Prediction's for the Jets game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby Tennessee_Jet » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:46 am

hailskins666 wrote:by the way none of you "cool guys" answered my question, where exactly is jets stadium anyways?????????????? :twisted:

There is no Jets Stadium but what does that have to do with this game? Why are you so taken with this? Will it matter after the Foreskins get pummeled?

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:01 am

Tennessee Jet - unfortunately, there is about as much to the "where is the Jets stadium" about the game as there is to all of the "your owner sucks". None of that matters.

I have repeatedly offered to talk football, and I don't get a response.

I don't care he/she/it. You don't know what happened JonE - and neither do I and you know what - as far as uneducated banter, all you have to do is peer back to some of your fellow Jets fans posts. You folks aren't talking football or even football smack. Just drivel. Ah well, may the Miami fans enjoy you next week.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:03 am

yea it will matter, where do the jets go "home" to after the game??? jets and cards, two homless biatches on the streets. the soup kitchen is right around the corner, oh yea, and chad can get his wounds healed at the local health department or charity hospital.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:11 am

roanoke, no offense, but i love the way everyone here is "above all that", or to "educated to stoop that low". jesus christ, don't you people have any cahoonies? have you all been nuetered? its not like we're callin each this or that, we're just raggin each other in good fun. try it sometime. maybe you wouldn't be so uptight. if you don't have any......... GROW SOME. :lowblow: theres a ton of jets fans here havin a blast, as far as that goes i am too, don't like it don't read the post.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:18 am

I don't have any problems with that hail, just want to talk football. ::sigh::

Sorry if you don't understand that it gets BORING talking Snyder and the other irrelevancies.

I actually, if you read back, had fun yesterday talking football, and had a nice PM conversation with SirSmizzy about football topics. I just don't find smack talking with nothing to back it up to be fun.

Sorry if you disagree, but then again, I don't have to agree with you, the Jets fans, or anyone else. That is the nature of these boards.
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:37 am

Okay then...I'll start!!

After Vinny (I know you get off on the Testicle thing) starts handing the ball off to Curtis (oh yeah...he'll get creamed by your LB 15 yards down the field) and we establish our running game against your sorry ass DL (c'mon guys....football is won in the trenches where you guys are not making any offensive line shake in their boots) Vinny will go deep to our new go to guys....Santana (who will go over 1000 yards this year) and Curtis Conway.

Unfortunately for you Dixie boys.....I think you have a great team on paper. It is in the trenches where your paper team gets hammered!!

Have a nice day!!
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:42 am

i understand roanoke, no offense meant, no offense taken. by the way jets fans, whats up with all the "sir" crap. you all think you're royalty???????????? ROTFALMAO or is that gay jet lingo?????? :hmm: i get it you're all knights in shining armor :lol: but for real i can understand why you're all pissed at the skins. if you had your starters from last year, the chad thing wouldn't be that big. but you don't. now your second rate team will be run by a second rate QB. and you have to play your old starters thursday. i'd be pissed too. now with this second rate team, you won't even be able to get your revenge. guess your gonna be really pissed come friday. :twisted:
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:47 am

JonE, while you might be right we aren't making people shake due to our defensive line, I watched Dalton and Chase in the last preseason game. The two new DTs came in situationally and even after just a couple of practices were making a huge difference. Rolling back the tape and seeing the difference between someone like Cowsette, Holsey or Haley and Dalton and Chase side by side was amazing. On one hand, the line would move backwards, gaps would open wide and pop... the running back was through. On the other hand the line would move towards the QB, the ends would start closing in, and the RB was stuffed, even to the point of stopping the Jags on a 4th and inches. Maybe they aren't "name" DTs, but then again, does it make any difference if they perform like it?

I like Curtis Martin, I think he is a class act. If he doesn't get to a team where he can play a more run oriented offense he may be hard put to get into the hall of fame. Herm has designed a line primarily to pass block for the west coast offense, and unfortunately for Curtis, the numbers show it in his performance. I did hear some rumors floating that there was a new back in town... is he any good and could he replace Martin?

By the way, Arrington wouldn't take 15 yards to chase Martin down unless they ran away from him, which I would advise. :)
Rich in Roanoke

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:47 am

hailskins666 wrote:if you had your starters from last year, the chad thing wouldn't be that big. but you don't. now your second rate team will be run by a second rate QB. and you have to play your old starters thursday. i'd be pissed too. now with this second rate team, you won't even be able to get your revenge. guess your gonna be really pissed come friday. :twisted:

That's just silly. You didn't take anybody that important. You overpaid hugely for average players. We replaced them cheaply with average players.

Chad Pennington is a big loss. None of the guys now playing for you comes close.

Somewhere, not far in the future, you're going to say to yourself, "Damn. Those guys were right. Snyder paid WHAT for these guys?"

It'll start on Thursday when they all fail in a loss to the Jets.
Last edited by Bob the Jets Fan on Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:49 am

Jon- and after martin runs down the field, fails to get into the endzone. missed field goal. coles burns your weakass secondary, and takes it to the house. 7-0 skins at this point. hall kicks off, touchback. vinny t shines in his first af many int's of the game. returned by smoot 14 yds for the score. 14-0 now with only 3 mins off the clock. skins win 52-00. vinny finishes with a QB rating of 21.2
THN's resident jerk.

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:51 am

hailskins666 wrote:hall kicks off, touchback.

This guy hasn't seen much of Hall, has he, gentlemen?
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:52 am

bob- so you're sayin those guys suck, so therefore your team last year must have sucked too?
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:54 am

Bob,

Yes you did replace them with average players. An aging guard, a WR who according to most sportswriters doesn't bring anywhere near the total package that Coles had, (they say the same about Moss too by the way), a so so kicker who the same writers say that you will be wishing for Hall by season end and I don't even know who for the return man.

Give me a break. I'll tell you a story about a wolf who couldn't quite reach the grapes in a tree and figured they must be sour because he couldn't have them.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:55 am

cuz i know our team.... well offense sucked, and it looks a lot better this year with those guys. hall might suck too, but washington hasn't had a credible kicker in like ten years. that looks better too. how much better do the jets look?
Last edited by hailskins666 on Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:57 am

hailskins666 wrote:Jon- and after martin runs down the field, fails to get into the endzone. missed field goal. coles burns your weakass secondary, and takes it to the house. 7-0 skins at this point. hall kicks off, touchback. vinny t shines in his first af many int's of the game. returned by smoot 14 yds for the score. 14-0 now with only 3 mins off the clock. skins win 52-00. vinny finishes with a QB rating of 21.2

SkinsfanRoanoke

We were trying to have a decent conversation here and this DEWBAG steps in and talks jibberish??

I agree with you point about you DL has no names....do I know if they can play......I dunno....but this is where I feel the Jets have the clear advantage.

As far as the offense not bewing suited to Curtis......when we lost Thomas to you boys....that was our blessing in diguise. As you will see, although he is a decent pass blocker....his run blocking is not too good. (I liked Thomas...great locker room guy)

And as far as Hall......forget about the touchback thing. And you will cover your eyes, and pray every single thime the guy kicks!
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football