The NFL Sends Confusing Messages in Salary Cap Penalties

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Postby Prowl33 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:50 am

You guys know he strong armed the NFLPA into pushing this through right? They were against this action against the Redskins and the Cowboys, but then Goodell was like fine I'll take the salary cap away from every single team in the NFL if you decide not to agree with me....

There has to be something against that too... because thats just *sh$t*

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:29 am

What goes around comes around - Goodell will find that Snyder and Jerrah should not have been treated like this

there is no way that the pukes and Skins get this stupid BS ruling changed as it involves putting the NFL in a bad way ... however

these 2 teams will DEFINETLY not forget this :twisted:

Goodell .... and the other owners are now on the clock :evil:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:46 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Why the irritation with Goodell now? He's always been like this. He's treated others the same but I guess everyone cares now cus it's personal. :roll:

I know what you're saying Chris, but this situation is a lot different from the issues he has dealing with players harshly.

I'm burned up about it. This "fine" or whatever it is - is arbitrary AND unfairly applied. Its been well pointed out that several teams "affected competitive balance" during the uncapped year either by spending too much or not spending enough. Yet somehow he's singled out and punished only these two.

Sue em.

Postby RG3 Fan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

:twisted: :evil: Snyder and Jones shouldn't sit quietly on this. They violated no rules and collusion was occuring among owners. I believe they have and strong case and the other owners don't have a leg to stand on.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 am

Read that this morning. This thing gets worse and worse.

I was watching Around the Horn yesterday (yeah I hate that show too, but sportscenter isn't on yet and I was cooking!!!). Found it really frustrating to hear some of these writers saying the Redskins/Cowboys got what they deserved, etc; Its just laziness on these writers' parts, mainly because it doesn't affect the team in their town.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:36 am

riggofan wrote:

Read that this morning. This thing gets worse and worse.

I was watching Around the Horn yesterday (yeah I hate that show too, but sportscenter isn't on yet and I was cooking!!!). Found it really frustrating to hear some of these writers saying the Redskins/Cowboys got what they deserved, etc; Its just laziness on these writers' parts, mainly because it doesn't affect the team in their town.

Man, you know good an' well you could have saved yourself the heartburn. Nothing any of those idiots ever says is worth the time from your life you took to hear it. I'm shocked, shocked that any of them is employed as a writer.

ANYONE (looking at trolls, sports writers, trolls and trolls) who simply says, he he, skins and boys deserved it 'cause they suck, is a moron of the first degree, capable of no thought beyond what they're gonna have for dinner.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I hear you Chris - I have been supportive of Goodell in much of what he has tried to do - I just choose to think this is more the NFL office AND the other owners than a commissioner thing

Basically, the NFL had 2 owners that did not go along with the collusion stuff and it so happens that these same 2 owners "gained a competitive advantage" by tweaking deals and the STUPID NFL guys came down on them

I do understand that he's the commissioner and as such he's the guy in charge - he gets to take the heat for this

It's STILL a stupid decision and the timing could not have been worse - I doubt that anything changes

HOWEVER ... we still have a lot of salary cap money to use to sign players ... the pukes, not so much :roll:

I agree with Skins Jock here. While Goodell certainly played a role in this,it appears that this was driven by the other owners.

It's called the Good Old Boys network fellas. Been happing this way from the get-go. The AFL started because the Old Boys didn't want to expand. Jerry and Danny have been pissin' most of them off for years. The Old Boys were looking for a little revenge.

I'm pissed but not surprised.

Read America's Game if you want a thorough inside look.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder are not going to get over this easily

this BS deal is not a done deal yet but it's doubtful it's changing ............ however

there will be repurcussions - both of these guys are not very responsible - they will get even - bank on it :twisted:

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:15 pm

I have to dis-agree considering the Owners had no part in this. The NFL and NFLPA did this on their own. If the Owners had voted for this it wouldn't have happened. At least 4 other teams did what the Redskins did (of course it was the off season so they didn't do as good a job at it as the Skins did) and more than 8 other teams spent less than what the cap floor (if there had been a cap floor) was. If the owners would have voted, the Bears, Skins, Saints, Raiders and ttiT all would have been against it as they were the ones being penalized. They would have pointed at the teams that pocketed the money for future years (see Tampa Bay's un-capped off season compared to what they are doing this week). If half those 8 eight do go along with the commish, nothing happens to the teams that were penalized.

Why the Bears skated on this os a mystery because the Pepper's deal was worst than the Russell deal or what ttiT did (which I think really was illegal). The Saints and Raiders didn't lose any cap space but they didn't gain any either.

It was MORE than just two teams, the other owners had no part in this, the NFLPA should also had the issue voted on but didn't and above all this is not over yet
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks for clearing that up

I am encouraged to hear that it's not a done deal but ...

I really don't see Goodell (or the NFL) backing down on this .... Goodell is not going to let that happen

Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 pm

The committee that made the recommendation to the commissioner to penalize the Skins was headed up by a Mara!

Yes, the owner of the Giants played a major role in deciding the Skins and Boys should be punished and punished hard!!!!!

If that isn’t a competitive advantage, I don’t know what is!!!!!!!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:04 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:The committee that made the recommendation to the commissioner to penalize the Skins was headed up by a Mara!

Yes, the owner of the Giants played a major role in deciding the Skins and Boys should be punished and punished hard!!!!!

That's on Roger too... not only did he not consider who was making the recomendation, he never put it to a vote. Once this goes to court and it all comes out, it'll show the league colluded against the players by agreeing to control player movement and keep players salary down. Although it was a uncapped year the NFLPA still rep'd tha players as a union and had no idea this was happening. When it was time for the NFL and NFLPA to set this year's salary cap up comes this info because the NFLPA wanted to know how what should have been a three year flat cap was going to drop $3 to $6M a year after it was put in place (it's based on a 3 year average). Goodell and Smith did this... Smith could have raise hell but he would have to admit he screwed up last year to do so. Roger can't admit he ordered the teams to collude. So here we are... Smith will get re-elected because the space taken was spread out to the other 28 teams and the players lose nothing (other than those that could have been paid by signing in DC this off season). It was a bad move by Goodell, and he's lucky Al Davis passed last year, or he'd be up against Benson, Jones, Davis, and "the Danny" all at once. Al is gone, Benson will be quite in the hopes everyone forgets "bountygate" but that still leaves Jerruh and "the Danny" (two guys that won't back down even if they knew how). These two will fight tooth and nail even when they're wrong and now they are been punished for not breaking Anti-Trust.

When this all ends 28 teams will have to give back $1.6M in cap space and the Redskins will have so much cap space it scares me more than it scares the other owners. Goodell will forever have a dent in his armour because he's united the NFL's biggest rivals (I'm not talking about the teams). We won't even get into how this will effect small market teams the next time "the Danny" and Jurrah are asked to share the wealth.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Who hired the commish?

Vote schmote.

Good Old Boys.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:17 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:The committee that made the recommendation to the commissioner to penalize the Skins was headed up by a Mara!

That's just outrageous!!!

What did Mara do...? Get Goodell drunk and photograph him in a leather catsuit with a lady-boy hooker!!?!!?!!

That's about the only thing I can think of to make sense of all this... Why else would Goodell act like such a clueless jerk...?????
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football