2011 NFL Draft Night Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:49 am

They certainly can't bank on Hankerson starting because he's a WR. They'll be lucky if he ever starts as far as their draft history with WR's goes anyway. Sidney Rice.

The thing I like about this draft is that we actually had a pick in rounds 1-4 and none of the picks were stupid. Jenkins was a reach, but it was a good first four rounds. After that it all went to hell, but they did get a lot of players in 5 through 7. And you can't expect a lot of starters in that range anyway.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon May 02, 2011 12:25 pm

brad7686 wrote:They certainly can't bank on Hankerson starting because he's a WR. They'll be lucky if he ever starts as far as their draft history with WR's goes anyway. Sidney Rice.

The thing I like about this draft is that we actually had a pick in rounds 1-4 and none of the picks were stupid. Jenkins was a reach, but it was a good first four rounds. After that it all went to hell, but they did get a lot of players in 5 through 7. And you can't expect a lot of starters in that range anyway.

Shanahan had said that Danny Smith was going to have a good deal of input in the bottom of the draft... looking at many of the picks, I'd say that's true.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon May 02, 2011 12:58 pm

This is the most optimistic I've felt about a Redskins draft for years. But it really doesn't matter how we feel about it right now - can somebody wake me up in three years?!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon May 02, 2011 2:40 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:We dont have a #1 or #2 wr on our roster, so one of the wrs drafted will start, maybe two of them. We don't have a DE or NT that can start, so there is a chance there for two starters. The rb may start, when Torain goes down from a hangnail.

You do realize there will at some point be a free agency before there is a season, no?

Is Carriker a FA as well?

No, he's signed for $1.42 million, but he'll be a free agent next year
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football