jets 27-Skins-13
2 words: Laverneous Coleslaw-John Abraham

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:01 pm

Hiya, pigs fans.

Here's the deal. I think your owner is a scumbag and that your coach is in over his head. I knew Mark May in high school and always kind of liked your team until your fantasy league owner raided us last season. I'll be rooting for you at least twice this year, when you play the Giants.

So, no heavy smack here, and I won't be attacking any of you personally. That's crap.

Now that I've introduced myself, here's my prediction:

The Soothsayer was close, but it'll be 24-9. Hall will miss an extra point. It happens. We know.

If you'd like to make Snyder and that receiver whose name I can't recall look better, visit my website and go to the "Fun Stuff" page.
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:11 pm

I think we have offically took over the hog's site. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome Home Coles

Postby SirBoozer76 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:15 pm

Two Words: Laverneous "Coleslaw"-John Abraham
BWahahahahahaha!!!
2 words: Laverneous Coleslaw-John Abraham

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:17 pm

Did Abraham really say that? Too funny!
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

Postby SirBoozer76 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:28 pm

Bob the Jets Fan wrote:Did Abraham really say that? Too funny!

Yes, it is the preview commercial on ABC. Funny as hell!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:46 pm

I think we have offically took over the hog's site

Maybe everyone just got tired of the rhetoric that is obviously nothing but sour grapes... do you guys really expect us to believe the bitterness that you now spawn. I looked through the archives of your message board... you are all talking out of the side of your mouth and singing a very different tune about certain players than you did last year.

Can't blame you though... you did get pillaged and your owner's a cheap bastage.

I'll tell you what.... let's make a friendly little wager between both sites JetsInsider.com and theHogs.net.... if the Redskins lose to your beloved Jets... I'll make the headline on the main page.... 'Spendskins wasted their money on former Jets' .... if you guys lose you have to post a headline that says, 'Of course we lost, they took all of our good players''

Just let me know if you need any pics of Coles scoring the winning TD, I'll have 'em for ya.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:48 pm

The Soothsayer would be the only one who could take your bet. He's the guy with the keys.
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:53 pm

That sounds like a challenge.
Welcome Home Coles

Postby SirBoozer76 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:57 pm

I'd take the challenge if I had the authority....What sy you Sooth???

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:02 pm

I'll be sweating a lot of games this year, including all six of the division games. I just hope our easy win in game one doesn't make the boys in green overconfident going into the Miami game.
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:22 pm

This is a fuc*ing joke........we're here taking over this foum.....what a joke!!

Have some pride Deadskins fans.....although I know you want to crawl under a rock and hide......we're coming to Fed Ex (yes, Snyder would sell the naming rights to his first born) and having a party!!

I'll be there....looking forward to laughing all the way home!! :twisted:
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football